Labadee opening soon?

HicksRA

I just saw a post on the site that cannot be mentioned with pictures of a very clean looking Labadee saying that it’s not overrun by locals and Royal is trying to hire employees back with an intended stop by January 27th. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I just saw a post on the site that cannot be mentioned with pictures of a very clean looking Labadee saying that it’s not overrun by locals and Royal is trying to hire employees back with an intended stop by January 27th. 

Would love if that were true but not holding my breath. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just looked at the official C&A page and there is no post about Labadee.

Hi @Merion_MomIt's actually posted in a private Royal C&A Group.  It has nearly as many members as people who follow the official page.  Oh, and the official  C&A page is one of the group admins. 

Edited by rockmom

2 minutes ago, BDsquared said:

I saw that post as well. It says a test cruise will be there at the end of January. 

I know Royal would be happy if they could start using that port again.  I'm scheduled there in March on my Symphony sailing and would be happy with still having it as one of my port stops.  

• Like 1

I don't know how I'd feel about going to Labadee right now.  While I know the area is patrolled/guarded by locals that RCI pays, there's always the backdrop of the volatility of the government there.  None of our 5 booked cruises for 2022 have Labadee as a port stop so something I don't have to think about right now.  I won't believe it until there is an official announcement or actual port call there.  Too much can change very quickly.

27 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't know how I'd feel about going to Labadee right now.  While I know the area is patrolled/guarded by locals that RCI pays, there's always the backdrop of the volatility of the government there.  None of our 5 booked cruises for 2022 have Labadee as a port stop so something I don't have to think about right now.  I won't believe it until there is an official announcement or actual port call there.  Too much can change very quickly.

I live across the river from Portland, Oregon. At this point I'd feel safer at Labadee than venturing into downtown Portland.  Sad but true.  

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The social media post says Test cruise is 1/27 and will be on the Harmony. Can anyone currently on the Harmony try to check this out???  

I’ll be on Harmony for the next two weeks (Lord willing). 
Will definitely report if we stop there. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ll be on Harmony for the next two weeks (Lord willing). 
Will definitely report if we stop there. 

Great! I am on Oasis for Valentine's Day cruise, and Labadee is still listed for us. I did not buy any shore excursions because I thought for sure that Labadee would be cancelled. 

Edited by sandebeach

17 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I wouldn't get off the ship if it did. 

• Like 1

Wait and see at this point. Saw a post on social media from a guy that apparently  works there not too long ago on 1/11 showing the beaches and some structures in  the background in good condition. We can only speculate now as Royal has been strangely silent on this destination since they stopped ship calls there a couple of years ago.

Edited by coaster

I can perhaps see the importance of Royal wanting to get Labadee up and running ASAP with the current issue of so many destinations in the eastern Caribbean being denied entry. At least they’d have another guaranteed port stop besides Coco Cay. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sandebeach said:

The social media post says Test cruise is 1/27 and will be on the Harmony. Can anyone currently on the Harmony try to check this out???  

Oh that is exciting!  I will be on that sailing.  Would love to have this as a beach day and a stop we could count on.