Has the new Omicron variant delay the restart of cruising?

Looks like I keep myself to myself for another year. At least the numbers in my post code remain low. Single digits. My only outing is to pick up coffee each morning.  I still have received two notifications of possible contacts in the last month but all good so far. Booster due 13th Jan.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now NSW Premier this morning has stated from 27 January, QR Codes will be scrapped and mask wearing relaxed in retail etc.  We are going round in circles. I cannot keep up with it.

The world has gone mad, well NSW has. 

You're not wrong there. Why on earth is the Perrotwit making decisions like that at this point in time? Does he actually have his head in the real world, or is he living in some alternate universe to the rest of us. 

Why decide to scrap QR codes until there are clear sights this outbreak has subsided? And even then QR codes should be optional not scrapped altogether.

Around our area masks were being worn by the majority even when they weren't mandatory, and I imagine that will continue regardless of how the rules change.

This latest announcement sounds like he's clutching at straws, trying desperately to make himself popular. It's mind-boggling! 🤬🤬🤬

• Like 3

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Truly shocking.

FEAR: "Scream" by Edvard Munch is a painting that shows a round figure with  his hands cupped around the face, making h… | Famous art paintings, Famous  art, Painting

I believe I'm suffering from 'COVID-19 Anxiety'. I live in Melbourne and I think I'm more afraid of going out anywhere these days with the current level of virus spread, than I was when we were in lockdown last year winter. Both of us are heading out to the GP to get our third booster injection. But this is no guarantee on not getting this virus. Tania

7 minutes ago, Peacefulness said:

Both of us are heading out to the GP to get our third booster injection. But this is no guarantee on not getting this virus. Tania

AS David Boon, and others have found out. At least most experience mild symptoms. 😷 I don't want to test that theory anytime soon. 🙂

39 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

AS David Boon, and others have found out. At least most experience mild symptoms. 😷 I don't want to test that theory anytime soon. 🙂

And Travis Head, media is in a frenzy saying 4th test at SCG is in doubt.

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Was there an alert for the hotel, Les?

Julie for your peace of mind, I rang front desk of Hotel Urban an hour ago, they have had no covid alerts/issues.  I think we were the only group in the cafe having coffee.

The hotel was at 20% occupancy during my 3 nights there according to duty manager.

Edited by NSWP

44 minutes ago, Peacefulness said:

I believe I'm suffering from 'COVID-19 Anxiety'. I live in Melbourne and I think I'm more afraid of going out anywhere these days with the current level of virus spread, than I was when we were in lockdown last year winter. Both of us are heading out to the GP to get our third booster injection. But this is no guarantee on not getting this virus. Tania

Anxiety is rampant , you’re not the only one.

People  are ether wound up and in fear ,dumbfounded and confused or all of the above.

‘Sounds like a P&O Cruise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Julie for your peace of mind, I rang front desk of Hotel Urban an hour ago, they have had no covid alerts/issues.  I think we were the only group in the cafe having coffee.

The hotel was at 20% occupancy during my 3 nights there according to duty manager.

Thanks, Les, although I wasn't concerned for us, just for you in case there had been an alert while you were staying there. We were sitting well away from anyone and it was a lovely airy space. But numbers are increasing in the Lane Cove LGA, and that hotel is in our LGA. 

Stay safe!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

People  are ether wound up and in fear ,dumbfounded and confused or all of the above.

You missed one emotion - pissed off!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Thank you for your reassurance. Seeing photos of crowds at the MCG was worrying 😟and confusing😕. Then came the thoughts of what awaits us for yet another year. Tania

• Like 2

22 hours ago, By The Bay said:

From what I read on the CC forum,

• on day 5 they already have nine passengers and two crew infected with Covid.
  • Cartagena (Colombia) authorities changed threshold for cases from 2% to 1% and therefore denied entry.

Not off to a good start, and could get worse.🤔

They did manage to port in Colon Panama. Some did a day trip to Panama City.

On the thought of cancelling QR Codes.....  when the Vic government stopped reporting the location  of outbreaks.....    it put them in drivers seat....   A very worrying thought.....

particularity when they have lost the steering wheel.

So   what are they saying     wear masks. have booster shots and let her rip ????

I am not sure what to think.....

getting on toward 30000 new case per day in Australia ( what are we aiming for 50000 ??)

Time a a G&T   or two       cheers and stay safe     Don

• Like 2

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

On the thought of cancelling QR Codes.....  when the Vic government stopped reporting the location  of outbreaks.....    it put them in drivers seat....   A very worrying thought.....

particularity when they have lost the steering wheel.

So   what are they saying     wear masks. have booster shots and let her rip ????

I am not sure what to think.....

getting on toward 30000 new case per day in Australia ( what are we aiming for 50000 ??)

Time a a G&T   or two       cheers and stay safe     Don

Don, caps on old son.

2073150271_th(5).jpg.b9a917336ccee1eded33c841b0f21b33.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

Surely the ship should be recalled to home port, she might end up like ye olde Mary Celeste, cruise to nowhere.

Today, on the O website, all January/February 2022 cruises on Insignia, Riviera and Marina have been waitlisted. Hawaii have advised port clearance but may require booster for passengers who debark. Must have had the booster 14 days before debarking, so are Oceania arranging boosters for non-boosted crew and passengers.

Deaths are falling in the UK despite a high infection rate as Omicron is less severe. I've seen a strong request worldwide for deaths to be reported rather than infections which would help with mass hysteria hyper sensitivity.