Say It Ain't So! They've Changed Guy's Fries!

brilliantseas

Currently onboard Carnival Legend and I am sad to report that Carnival has done away with Guy's Fries! At least the fresh-cut French fries that they used to serve. I had heard rumors of the change being made on the Mardi Gras, but it appears as if it is spreading fleet-wide. 

The new fries are a frozen, skin-on fry with a slightly spicy seasoning. Sadly, they are far inferior to the fresh-cut fries that Guy's Burgers used to serve. 

Who wants to start the petition and flood John Heald's inbox with "Bring Back Guy's Fries" emails? 

20211205_151433.jpg

• Like 2

I was never a big fan of their fries anyway.  I like the burgers OK and sure, I always ate a few fries, but to tell the truth I liked the burgers, fries, hot dogs, and chicken on the old grills a little better.  Not to say I won't be wolfing down a Guy's burger on the Glory next Sunday 😁

John

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brilliantseas said:

Currently onboard Carnival Legend and I am sad to report that Carnival has done away with Guy's Fries! At least the fresh-cut French fries that they used to serve. 20211205_151433.jpg

I don't see any difference. Hopefully other members will soon comment in regards to appearance, taste & what they've heard to confirm if this is a rumor or not.

6a4c1addc19730b261ab3a3bf82a077e.jpg

🍟 🍔 🍟

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

I don't see any difference. Hopefully other members will soon comment in regards to appearance, taste & what they've heard to confirm if this is a rumor or not.

6a4c1addc19730b261ab3a3bf82a077e.jpg

🍟 🍔 🍟

Here is a photo of what they used to look like. Small difference in appearance, but a big difference in taste and texture. The fresh-cut fries have a soft texture and bend easily.

The new ones are frozen and have a crispy exterior. The closest thing I can compare them to is the old skin-on fries from Wendy's, and that isn't a good thing. 

6a4c1addc19730b261ab3a3bf82a077e.thumb.jpg.b08bdb0c842bc2dd962f46c7515f1123.jpg

I hope this isn't true as I was on the Horizon in October and they were the originals.  I will definitely notice a difference if there is one on the Dream in January and I'll definitely be letting Carnival know as I like the fries almost as much as the burgers!

I realize handmade fries take more labor but no need to skimp on such a simple item!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nicnic96 said:

I hope this isn't true as I was on the Horizon in October and they were the originals.  I will definitely notice a difference if there is one on the Dream in January and I'll definitely be letting Carnival know as I like the fries almost as much as the burgers!

I realize handmade fries take more labor but no need to skimp on such a simple item!

I'll take the (old) fries over the burgers any day! 

• Like 3

Yeah, now that you mention it, I thought they were smaller and skinnier, but they still tasted great to me! I had 3 burgers while on the Legend a couple weeks ago, and that's 2 more than any other cruise.  Our disembarkment was so delayed that the captain allowed for 3 food venues to open for lunch.  Guy's burger (no bun) and fries for me!

image.png.67349977cb84eca03abfb8341bc45e77.png

Guest BasicSailor
22 minutes ago, happywife0921 said:

Just off the Valor for Thanksgiving and I knew I noticed there was something different about the fries, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

🙃😁

OIP.jpg

finger fry.jpg

10 hours ago, happywife0921 said:

Just off the Valor for Thanksgiving and I knew I noticed there was something different about the fries, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

Same here. Knew they were different but until this thread didn't really realize how. We eat at Guy's more for the burgers anyway and try to minimize the fry consumption.

• Like 1

Was on the Freedom for Thanksgiving. The fries were as I remember them. The Deli's new menu has fries and they are much better than Guy's in my opinion.

Deli's fries with Guy's seasoning is really all Carnival needs to do in my opinion. But I do appreciate their desire for each venue to have a distinct menu. Otherwise things get repetitive for some people after a few days.

• Like 1