The Daily for Sunday 01/16/2022

richwmn

5 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Enjoy your Sunday.

The festivities for World Snow Day are forecast to begin around noon here.  🌨️ ❄️

@grapau27 Thank you for this weeks sermon. His delivery is so soothing to listen to during these times.

Stay safe, and drive carefully today and tomorrow for those in the path of the storm.

- Jack

Thank you Jack.

Father David has been our vicar for nearly 20 years and all the congregation love him.

Graham.

• Like 20

Good morning Rich:

Thanks for the Daily Fleet report.   Many a Friday my mother made Tuna noodle Casserole on Friday. I was not a big fish eater but would eat the casserole.   Have a great Day and thanks for all you do for this thread

• Like 16

To Kazu:  Sometimes life gives us lemons.  Now life has  given you a whole lemon tree.  I'm so sorry.  God be with you.  My prayers are added to all of the others going your way from all of us here.

Charles

• Like 25

Good morning  to everyone. It is cold right now but expected to get  warmer. I hope that means the precipitation  this evening will be rain instead of ice and snow.

I will celebrate  Dragons and Snow but I am glad that I no longer have to drive to work in it.My childhood,like Debbie's @dfish,involved fish sticks or tuna casserole  on Fridays also. I will come up with something  else today.

Yesterday  Tana's  son was allowed a short visit with his mom.They are being very kind to look the other way and sneak him in.He told us at dinner that she was complaining  about the state of  her hair  and we all decided that it was a good sign.She remains  in the ICU  but will hopefully  be moved to a step down unit thus week.

I found a dragon one if the dogs placed on the couch.

Terry

20220116_084547.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. Interesting collection of days, but I’m not sure I can appreciate dragons except for the ones I’ve seen in the New York Museum of Natural History. There is never a nothing day here. It’s 10 degrees here now at 9am and I’ve never seen that number because we usually spend the winter in Florida. We’re getting a nor Easter but no one can tell us if it’s going to be rain or snow.

There is so much going on here with Sam’s aide that I can’t even write about it. His mother is fine as I predicted she would be but he is a drill Sargent who belongs in the army and not taking care of a recovering stroke patient. Yesterday he yelled at Sam for dropping some papers he was painting on and told me if I picked them up for him I was encouraging his bad behavior as though Sam was a child dropping his bottle for the fun of seeing what would happen. I’m calling several different agencies Tuesday because somewhere there has to be someone supportive and caring. I’m told it’s very hard to get good help because they aren’t working . My daughter is coming over today to try to straighten things out.

Stay warm and safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 14
  • Thanks 18

Good morning friends!  It's around 34 degrees and raining so we could switch to rain/snow mix at any moment.  Ironic that it's World Snow Day, isn't it?  I would love to do nothing today, but it's Sunday so we are changing sheets and laundering the set removed.  That's all I plan to do all day long.  Doubt if I'll see any dragons to appreciate today.  I like the quote a lot. Like Roy I've only been to Agadir and Casablanca, so can't show any Tangier photos.  It was listed on Dec. 23 in case anyone wants to check there. 

Quite a selection of tuna casserole recipes Debbie.  I've learned a shortcut instead of baking a casserole.  Instead of cream of mushroom soup I've used cream of celery soup with some milk, a few breadcrumbs, the can of drained tuna, some peas, salt and pepper.  Add cooked egg noodles (drained,course)  to the saucepan of soup mix and heat.  Voila.  A nice tuna dish in a short time.  The low cal black bean brownies is an interesting recipe, @aliaschief.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Much appreciation to Rich for the Daily and Roy for the lists today.  Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with our dear friend and contributor Jacqui and Jose, Marley and Miko.  These are very tough times and we wish there was more we could do, but prayers and moral support will be it for now.  Prayers for all on the Care list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy times.  @Seasick Sailorsafe travels to you and Allen.  I hope all is well at home.  Have a warm, snuggly day everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Today is International snow day and it's forecast here this afternoon.  It seems appropriate that today's sunrise is from the 2016 Queen Victoria transatlantic that saved me from flying from Baltimore to a bucket list cruise on the day of one of our worst snowstorms in history.  January 16, 2016 was a sea day between Puerto Delgado and Port Canaveral:

dawn0116.jpg

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Interesting collection of days, but I’m not sure I can appreciate dragons except for the ones I’ve seen in the New York Museum of Natural History. There is never a nothing day here. It’s 10 degrees here now at 9am and I’ve never seen that number because we usually spend the winter in Florida. We’re getting a nor Easter but no one can tell us if it’s going to be rain or snow.

There is so much going on here with Sam’s aide that I can’t even write about it. His mother is fine as I predicted she would be but he is a drill Sargent who belongs in the army and not taking care of a recovering stroke patient. Yesterday he yelled at Sam for dropping some papers he was painting on and told me if I picked them up for him I was encouraging his bad behavior as though Sam was a child dropping his bottle for the fun of seeing what would happen. I’m calling several different agencies Tuesday because somewhere there has to be someone supportive and caring. I’m told it’s very hard to get good help because they aren’t working . My daughter is coming over today to try to straighten things out.

Stay warm and safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear that this aide is acting up now too.  That is such a shame that they can't find any compassionate caregivers to send you. 

I know at the end my DMIL had some lovely people caring for her in her nursing facility.  They knew she liked Elvis back in the day and would leave their phones on her nightstand playing Elvis music for her to listen to.  Brings a tear to my eye thinking of how much she would have loved that.  

I hope your daughter can straighten out that drill sergeant!!

