P & O Terms and Conditions

bobstheboy

It is widely reported on social media that if you have a cruise stopping in Spain, you can change to another cruise, as long as it's in 2022, this applys even if you have paid your balance. There are a few people reporting this so they can't all be lying.

If this is true, P&O should change their protocols on their web site so everyone knows, not just the few through social media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

It is widely reported on social media that if you have a cruise stopping in Spain, you can change to another cruise, as long as it's in 2022, this applys even if you have paid your balance. There are a few people reporting this so they can't all be lying.

If this is true, P&O should change their protocols on their web site so everyone knows, not just the few through social media.

Unless it’s on P&O’s social media feed I would treat this with a very large pinch of salt. I’m sure people aren’t lying, but they are probably just repeating what others have said. If it affects you I would suggest you contact P&O direct.

Les.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Can I ask what reason is being given for this possible change in policy ? I can understand how the new Spanish vaccination requirements affect those travelling with children, but for everyone else who is fully vaccinated,  Spain is fully open. 

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks bobstheboy. I'm due to Xmas cruise this Friday on Ventura. Given the option, I think I'd rebook another cruise for sometime later.

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Can I ask what reason is being given for this possible change in policy ? I can understand how the new Spanish vaccination requirements affect those travelling with children, but for everyone else who is fully vaccinated,  Spain is fully open. 

If P&O have changed their policy, perhaps they are reacting to customer jitters.

i mean, have you watched the news in the last few days ? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

If P&O have changed their policy, perhaps they are reacting to customer jitters.

i mean, have you watched the news in the last few days ? 

Yes, but why should it be possible to cancel a cruise visiting Spain, but not, say Holland ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Is it a case of "send 3s &4d I am going to France".

Well, if it was spoken messages, maybe. These are written comments and I have PM'd a couple of people and got the same answer, they changed a cruise after paying the final balance. Having said that one or two others have said P&O wouldn't play ball. Nothing in writing, so how are they deciding who gets preferential treatment  ?

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

My friend has moved her cruise from next weekend to July.

I'm going to see if P&O make any announcement on Monday, then decide about my Xmas cruise.

I tend to think that rebooking is the sensible thing to do. But we've been looking forward to having a different Xmas for ages - but don't want to be shut in a cabin for the duration due to a COVID outbreak.

We were booked on Iona leaving today but were considering cancelling (and losing money) as nobody could tell us what happened on arrival to UK if the test for re-entry was positive as fearful that it could be the dreaded hotel quarantine for 10 days - hence over Christmas at considerable personal expense (4k!) and not covered by travel insurance.

Spoke to P&O on Thursday to discuss and very pleasantly surprised that they allowed us to transfer to an alternative cruise in 2022. This was not an FCC however and we had to pick a specific cruise to move to.

Nonetheless very generous I thought so hats off to P&O. This may be the subject of the rumoured announcement on Monday

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Padre said:

I'm going to see if P&O make any announcement on Monday, then decide about my Xmas cruise.

I tend to think that rebooking is the sensible thing to do. But we've been looking forward to having a different Xmas for ages - but don't want to be shut in a cabin for the duration due to a COVID outbreak.

We feel the same, one minute I am so excited and the next I am filled with dread.  I sort of wish they would cancel it and take the decision from me x

• Like 2

I suspect that if this is the case then P&O are allowing peple to move cruises going to Spain due to the insistence that covid positive passengers are removed from the ship and put inot quarantine on land. I am on a Cunard cruise to the Canaries in early January and I am getting very concerned this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I suspect that if this is the case then P&O are allowing peple to move cruises going to Spain due to the insistence that covid positive passengers are removed from the ship and put inot quarantine on land. I am on a Cunard cruise to the Canaries in early January and I am getting very concerned this.

Or, as I mentioned earlier,  because children are not allowed off the ship unless they have been doubke vaccinated. 

I understand the an announcement may be made as early as tomorrow but was led to believe it was not necessarily tomorrow hence why I've been quiet on this until now.

I am expecting a wide-ranging update shortly and don't know the specifics but P&O need to shortly announce:

- Vaccine (or not) policy post 31 March 2022.

- Updates based upon Omicron variant.

- Changing rules in Spain (and other countries) which restrict disembarkation.