CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!! - Finally heading back to sea!!! - Celebrity Reflection Nov 27th

chicagopaul

So glad to see you back, you were missed. We were supposed to be on the Hawaii cruise with you in April 2020 and we are now doing that cruise in Sept.2022. 

We have already cruised post Covid. Once on the Milli and once on the Apex. Both cruises were smashing and we were so happy to be back cruising. We have 3 more X cruises booked for 2022 and that will take us to 33 cruises on X and 64 cruises total. 

I so enjoy your cooking videos and wish I knew your secret for staying so slim. 

I will be following you, Cheers Heather

• Like 1

Welcome back Paul!!

I am so glad you two are cruising again!  We took a chance and cruised with friends on the Celebrity Apex Transatlantic October 2021 sailing and it was sure great to be "home" again.  I teared up while boarding and the crew was clapping and cheering to welcome us aboard.  

We felt safer on this trip then going to our local grocery store and the service (we only had 1300 passengers and 1300 crew) was amazing.   It was a spectacular voyage in every way and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we did.  The crew was genuinly pleased to be back and board with passengers.

Missed reading  your reviews and have learned so much from them.

We are in cold in cloudy Chicago today visiting our daughter and new son-in-law in their newly purchased home for their first Thanksgiving. (purchased with an agent from @properties) then back to sunny Ft Myers, FL on Monday.

Enjoy your trip and welcome home!

• Like 1

Following!  Welcome back.  Have been hoping you had not given up on cruising as enjoy your posts so much.  I will be sailing on Edge the same time you are sailing on Reflection.  First post-covid cruise as well.

Marilyn

• Like 1

Wow was just thinking about you guys after watching one of your you tube posts. So glad all is well, have read all your reports from the very beginning. we will be getting on when you guys will be getting off. Could not asked for a better person to give us what we are instore for. Thank you .

• Like 1

Wow thank you everyone for the warm welcome back!!!

We are in the middle of packing right now. I'm taking a break with a cocktail (martini of course). We've had a handful of trips since Covid but now packing for a cruise reminds me of how different cruise packing is. I've decided I'm taking my tux. It will be my first time I've worn it since a charity event in Feb 2020.

Our Flight: Got lucky and were able to snag an exit row upgrade at no cost while checking in on the app this morning (gold status). So now the $79 rt seems like an even better deal.

Though I am sort of kicking myself for not booking the 11am flight. That flight is on a dreamliner which is very rare for this routing and we definitely could have scored premium economy at no cost. But oh well, it is a short 2hr 30m flight.

First order of business when we get to the hotel will be to take our Covid tests and get that out of the way so I can relax. Edward was a little paranoid and actually got tested yesterday just to "check" and all came back good.

• Like 3

Welcome back Paul and Edward. Look forward to reading your posts. We missed them very much. Kathy and I board Reflection Dec 4 for a B2B. Would love to know who the evening bartender is at Sunset Bar. 
Safe travels and Bon Voyage!

Ed

• Like 1

Eager to read your report - I have never sailed Reflection before but we are booked for February.  We have done two Celebrity cruises this year - Equinox and Millenium - incredible service and such smiling faces.  Will enjoy reading your comments!

Welcome back fellow Chicago area cruiser - from Sandy in Wheaton.

We are boarding Apex this Saturday and then jumping over to the Reflection on 12/4.  Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise.  This will be our second post-Covid cruise.  Our first was in September on Millennium - it was great!  I understand about the packing thing.  We are retired and cruise often (in normal times) so I used to be able to practically do cruise packing in my sleep.  This time I had to check and double check my packing list - I kept feeling like I was forgetting something!  Especially with so many ports cancelled these days, it could be hard to find something you might have forgotten.  Anyway.......have a great time!

I only have one we’re just say hallelujah!!! Welcome back Paul and Edward. I’m so glad that you’re writing a review I have truly missed your reviews on the ships.

I spent nine nights on the equinox October 29 to November 7. I did not do a live blog for that cruise I just wanted to relax feel the cruise. I’ve arrived in Fort Lauderdale for three days and stayed with friends there were five of us there that all did our Covid tests same time it was very simple to do and over very quickly. The biggest thing I’m worried about when I got on the ship was we’ve been gone so long from cruising what’s it going to feel like. Well even after being on the ship for five minutes I felt like I’ve never been gone from a ship for almost 2 years it was incredulous. Right to the café al  Bacio  it was the first place we went and then onto the martini bar of course. We did buy a dinner package and ate in Merano 2 nights Tuscan Grille three nights, sushi on five 2 nights, and main restaurant 3 nights. Never attended any entertainment. Embarkation and debarkation  were very quick and simple on and off in the snap of a finger. 
we used Lyft to and from the ship.

looking forward to your thoughts and pictures. November 27 is my granddaughters birthday she will be 12 going on 20

Norma 

• Haha 1

Welcome back to cruising.  I have always enjoyed your blogs and am looking forward to this one as am suffering from severe cruise withdrawal! Our next cruise is end of Jan on the Apex, just about two years since our last cruise.  
You’re  so right about looking at the positives that occurred during the last two years.  Instead of the gym, we did daily walks and met and talked to people in our neighborhood that we didn’t know.  Everyone waving to each other.  

We will also be going to San Juan and St. Thomas so will be interested in your activities there.  Have a great cruise and looking forward to “ cruising” with you.

Thank you so much for keeping us with you on your travels. I’m in awe of all of you who take the time and energy to post live blogs.
We’re sailing in about two weeks with a similar itinerary.  Looking forward to hearing about your port excursions.  
Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!