Recent B2B cruisers

1 hour ago, Conductorcruzer said:

Have done many B2B cruises and familiar with the procedures. Wondered if any changes in place now. Do you still re-board right after going through customs in the terminal? Are you able to have access to your stateroom right away? Lunch in the MDR? TIA

There are a few changes that we've experienced post restart (at least on our Allure B2B). We completed all of the health checks, got our new seapass cards, and did the muster drill in the Theatre before we exited the ship to go through customs. We then sat in the terminal for about 15 minutes until all of the departing passengers were off the ship. Due to the CDC's cleaning/sanitizing protocols, we were not free to roam the ship when we re-boarded, but were herded into the WJ to wait until the sanitizing process was complete. We were offered lunch in the WJ. We didn't get "released" until about 45 minutes after we re-boarded, and then we were allowed to go back to our cabins or the pool deck and asked to avoid indoor public areas.

Edited by orville99

I just did a b2b on the Adventure in November.  Same scenario as posted except for the Windjammer and sanitizing.  We weren't allowed in our cabins until 2pm.  We just went up to secluded area on top deck and relaxed with our phones and tablets.  We had a breakfast that am in MDR.  We went to Windjammer I believe around noon then back up to our nook outside. 

1 hour ago, swsf99a said:

About what time were you “released”?  Was this before the next group started boarding the ship? Just wondering, so we can make specialty dining reservations, etc. before the ship gets full.

thanks for a reply!!

People started wandering away from the WJ around 11:30 when the WJ staff finished setting out the lunch items. We just decided to use the restrooms and never came back.

Was one of the worst B2B procedures I have ever seen here on Harmony last Sunday! 

Meeting at the theater at 9:15 as requested, standing in long line to get our new cards, vax bands, was OK at first.   They had to take pictures of our Vax cards, and show passport (make sure you bring those).  Then we sat to wait in theater until we were herded (and I mean that term due to over 300 of us), into the walkway in the terminal.  Then we all stood in line for 20 minutes or more before getting going downstairs into the terminal. 

Once into terminal, did the photo recognition, then herded over to stand in another line to get back onto the ship.   That line was over a half hour.  We were supposed to be herded back into theater while they fumigated the Promenade we had passed through.  Apparently they decided to make us wait standing in line in the terminal instead.  

Whole thing was over 2 hours, of mostly standing in line.   Pax that have trouble standing for long periods won't be happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Was one of the worst B2B procedures I have ever seen here on Harmony last Sunday! 

Meeting at the theater at 9:15 as requested, standing in long line to get our new cards, vax bands, was OK at first.   They had to take pictures of our Vax cards, and show passport (make sure you bring those).  Then we sat to wait in theater until we were herded (and I mean that term due to over 300 of us), into the walkway in the terminal.  Then we all stood in line for 20 minutes or more before getting going downstairs into the terminal. 

Once into terminal, did the photo recognition, then herded over to stand in another line to get back onto the ship.   That line was over a half hour.  We were supposed to be herded back into theater while they fumigated the Promenade we had passed through.  Apparently they decided to make us wait standing in line in the terminal instead.  

Whole thing was over 2 hours, of mostly standing in line.   Pax that have trouble standing for long periods won't be happy.  

That sounds horrible.  Nothing like I heard from others.  That is a lot of b2b people.  I think the most we had was just under 100.

Did they have the b2b lunch?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds horrible.  Nothing like I heard from others.  That is a lot of b2b people.  I think the most we had was just under 100.

Did they have the b2b lunch?

Supposedly was  to be in the Solarium cafe right after customs scan, then free to go with rooms ready by 11 am for B2B pax... but with all the delays and standing in line...they told us we were free to go as soon as we entered the ship.  It was well after 11 by then.  

We went back to the cabin, then into CK for lunch at 11:30.

