Has the new Omicron variant delay the restart of cruising?

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

As Les said    "Doom and Gloom reigneth."

With what is happening around us, I am now more concerned going out,, than any other time still it all started two years ago....

or should one not be concerned about what was is Omo,,, Oreo... Orion     the Big "O"

it should not kill you... just a cold......   just not sure.......   

and what is next ??   besides Martians... and the earth shattering Ka Boom

the only thing for sure is a vote of no confidants in the people on the hill...

Well at least Dan's is still open....

Don with coffee

I think all vulnerable people feel the same, Don.  Queensland is being inundated with positive covid cases.  This week, When I went to a bank at my local small shopping centre, there were no cars on the road, few cars in the carpark or nor people in the shopping centre.  Found out later there had been a positive case there.  Said I should have gone to another small local shopping centre with my bank.  Oh no, a positive person had been there also. 

19 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

As Les said    "Doom and Gloom reigneth."

With what is happening around us, I am now more concerned going out,, than any other time still it all started two years ago....

or should one not be concerned about what was is Omo,,, Oreo... Orion     the Big "O"

it should not kill you... just a cold......   just not sure.......   

and what is next ??   besides Martians... and the earth shattering Ka Boom

the only thing for sure is a vote of no confidants in the people on the hill...

Well at least Dan's is still open....

Don with coffee

Flurona - Flu + Covid, was in the news this week.

Also in the news yesterday- Coles to limit purchase of chicken, mince, other meats due to lack of re-stocking due to staff sick with Covid.  Certainly, the meat section was looking very empty at our big Coles last night.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Numbers will drop soon, it seems testing counts are not required anymore, even after a positive RAT test. Seems there is an election coming.

Authorities hamming that message home.  The flashing road signs that normally warn you of traffic issues, have been flashing PCR tests no longer required on the roads I have been driving on at night this week in Sydney.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Nearly 2 years ago, Trump said something along the lines of 'If you stop the testing, the numbers will drop', it seems this Government is taking the same route.

Maybe the Omicron variant is now so widespread there isn't much point in tracking and reporting infection numbers unless it is to scare people into getting vaccinated. Hospitalisation and ICU numbers are important because our health workers are becoming overwhelmed, particularly in NSW.

Before the Qld borders opened on 17th December, we had hardly any infections - two to eight a day and those were in quarantine. You might remember that Anna copped sh.. over the border closure. Now our latest figure is 6,781 new cases so the virus has spread through the community - thanks to interstate arrivals. We are having the same problem that has occurred in NSW and Vic - queues at testing centres, centres closing early because they are overwhelmed etc. Queensland had been vigilant on tracking the small number of infections to find possible contacts, but that has had to be abandoned because of the sheer number of infections. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Nearly 2 years ago, Trump said something along the lines of 'If you stop the testing, the numbers will drop', it seems this Government is taking the same route.

Yes I reckon our federal and state govts with the exception of WA have thrown the towel in, like USA/UK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Flurona - Flu + Covid, was in the news this week.

Also in the news yesterday- Coles to limit purchase of chicken, mince, other meats due to lack of re-stocking due to staff sick with Covid.  Certainly, the meat section was looking very empty at our big Coles last night.

I just got a home delivery order from Woolworths, a range of items short due to no stock, GF Bread, peaches, 1.5 lit spring water, lamb chops, fish, Bundaberg ginger beer.  Wanted 3 T bone steaks they could only send one. No worries I have 4 IGA's within 15 minutes drive of me, Batehaven, Surf Beach, Malua Bay and Tomakin, they will have what I missed out on.

Thank goodness they had my plonk..and...1496808827_th(3).jpg.a72fbfc50d29a6efa168c732074b1d89.jpg

th.jpg.8d3d7d7a48cc2aeed3de5cd8a7c512d3.jpgdownload.jpg.9f43905cd20005729c5f24a46fa79627.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Obilix said:

Anyway, to change the subject, and get away from politics and Covid, anyone for tennis?

Put me in the Aussie Open so I can win the Grand Slam, I don't need a visa, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Tennis..... it hardly seams long since the last Open....

Could be as the last year has had lots of groundhog days

RIght back to Tennis   ,, why is the court Blue ?? are they playing in the sky  ??

What happened to Green.....   has become out of fashion   or the reddy brown  ??

What Colour should Tennis court Be ????   

Tartan would be nice 

Don waiting for lunch.....    Ohhh I have to make it 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I just got a home delivery order from Woolworths, a range of items short due to no stock, GF Bread, peaches, 1.5 lit spring water, lamb chops, fish, Bundaberg ginger beer.  Wanted 3 T bone steaks they could only send one. No worries I have 4 IGA's within 15 minutes drive of me, Batehaven, Surf Beach, Malua Bay and Tomakin, they will have what I missed out on.

