U.S. issues 'Do Not Travel' warning for Canada

xcell

I'm surprised that this wasn't accompanied by a ban on non-essential travel to the US by Canadians. Or maybe not, as they can continue to benefit from Canadian tourism to the US while discouraging US tourism dollars heading north.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm surprised that this wasn't accompanied by a ban on non-essential travel to the US by Canadians. Or maybe not, as they can continue to benefit from Canadian tourism to the US while discouraging US tourism dollars heading north.

Won’t likely have much impact until the summer months anyway 

38 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Slow news day today maybe?  Not sure how many Americans will be thinking, oh WOW, a CDC Level 4 advisory, best change our plans (tongue fully in cheek here of course).

It amuses me every time an American says another country is level 4, when the USA has always been level 4.

Edited by cruiseamm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Since the warnings are based on cases to population was sort of expecting this to happen.  My concern is if our #'s continue to rise whether the Feds will shut the border again.  I think the #'s will need to rise significantly before that happens on either side though.  Appears as if the provinces are preparing to open the schools again so that could be an indicator cases may be getting close to peaking, just an uneducated guess on my part though.  Have to sit tight on the never ending roller coaster of COVID once again until things settles down.  As usual wait a day or two and it will all change again, hopefully in a good direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALD18 said:

Since the warnings are based on cases to population was sort of expecting this to happen.  

Well given Ontario has stopped testing most everyone, and you can't report your home test result, even if you could get one, we'll have no cases and be down to level 1 in no time flat!
if you don't test you don't have cases! 
🤣🤣🤪🤪🙄🙄

What a s@@@show. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

What a joke! But hey, CDC, thanks for now saying that Canada is just as "dangerous" as going on a cruise. If I'm going to be living in a danger zone for a week, it might as well be on a cruise rather than here in chilly Ontario. See you January 30th, Celebrity Edge!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's rich coming from them. On the news this morning the Americans broke a world record of 1.3 million new cases in 24 hours. There is no way in hell I'll be going any where in the US until their numbers come way down.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have a pacific coastal cruise in May. San Diego to Vancouver. I think we will need a PCR test before debarking in Vancouver. I can’t imagine Celebrity testing everyone onboard. 
final payment is coming up soon. Sure hope this cruise isn’t canceled. Cheers 

17 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I have a pacific coastal cruise in May. San Diego to Vancouver. I think we will need a PCR test before debarking in Vancouver. I can’t imagine Celebrity testing everyone onboard. 

As I said in another thread yesterday, the Canadian government is working with the cruise lines to address such issues. Hopefully a solution will be found soon and you'll be able to enjoy your cruise.

10 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Well given Ontario has stopped testing most everyone, and you can't report your home test result, even if you could get one, we'll have no cases and be down to level 1 in no time flat!
if you don't test you don't have cases! 
🤣🤣🤪🤪🙄🙄

What a s@@@show. 

It’s that way across the entire country at this point, not just Ontario.

Edited by A&L_Ont

40 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I would not be worried until much closer to cruise date.  

The government in Canada is more worried about the number of people in hospital and medical capacity.  With the high vaccination rate, we have been seeing more people get COVID but the number admitted into hospital has not be going up at the same rate. 

When May comes around we may well be in a much better situation and some of these required may be reduced.  It is just very hard to make any predictions just now.  

• Like 1