30 days to receive fcc?

Traveller26

We've had to cancel our January 2nd sailing and apply for fcc which I'm informed we should receive within 30 days.
Has anyone cancelled recently and can tell me if it in fact 30 days or longer? Looking to re-book for February or March.
Thanks 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Traveller26 said:

We've had to cancel our January 2nd sailing and apply for fcc which I'm informed we should receive within 30 days.
Has anyone cancelled recently and can tell me if it in fact 30 days or longer? Looking to re-book for February or March.
Thanks 🙂 

We cancelled our January 4th sailing and were told 45-60 business days by a rep on the phone with Celebrity.

35 minutes ago, gordylad said:

30 days I don't think so...........

Agree-we haven't yet received the FCC for the deposit on a cruise that was cancelled on Nov. 5th. TA told us 30-45 days for processing. I will be contacting him after first of year if not received by then.

Edited by MarKay525

These waits are so disappointing…we are booked on the 2/6/22 Edge and are getting concerned..if we cancel it seems like we will not be able to use that credit for awhile. I guess we will be looking at an alternative vacation for March if things improve then instead of laying our more money to Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, Traveller26 said:

Thanks 🙂 

My TA simply rebooked almost immediately when X cancelled one of our cruises.  Our other 5 FCCs and assorted refunds for taxes etc took anywhere from 60 days to almost 10 months.  

I keep hearing this information on FB and CC.  Do you have to have the official FCC before you can apply it to other cruises, or just to "book" another cruise?  I would appreciate some clarification, please.

Many thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I keep hearing this information on FB and CC.  Do you have to have the official FCC before you can apply it to other cruises, or just to "book" another cruise?  I would appreciate some clarification, please.

Many thanks in advance!

You need the FCC to apply the full amount.   You can book a cruise and pay the deposit.  Once you receive the FCC you can have it applied to your existing reservation or if outside final payment you could book the same cruise and cancel your existing reservation and get a refund of your deposit.   I had to do this on a cruise where all suites were booked and one popped up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled my January 4 cruise last Monday but it still shows up on my online account and in the X app. I'm also getting emails about getting ready to board and urging me to pre-purchase shorex's specialty dining, etc. Celebrity told my TA this morning not to worry about it still showing up as it takes 30-45 days to process the cruise with confidence cancellation. I really don't care when I get the FCC since I'm not planning anything until late 2022 or 2023 but just want to make sure the cruise is cancelled. Should I be concerned or is this "normal"?

17 hours ago, twincheryl said:

We cancelled our January 4th sailing and were told 45-60 business days by a rep on the phone with Celebrity.

We cancelled on 12/17 and just got a refund to our credit card for the amount of the port fees, taxes, etc.  Figured that would just go into the FCC.  Anyone else with this experience?

Booklady, sounds like you may have the concern that I mentioned. If you don't apply your FCC by  May 30, '22, according to CWC you will not be able to apply it at all. So I assume we all lose it if we are not able to apply by May 30 next year. That is the deadline given in the CWC rules. . Twincheryl, that is how we received a prior FCC. I believe taxes and port fees are always reimbursed. It is the cruise fare only that is FCC. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

We cancelled on 12/17 and just got a refund to our credit card for the amount of the port fees, taxes, etc.  Figured that would just go into the FCC.  Anyone else with this experience?

We just cancelled a January 3 cruise, and our t/a said the port fees and taxes would show up on our credit card in about a week, and the FCCs for the rest of the amount are running 45-60 days right now.  With all the cancellations this week, that may stretch out even longer, who knows.  

It can easily take more than thirty days. We canceled a fully paid cruise back in August and rebooked a cruise for May 2022. Our X Cruise Consultant rebooked the new cruise and noted that the FCC would be applied towards this cruise. She stayed on top of it until X issued the FCC of which she had to make phone calls to get done. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, booklady26 said:

I cancelled my January 4 cruise last Monday but it still shows up on my online account and in the X app. I'm also getting emails about getting ready to board and urging me to pre-purchase shorex's specialty dining, etc. Celebrity told my TA this morning not to worry about it still showing up as it takes 30-45 days to process the cruise with confidence cancellation. I really don't care when I get the FCC since I'm not planning anything until late 2022 or 2023 but just want to make sure the cruise is cancelled. Should I be concerned or is this "normal"?

When we cancelled back to back cruises...last week...they disappeared from my cruise page on X website immediately.  One cruise payment and deposit was transferred to a newly booked cruise.  The other cruise had only a deposit on it which was to be refunded ;  showed up today on our Visa.  We cancelled with X rep not a TA...that might make a difference........perhaps has to go through a round about process?

2 hours ago, booklady26 said:

FCC is vaild thru 12/31/2022 or one year after date of canceled cruise, whichever is later. So, your FCC for canceled 1/4/2022 cruise must be used by 1/4/2023.

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't hold your breath.    I have never received one withing 30 days.   One took over 6 months and escalation to finally be issued.

That is my concern with my Galapagos cruise.  If I have to wait months for my FCC, I will not be able to use it on my b2b/TA booking and the rest on a holiday cruise for next year.  Yes, I can cruise anytime, but my year is planned pretty much in advance for 2022.  Galapagos has to be paid for much earlier than usual.

Thanks for all of your information!