With COVID are the room stewards wearing gloves and changing them to clean each room

6 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Hello what are the new standards in effect for the rooms to be cleaned do roomstewards wear masks and gloves, do they was. The bed comforters after each sailing, what about mattress and pillow how are they cleaning

Google provided this link.  Suggest a) reading the protocols put out by the specific cruise line you're interested in sailing, b) using cruise lines written protocols over the opinion of cc posters, and c) access your personal 'cruise w/ confidence'/lack thereof.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 3

If you are worried that much and asking about such things u really don’t need to travel, get on a plane, stay in a hotel or get on a ship. Seriously stay home. 
I am not being mean, I am being honest. 

Edited by renza
  • Like 39

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Gloves have no place in Covid mitigation, don’t use that as your indicator that a protocol is necessary. 

Especially the way that people use them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Since the room steward is currently only allowed in your cabin while we are away, anyone responding would possibly be guessing.  I can't imagine that they would use gloves and dispose of them after each cabin, when proper handwashing is a more suitable choice.

You can always contact Royal Caribbean and ask about your concerns. 🙂

• Like 2

On Ovation of the Seas, I’ve seen them wear those disposable gloves and mask in the hallway. I wasn’t watching them clean the rooms or anything. On debarkation day, I notice them removed all the sheets and towels and placed them in a giant red bag. I didn’t stay around to watch them clean the whole room… but it did appear they took their job seriously. 

• Like 4

Where would they wash their hands?  Impractical.  They should be changing gloves between cabins and using sanitizer between also.  This is simple hygiene, nothing to do with covid but Noro and everything else.  I’m sure they are doing everything needed per the CDC.  

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Where would they wash their hands?  Impractical.  They should be changing gloves between cabins and using sanitizer between also.  This is simple hygiene, nothing to do with covid but Noro and everything else.  I’m sure they are doing everything needed per the CDC.  

Thank you for taking the time to give me an intelligent reply instead of insulting my question , I appreciate that. That should be a concern to you all. I do not appreciate  being told that I should not travel. I have Ben cooped up with the COVID for almost two years and I need a break. Lways I portent on a cruise especially when people are close together.

Covid is not spread by touch.

But, I've seen stewards wearing gloves sometimes pre covid.  It's very drying and damaging to the skin to be wet or exposed to chemicals all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

They should wear a hazmat suit when cleaning rooms and live in isolation chambers when not on duty.  You can't be too careful.

139118047_ScreenShot2021-11-05at12_58_31PM.thumb.png.7e0a4e458389718c884810d9a9528c1e.png

Hate to be the one to say it, but the crew basically lives like that these days. It's a horrible time to be a crew member on cruise ships.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, miraflores said:

Hate to be the one to say it, but the crew basically lives like that these days. It's a horrible time to be a crew member on cruise ships.

Are you speaking from experience?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miraflores said:

Yes.

Funny I've seen a lot of videos of cruises since restart and not a single steward or other crew member was walking around in a hazmat suit.  And, no one on here has said a word about it.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, uncleboo said:

Thank you for taking the time to give me an intelligent reply instead of insulting my question , I appreciate that. That should be a concern to you all. I do not appreciate  being told that I should not travel. I have Ben cooped up with the COVID for almost two years and I need a break. Lways I portent on a cruise especially when people are close together.

Hmmm...You're answering like you're the OP...So are you goldengirl or uncleboo or just have two accounts?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, uncleboo said:

Insulting your question???  You aren't the OP, a user by the username of goldengirl is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

That would be the second thread @goldengirl has done that on today. She started another one, answered her own question (forgot to switch accounts maybe?), and then criticized others who were trying to help. I think you are on to something!

I smell a troll.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1