Disappointed with two sailings that's just released.

gordylad

Was looking forward to booking Sydney to Hawaii in 2024 but the usual ports have now been changed to others that I had a look on you tube and to be honest I don't find them very appealing. Also the Sept 2023 Vancouver to Hawaii cruise is now a 9 night with no O/N in Maui........

Come on Celebrity.

44 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Was looking forward to booking Sydney to Hawaii in 2024 but the usual ports have now been changed to others that I had a look on you tube and to be honest I don't find them very appealing. Also the Sept 2023 Vancouver to Hawaii cruise is now a 9 night with no O/N in Maui........

Come on Celebrity.

Where did you find a Sydney to Hawaii cruise in 2024?

I only see 2023.

EDIT: Found it.

You're right

Edited by chamima

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

Come on Celebrity.

Check other lines 

• Like 3

Also waiting for the possible Edge repo in Spring 2024, but scared based on Solstice pricing. I think the new cruise ship restrictions in French Polynesia and impacting the itinerary. I have never been to anywhere there so it would all be new.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

6 hours ago, gordylad said:

had my head into new zealand, tahiti and bora bora but alas no longer on the sailing....

That's not so much Celebrity as it is the governments where the ports are and the new restrictions. Celebrity isn't going to Bora Bora anytime soon, if ever again.  Tahiti may be off the list, too, but I don't know if the restrictions are guest passenger capacity or total passenger capacity.  Even if any Millie were able to dock at Tahiti, it's a long way out of the way to go to only one island around there.

I don't know what's going on with New Zealand, but I'm not alone in that.  It sounds like they don't even know what's going on.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

People complain that the itineraries are the same ports Year after year then X changes and people complain.🤔

I was canceled on a previous TP due to Covid; it was a great itinerary, but not able to be done by Celebrity at this time.    Maybe people are comparing the two, as the other was on Eclipse.  I am hoping to see what Edge has to offer because I am doing the two prior cruises.  Celebrity does not have an answer yet, but working on it, I was told.  First world problems!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCPIV said:

That's not so much Celebrity as it is the governments where the ports are and the new restrictions. Celebrity isn't going to Bora Bora anytime soon, if ever again.  Tahiti may be off the list, too, but I don't know if the restrictions are guest passenger capacity or total passenger capacity.  Even if any Millie were able to dock at Tahiti, it's a long way out of the way to go to only one island around there.

I don't know what's going on with New Zealand, but I'm not alone in that.  It sounds like they don't even know what's going on.

Nailed it, we have no idea what's going on here in NZ apart from the fact we're still living like hermits. I shouldn't whinge because we have been sheltered from the worst of the Rona, bit it's time we had a plan for the new normal. Still no cruise ships here and the dates for quarantine free entry keep getting moved out. Little to no community cases of Omicron but it's only a matter of time. Booster vaccination programme in its early stages. We're booked on the Edge in 2024 🤞Hoping to pick up a Tahitian Treasures spot on the Eclipse but the suites are sold out and who knows if it will go ahead 🤔 Anyhoo back to my hermit life for now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Redking said:

Nailed it, we have no idea what's going on here in NZ apart from the fact we're still living like hermits. I shouldn't whinge because we have been sheltered from the worst of the Rona, bit it's time we had a plan for the new normal. Still no cruise ships here and the dates for quarantine free entry keep getting moved out. Little to no community cases of Omicron but it's only a matter of time. Booster vaccination programme in its early stages. We're booked on the Edge in 2024 🤞Hoping to pick up a Tahitian Treasures spot on the Eclipse but the suites are sold out and who knows if it will go ahead 🤔 Anyhoo back to my hermit life for now!

I got no whinging from you at all. You're just telling us how it is. Thanks. 

Also, I hope I did not give any offense with my glib statement. I certainly meant none, and I apologize if I did. 

May things get better soon! 

17 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I got no whinging from you at all. You're just telling us how it is. Thanks. 

Also, I hope I did not give any offense with my glib statement. I certainly meant none, and I apologize if I did. 

May things get better soon! 

@DCPIV thank for your lovely message. Absolutely no offence taken 🙂

• Like 1

Actually I liked some of the cruises.   I booked a Sydney to HNL and HNL to Vancouver.   Was able to get the same CS on both cruises.     While the ports are different than previous year.   We've done the other ports and anxious to explore some of the new ports.  

Any port would be better than Noumea, New Caledonia.   We docked on a Sunday and there was absolutely Noting open.    They had a little choo-choo train that drove around town but that was it.  

We have friends that live in Sydney and they often go to Vanuatu for vacation.  They love it.   Not overnighting in Maui also is no big deal to us.  We did it and found they roll up the sidewalks in Lahina.  The crew were really disappointed as they went ashore after they got off work only to come back quickly and it was DEAD.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

The only TP cruise released so far is the April 9 2024 Solstice cruise from Sydney to Hawaii. We are on the March 24 and April 5th 2024 Edge cruise of NZ/ Australia and would like to do the Edge reposition cruise afterwards if she goes to Hawaii also. 

We’re booked on Solstice September 22, 2023, Vancouver to Honolulu, b2b with October 1, 2023 Honolulu to Sydney.  We did the Honolulu to Sydney in October 2018  for my retirement cruise and the only change I see in the itinerary is the substitution of Raiatea for Bora Bora.  Definitely disappointed not to be going to Bora Bora again, but it’s still the best way to get to Australia!

• Like 1

@Redking

Hoping beyond hope that our nephew, his bride, their not-so-new baby boy, and stepson, who live in Dunedin, can finally return for a visit back to the USA as planned for September!  I am not optimistic since trips in 2020 and 2021 had to be scuttled due to the virus and travel restrictions.

6 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

@Redking

Hoping beyond hope that our nephew, his bride, their not-so-new baby boy, and stepson, who live in Dunedin, can finally return for a visit back to the USA as planned for September!  I am not optimistic since trips in 2020 and 2021 had to be scuttled due to the virus and travel restrictions.

@TMLAalumI can so relate to this. We couldn't go to our son's wedding in Australia 2021 (postponed from 2020). His brother wasn't able to travel from Scotland to be best man. Many tears were shed but 🤞 for delayed celebrations this year. Maybe even a TP 🛳 😉 Omicron is finally hitting us in NZ! Here's to fair winds and following seas that you will see your Dunedin family this year.

• Like 1