New Boarding Requirements for O Cruises Effective 3-1-2022

2552phxcrzr

3 hours ago, basor said:

When we did the proctored test in November, it was done via a zoom call with video.  You waited to open the kit in front of the camera on the computer, then he instructed us step by step on doing the test while he watched at all times.  You had to hold up your passport next to your face at the beginning of the test to verify identity.  The sample was then sealed and placed on the table with the computer camera focused on the test the entire 15 minutes.  When the time was up, the test results were shown to the laptop camera.  If the test kit and the person testing was ever not in the camera then the test was invalidated.  Once the results were confirmed, a text and an email were sent to the registered person with all of their personal information.    There was no charge at the time of the test.  The proctored test included the zoom testing - we paid $60.00 for 2 tests.  

@basor We got the eMed kits to use for trips this year.  Is everything you need for the test in the box?  Just want to make sure there isn't an extra "test reader" so to speak that you have to order in addition to the tests.

5 minutes ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

@basor We got the eMed kits to use for trips this year.  Is everything you need for the test in the box?  Just want to make sure there isn't an extra "test reader" so to speak that you have to order in addition to the tests.

Everything is in the kit and DO NOT OPEN until you are told to do so by the proctor....

• Like 1

the 48 hour Rule abt Testing for USA origin cruises seems incorrect!----we have emails from Oceania confirming that we can test on a Wednesday for a Saturday Boarding in Miami----so 72 hours prior--which allows us to fly in from Canada Wednesday and spend Thursday and Friday at a Miami hotel.

1 hour ago, Dick Barton said:

the 48 hour Rule abt Testing for USA origin cruises seems incorrect!----we have emails from Oceania confirming that we can test on a Wednesday for a Saturday Boarding in Miami----so 72 hours prior--which allows us to fly in from Canada Wednesday and spend Thursday and Friday at a Miami hotel.

Check your dates.  I've had cruises where the requirements kept changing and you had to always check what was the date of the latest "pronouncement".

1 hour ago, Dick Barton said:

Here's the official chart from Oceania. According to the chart, the emails you received from Oceania contradict their chart.

image.png.bdbca300239ace54b902c30e7b2dc76e.png

Those of us that have cruised over the past few months should be used to changes in protocols, itineraries, flights and even embarkation ports. Since these changes were released a day before the new CDC recommendations you can expect a lot more revisions. Each port we visit will have their own requirements so Oceania may say they will not be doing on board testing that will change if port xyz say no docking unless everyone has been tested in the past x hours.  

My return flight is at 10:30AM so how does Oceania propose getting the return to US Covid tests? Do they expect to have proctored tests via Oceania Internet? Last cruise they did the tests on board at sea  for free. Will they be able to satisfy the Canadian testing requirements? Stay tuned ...

If you thought your cruise in the next few months will be similar to your last pre covid cruise, you are in for a big surprise!'

We have decided to wait for a couple of weeks more before deciding after reading the new proposals by the CDC re colour coding ships ie 95% of passengers vaccinated and booster shots etc. 

we have now got our eye on 4 cruises in Europe all with different rules re tests vaccination etc all look good.

This is good news indeed. Would I be correct in thinking that for Europeans flying to the states to board the 72 hour limit for the tests would be relevant?  If so the test we have to do 24 hours pre flight would suffice. 

thanks in advance for any advice given. 

shark

4 hours ago, welshfamily said:

We have decided to wait for a couple of weeks more before deciding after reading the new proposals by the CDC re colour coding ships ie 95% of passengers vaccinated and booster shots etc. 

we have now got our eye on 4 cruises in Europe all with different rules re tests vaccination etc all look good.

I’m not familiar with the new proposal by the CDC to color code the ships, but O requires 100% of all passengers to be vaccinated. Perhaps the color coding would be relevant as to booster shots. I’m not sure O is requiring booster shots yet, but they certainly require everyone to be fully vaccinated.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:47 PM, WESTEAST said:

With respect to face coverings, any update whether the crew will continue to wear masks after March 1st?