New check ins...(we were towards the end of the B2B line) were coming in right after us.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

We just did a B2B on the Explorer of the Seas.  Had to signup and get tested Saturday mourning...Long lines due to lots of people not registering and slowing the check-in process but we got there early...Had test results with 30 minutes.  All B2B cruisers met in the star lounge and sat a table.  Different Royal personnel came around to each table to take pictures, issue new cards, etc.  When everyone was done, we walked by the two Custom individuals in the lounge who looked at our passports.  We then had our new cards scanned...Checking us in for the second cruise and we were free to roam the ship.  The whole process took a little bit over an hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We just did a B2B on the Explorer of the Seas.  Had to signup and get tested Saturday mourning...Long lines due to lots of people not registering and slowing the check-in process but we got there early...Had test results with 30 minutes.  All B2B cruisers met in the star lounge and sat a table.  Different Royal personnel came around to each table to take pictures, issue new cards, etc.  When everyone was done, we walked by the two Custom individuals in the lounge who looked at our passports.  We then had our new cards scanned...Checking us in for the second cruise and we were free to roam the ship.  The whole process took a little bit over an hour.

IMO, those people should have been removed from the line and made to wait until all of those that did register proceeded on with the TAD process. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

IMO, those people should have been removed from the line and made to wait until all of those that did register proceeded on with the TAD process. 

I couldn't get the Royal app to load, thus could not register on it.   Was simple, however, to go down to GS desk.  Agent registered us both...took 5 minutes, gave us the paperwork.  

Really no excuse not to register as they asked you to do.  

Agree...those should have been removed from the line.   

We had no line at all.  We showed up 10 minutes early, found they were already running pax through testing.  In and out...easy peasy...(once we figured our where the testing was taking place). 

Though it was totally wrong info for location on instruction sheet.  They listed meeting at entrance to Icon dining room on deck 3 port side...was actually all the way forward on deck three, starboard side.  We, and others...got in line we thought for was testing.  It was for breakfast.....tasting yes...testing no.  😣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I couldn't get the Royal app to load, thus could not register on it.   Was simple, however, to go down to GS desk.  Agent registered us both...took 5 minutes, gave us the paperwork.  

We would have done exactly as you did, ask. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yep not fun. Stood in a line three times. My knee has improved so I was able to do it but shouldn't have had to.  They'd tell us one thing and do another. None of it was correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

Yep not fun. Stood in a line three times. My knee has improved so I was able to do it but shouldn't have had to.  They'd tell us one thing and do another. None of it was correct.

Totally agree.   Since this  new post Covid for them...and with so many of us during turnaround day...really needed to have a crew member come through the procedure with us.  And I am not talking about a low ranking one.  

Only until they experience it themselves......will they understand.  

Time to tighten up RCI....these are your loyal cruisers!!  😮 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.   Since this  new post Covid for them...and with so many of us during turnaround day...really needed to have a crew member come through the procedure with us.  And I am not talking about a low ranking one.  

Only until they experience it themselves......will they understand.  

Time to tighten up RCI....these are your loyal cruisers!!  😮 

I hope you (no doubt you will) and others that are experiencing these issues will make them known on your PCS. I would have no problem being the squeaky wheel. 

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

I hope you (no doubt you will) and others that are experiencing these issues will make them known on your PCS. I would have no problem being the squeaky wheel. 

Oh yes...this squeaky wheel....she does not carry WD 40.  😄 

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, davekathy said:

They had it fixed the next week...One line for registered cruisers and one for not registered.  

• Thanks 1

You would think that the Cruise lines would have this down pat! They do it every cruise. 

Our B2B experience on NCL this month was no different. We had to go to Guest Relations Saturday morning and get our new cruise card.

Then go to a meeting place. Sit around. Then went to exit the ship. We didn't. Just stood around by the entrance to the ship. Hour later went through to have card scanned. 

Never had to show passport, vaccine card, etc. Why would they need to retake pics of that again? 

Got our C19 test Friday on ship from 9 to 4. No line, etc.

So, moral of the story. 

Shouldn't all cruise lines follow the same procedures? Especially if we are in the US.

Stay Safe! 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:14 AM, island lady said:

It went a lot smoother the week before.  It did take some time to check everyone in.  When we reboarded the ship, we had to wait about 45 minutes in the theater while they fogged the Prominade.  Overall, it was better than some we had done pre-covid.  

11 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

It went a lot smoother the week before.  It did take some time to check everyone in.  When we reboarded the ship, we had to wait about 45 minutes in the theater while they fogged the Prominade.  Overall, it was better than some we had done pre-covid.  

That was the biggest problem.  We were told we were going to be ushered back to the theater while they fogged for bugs....instead they made us wait for over half hour or more standing in line inside the terminal at baggage claim.  

Really lame.