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I doubt that many people will be able to see the nice picture.  Cruise Critic will automatically convert a jpg to a photo if the link starts with https.  I think if there's a danger the https will not load so I'm just adding an s to your link:

funny-picture-snow-cat-winter-white.jpg

It's a trick I learned the hard way posting photos from my few blogspot blogs.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Rich and Roy and all who keep the list with interesting things to share. Reading the posts is better than watching the Weather Channel 😀. I’m following the snow or rain up the coast while watching for it to start here in DC. 18F now but will be above freezing after sunset so most likely any snow that falls will be washed away quickly. Stay safe. 

• Like 24

Good morning, everyone!

Nice set of days, IMHO.

When I think of dragons, I think of the song Puff the Magic Dragon too. At my college graduation, Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul & Mary) was our keynote speaker. He had the whole audience singing the song as part of his speech. It was delightful and was a nice addition to a somewhat boring event, as many of you know graduation ceremonies can be. Very nice memory. We still talk about it.

My continued thanks to all of you, especially @richwmn and @rafinmd for their daily lists. I thoroughly enjoy reading all of the contributions, greetings and knowledge on this thread. I read it daily.

@kazuyou are in my prayers.

I also pray daily for all those who are struggling and for those who are not. We can all use prayers.

Everyone who is on the path of the storm stay safe please.

Take care everyone and stay safe. 😇

• Like 26

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I doubt that many people will be able to see the nice picture.  Cruise Critic will automatically convert a jpg to a photo if the link starts with https.  I think if there's a danger the https will not load so I'm just adding an s to your link:

funny-picture-snow-cat-winter-white.jpg

It's a trick I learned the hard way posting photos from my few blogspot blogs.

Roy

It came through perfectly @rafinmd . Thanks 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

541799.jpeg

How did you know?   This is definitely me.

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Quite a selection of tuna casserole recipes Debbie.  I've learned a shortcut instead of baking a casserole.  Instead of cream of mushroom soup I've used cream of celery soup with some milk, a few breadcrumbs, the can of drained tuna, some peas, salt and pepper.  Add cooked egg noodles (drained,course)  to the saucepan of soup mix and heat.  Voila.  A nice tuna dish in a short time.  The low cal black bean brownies is an interesting recipe, @aliaschief.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I've taken that shortcut a few times.  My mom could never get away with it because we all fought over who got the crispy crunches on the top.  You need the oven for that!

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear that this aide is acting up now too.  That is such a shame that they can't find any compassionate caregivers to send you. 

I know at the end my DMIL had some lovely people caring for her in her nursing facility.  They knew she liked Elvis back in the day and would leave their phones on her nightstand playing Elvis music for her to listen to.  Brings a tear to my eye thinking of how much she would have loved that.  

I hope your daughter can straighten out that drill sergeant!!

Thank you. I’m finding it very difficult to cope with these aides. The one we really liked went back to Ghana the end of September to bury her father and since then we’ve had nothing but difficult people. It’s hard enough having a stranger living in your home, but their lack of compassion and training is astonishing. I’m not sure how much longer I can cope with the situation. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 15

OK, I'm done posting the celebrated days.....Where's my snow...they promised.... Ha, it's Atlanta.  All TV channels in town are giving minute by minute weather news,  and if there is real news in the world going on, we are not going to see it.  And weather will do what weather will do, so it's windy, it's rainy, and we would love some snow, as we are already to have a fire in the wood burning stove, and a nice lazy day doing nothing.

Tuna casserole, well you guys all know how I feel about that.  Not going to happen.  DH is making chili for tonight,  and if the power stays on, it will be the continued marathon of the Harry Potter movies.  Nothing more is going on here.  Hugs to you all!

@rafinmd How was the BSO last night?  Atlanta Symphony has gone back to live streaming, no audience this month.  I wanted to tell you, that DH had been on chemo for about 6 years.  A pill form that was new, it was supposed to "kill" the cancer, but with him, it just arrested the continuing growth of cancer.  They talked radiation for years with him, but told him he would lose his right eye, so he didn't want to do it.  Then he fell and lost the vision in his right eye, and a year later the proton radiation treatment came into Emory, and he ended up doing radiation every day for a month.  (last January).  And he didn't lose the  eye.  He cant see, but he kept the eye. They took him off the chemo, and in the past month, he finally ( a year later) has an appetite.  So healing takes a while, and I am so happy to see your reports every day, that you are going back out into the world, and that you have a cruise planned.  You are an inspiration to all of us .

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a rainy and windy day at the beach

I will take it over what some of you are experiencing. Dont have to go anywhere today so Nothing Day is perfect. Hope to see the Komodo dragons later this year. Fingers crossed on that one!

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures.

Black bean brownies sound interesting. May have to give it a try.

We are having a pot roast today. Unusual for us so I am looking forward to it.

Having the Mohs procedure tomorrow on my forehead. I have had it a few times before.  My Doctor is in Orlando and my goal is to get home before the novocaine wears off. LOL. 

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose. She is in a really tough spot right now. Wish I could help in some way.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

1 minute ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a rainy and windy day at the beach

I will take it over what some of you are experiencing. Dont have to go anywhere today so Nothing Day is perfect. Hope to see the Komodo dragons later this year. Fingers crossed on that one!

Have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures.

Black bean brownies sound interesting. May have to give it a try.

We are having a pot roast today. Unusual for us so I am looking forward to it.

Having the Mohs procedure tomorrow on my forehead. I have had it a few times before.  My Doctor is in Orlando and my goal is to get home before the novocaine wears off. LOL. 

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose. She is in a really tough spot right now. Wish I could help in some way.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Good luck tomorrow Charlene with your MOHS operation.

Graham.

• Like 15