I have been told by an Oceania phone agent that crew members will continue to be required to wear masks. Let’s hope this agent was giving correct information. 

7 hours ago, beardedshark said:

This is good news indeed. Would I be correct in thinking that for Europeans flying to the states to board the 72 hour limit for the tests would be relevant?  If so the test we have to do 24 hours pre flight would suffice. 

thanks in advance for any advice given. 

shark

I contacted Regent with a similar concern. This is the response:

Thank you for your below email regarding our updated testing procedures.

As part of international travel into the USA, a pre departure test has always been required. This test has to be taken 1 day prior to arrival into the US (in your case on the 16th April 2022), this same test is also acceptable to be used for your embarkation testing. I do believe some confusion does lay where it states '48 hours' on the envogram we sent, we would however refer you to the grid on the notification.

Covid test taken no earlier than

Cruise Embark Day

Cruise originates in U.S. port

Cruise originates in non-U.S. port

Sunday

Friday

Thursday

Monday 18th April

Saturday 16th April

Friday

Tuesday

Sunday

Saturday

Wednesday

Monday

Sunday

Thursday

Tuesday

Monday

Friday

Wednesday

Tuesday

Saturday

Thursday

Wednesday

Based on the grid above, no additional testing is required to board the ship as the test to enter the US has always been required and falls within two days of your embarkation.

I do hope the above clarifies the position and I can only apologise for any confusion but please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Thanks govanguy, sound much more convenient and less stressful. I was mainly confused regarding the timings as we have an overnight in Miami before boarding and also factoring in the time difference. Not unlike me to be overthinking it

Edited by beardedshark

On 2/11/2022 at 12:08 AM, azdrydock said:

Those of us that have cruised over the past few months should be used to changes in protocols, itineraries, flights and even embarkation ports. Since these changes were released a day before the new CDC recommendations you can expect a lot more revisions. Each port we visit will have their own requirements so Oceania may say they will not be doing on board testing that will change if port xyz say no docking unless everyone has been tested in the past x hours.  

My return flight is at 10:30AM so how does Oceania propose getting the return to US Covid tests? Do they expect to have proctored tests via Oceania Internet? Last cruise they did the tests on board at sea  for free. Will they be able to satisfy the Canadian testing requirements? Stay tuned ...

If you thought your cruise in the next few months will be similar to your last pre covid cruise, you are in for a big surprise!'

our flight is at 10:30 as well...from BAR....today as you probably know, Canada did away with tests for Canadians coming back home. which cruise are you on?

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

our flight is at 10:30 as well...from BAR....today as you probably know, Canada did away with tests for Canadians coming back home. which cruise are you on?

Not being Canadian it wouldn't affect me, but can you provide a link to that? I can't  find anything when doing  an internet search. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Not being Canadian it wouldn't affect me, but can you provide a link to that? I can't  find anything when doing  an internet search. Thanks.

This must be what he is referring to.  The GOC website has not been updated so I can only assume that the news is informed speculation.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/feds-to-eliminate-pre-arrival-pcr-testing-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-source-says-1.5778453

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

29 minutes ago, RPen63 said:

This must be what he is referring to.  The GOC website has not been updated so I can only assume that the news is informed speculation.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/feds-to-eliminate-pre-arrival-pcr-testing-for-fully-vaccinated-canadian-travellers-source-says-1.5778453

Quote from the new article   My bold for emphasis. 

The federal government is set to eliminate PCR testing requirements for fully vaccinated Canadians travelling outside of the country, a senior government source tells CTV News.

Instead of a PCR test, Canadians will be required to show proof of a negative antigen test, similar to the United States.

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the dropping of tests  for those returning to Canada  was just announced  but not sure if it is official yet or not

Not official yet. From the article cited above by @RPen63

Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos signalled Friday that the federal government would announce changes to pandemic measures at Canada's borders next week.