Thank goodness they had my plonk..and...1496808827_th(3).jpg.a72fbfc50d29a6efa168c732074b1d89.jpg

th.jpg.8d3d7d7a48cc2aeed3de5cd8a7c512d3.jpgdownload.jpg.9f43905cd20005729c5f24a46fa79627.jpg

Two Coles I visited were light on fresh produce, plus a few shelves were empty, yet a fruiterer nearby was fully stocked.  It has to be a distribution issue.  

• Like 2

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Two Coles I visited were light on fresh produce, plus a few shelves were empty, yet a fruiterer nearby was fully stocked.  It has to be a distribution issue.  

I am lucky to have two local IGAs close by.  I love their SA products, such as pure sparkling apple juice, which we had for Christmas.  IGA, which sponsors the Adelaide Show, supports local SA products.  We always come home with their bagels.

The IGA in the next suburb has been re-badged as a Happy Apple Green grocer.  They have stores in Ascot Vale and Seddon. Will have to have a sticky soon.

Going for a little walk so will check my local Coles to see what is going on there.

• Like 1

Coles was rather like shopping on Christmas Eve. Sparse fruit and veggies.  Got some (of the very few)  tomatoes, and the lad was just putting out lettuces. No red onions, no capsicums.

A little in the meat section, but there were hams and Turkish.

The pre-prepared meals were pretty much all gone.

Interestingly, the butcher opposite Coles in the arcade was also down on amount available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I am lucky to have two local IGAs close by.  I love their SA products, such as pure sparkling apple juice, which we had for Christmas.  IGA, which sponsors the Adelaide Show, supports local SA products.  We always come home with their bagels.

IGA is good. By shopping there we support locals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

It is. Our Coles had signs out saying there were distribution issues. Strangely 🙄 the things that were affected mostly were toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels. Meat supplies were low, especially things like sausages, mince and chicken. Strange! Al.ost like the earky days when the hoarders were on the loose! 🤣 Our greengrocer and butcher was fully stocked with everything. 😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Coles was rather like shopping on Christmas Eve. Sparse fruit and veggies.  Got some (of the very few)  tomatoes, and the lad was just putting out lettuces. No red onions, no capsicums.

A little in the meat section, but there were hams and Turkish.

The pre-prepared meals were pretty much all gone.

Interestingly, the butcher opposite Coles in the arcade was also down on amount available.

The Abbatoirs and slaughterhouses probably closed down for the festive season, hence the shortage.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Abbatoirs and salughterhouses probably closed down for the festive season, hence the shortage.

That may have contributed to the problem but another part is to do with the big distribution centres the supermarkets have and that's where some of the staff shortages are, plus there might be a shortage of drivers.

It was very noticeable at our Coles that the items that had very low or no stock were the cheaper cuts of meat, sausages, mince and chicken, just like the 2020 hoarding crisis.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Tennis..... it hardly seams long since the last Open....

Could be as the last year has had lots of groundhog days

RIght back to Tennis   ,, why is the court Blue ?? are they playing in the sky  ??

What happened to Green.....   has become out of fashion   or the reddy brown  ??

What Colour should Tennis court Be ????   

Tartan would be nice 

Don waiting for lunch.....    Ohhh I have to make it 

Every one knows that down south they play bluegrass.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They had Easter eggs at my Coles supermarket this morning.  The TP area was depleted with machines cleaning the floor where the pallets had previously been placed.  Nearly got bowled over by one of them.  Plenty of fruit & veg but not much meat in the fridges and with signs saying only 2 of any meat item per customer.

1 hour ago, LC1950 said:

They had Easter eggs at my Coles supermarket this morning.  The TP area was depleted with machines cleaning the floor where the pallets had previously been placed.  Nearly got bowled over by one of them.  Plenty of fruit & veg but not much meat in the fridges and with signs saying only 2 of any meat item per customer.

One can''t live on Easter eggs......Things were OK yesterday down here..... but we will wait and see.... could you imagine if it was only 2 pieces like 2 sausages.... I am wondering about bulk paks......

Did drop into Coles yesterday to get Filo Pastry and Frozen Raw Prawns ( as woolies don't have them ) to go with the salmon, for dinner on Friday night..... anyway it was the last packet of Frozen Prawns Cook or Raw with or without tails....  What the....

Cheers Don...

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

One can''t live on Easter eggs......Things were OK yesterday down here..... but we will wait and see.... could you imagine if it was only 2 pieces like 2 sausages.... I am wondering about bulk paks......

Did drop into Coles yesterday to get Filo Pastry and Frozen Raw Prawns ( as woolies don't have them ) to go with the salmon, for dinner on Friday night..... anyway it was the last packet of Frozen Prawns Cook or Raw with or without tails....  What the....

Cheers Don...

If you have any leftovers from tonights dinner, would you please drop them off at Park Hotel, Carlton, Vic?  Some bloke in there complaining about the pies.lol.

Many years ago that hotel was a Rydges, we stayed there on a trip to Melbourne. It was 4 star then and good tucker, sounds like 2 star now.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1