Annoying bedside cubbies ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

wth ?

I imagine you never have a problem with the cubbies on either side of the bed in many of the staterooms.

Great places for storage of loads of small items except the stuff is inaccessible or just involves stuffing it in helter skelter.

No problem if you can't see a use.

Happy sailing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

I can’t imagine bringing firm plastic containers.  

I’m all about containers that make it more like a drawer though! 

We bring a number of collapsible containers (the ikea ones with the zipper or the pop up round ones are my faves.

Very Sturdy, just pack as you would other plastics.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Very Sturdy, just pack as you would other plastics.

I have no idea where this thread is heading but I'm running out and getting these containers before they are sold out. Thanks !!

Multi Purpose, 

Ice Cube Bin

71W0dsShjkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

40 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

mDesign Slim Plastic Stackable Food Storage Container Bin, Handles for Long Narrow Cubby ho;ed…
In Stock
 & FREE Returns

Color: Smoke
Size: 14.5 x 4 x 4

bins.JPG

cubby.jpg

So did you design these, or are you just a big investor and promoter of the company?  

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 4

@boscobeans I believe that it was a bit confusing because your original post lacked some context.

Your title "Annoying bedside cubbies?" led me to believe you were going to complain about the cubbies.

In the text, had you started with "You know those annoying cubbies next to the beds where you're always having a tough time reaching things?" or "I have a great hack on how to turn those annoying cubbies into a useful space" it would have helped in the understanding of you suggestion.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 10

35 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I imagine you never have a problem with the cubbies on either side of the bed in many of the staterooms.

Great places for storage of loads of small items except the stuff is inaccessible or just involves stuffing it in helter skelter.

No problem if you can't see a use.

Happy sailing

We use the first cubbie to hold the phone so my DH doesn't keep making crank calls in his sleep as has happened when he left the phone on the top of the nightstand.  We use all the other cubbies for shoes so they aren't pushed under the bed by the cabin steward.

6 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

So did you design these, or are you just a big investor and promoter of the company?  

No, just a 75 year old FART who, since the introduction of the Quantum ships with the deep narrow cubby holes next to most stateroom beds, has found them to be annoying and hard to utilize.

Please ignore this post as it seems to be almost as hot a topic as smoking or tipping. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

mDesign Slim Plastic Stackable Food Storage Container Bin, Handles for Long Narrow Cubby ho;ed…
In Stock
 & FREE Returns

Color: Smoke
Size: 14.5 x 4 x 4

bins.JPG

cubby.jpg

Is your photo in wrong direction and is actually a photo of the "nightstand"?

If yes, this is where I put my books and flip flops and phone charger.    I try to keep "little stuff" in the drawers.

Edited by Sunshine3601

Um, whatever.  Completely confusing post.  Sideways photo.  How does this help anyone?  Not to mention, those are much longer than the bedside tables are deep.   And, just a post without any context.   Where exactly are you going with this post?  And, BTW, the cubbies aren't annoying at all.  Plenty of good uses for them.

Edited by BND

17 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

I can’t imagine bringing firm plastic containers.  

I’m all about containers that make it more like a drawer though! 

We bring a number of collapsible containers (the ikea ones with the zipper or the pop up round ones are my faves.

Dollar type stores have nice rectangular ones that fold flat.  I put one on the desk to hold all the small things.

They would work well in those cubbies also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, boscobeans said:

No, just a 75 year old FART who, since the introduction of the Quantum ships with the deep narrow cubby holes next to most stateroom beds, has found them to be annoying and hard to utilize.

Please ignore this post as it seems to be almost as hot a topic as smoking or tipping. LOL. 

I think they first appeared on Oasis ships