Carnival Splendor is taking passengers Alaska to Sydney in September.

Is Carnival Dreaming?

Upon completion of the summer season 2022 in Alaska, Carnival Splendor will return to Australia with a new Journeys cruise to Sydney, Australia, that will be available soon. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26799-carnival-cruise-line-announces-updated-deployment-plans.html?fbclid=IwAR249pGalw4IMtzwcbxcmf5XnbL_75TZIvkfjOVMvH88kCnSwMS62YFuyGs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Is Carnival Dreaming?

Upon completion of the summer season 2022 in Alaska, Carnival Splendor will return to Australia with a new Journeys cruise to Sydney, Australia, that will be available soon. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26799-carnival-cruise-line-announces-updated-deployment-plans.html?fbclid=IwAR249pGalw4IMtzwcbxcmf5XnbL_75TZIvkfjOVMvH88kCnSwMS62YFuyGs

Since the government is now allowing overseas visitors into Australia there is no reason Carnival can't schedule a repositioning cruise from Alaska. The ship is already scheduled for a number of voyages here in the 22/23 season.

Of course if our governments haven't agreed to let cruise ships in by then all those voyages will get cancelled just like all the other ones in the past two years.

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Is Carnival Dreaming?

Tell Carnival they are dreaming.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Since the government is now allowing overseas visitors into Australia there is no reason Carnival can't schedule a repositioning cruise from Alaska. The ship is already scheduled for a number of voyages here in the 22/23 season.

Of course if our governments haven't agreed to let cruise ships in by then all those voyages will get cancelled just like all the other ones in the past two years.

Would be a good cruise to book last minute if it does come off, as lovely time of year for repositioning cruise.

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

I agree, one to keep an eye on.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Would be a good cruise to book last minute if it does come off, as lovely time of year for repositioning cruise.

Yep it would be excellent cruise and probably quite cheap at short notice.

I will be keeping an eye on it.

But we have a predicted cold winter and a nasty flu season also neurotic government.

Edited by Chiliburn

2 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Who is saying this (not the bit about the neurotic government - the cold winter and nasty flu season)?

Hopefully we are in agreement we have a neurotic government. LOL

The bad flu season is predicted by the commonwealth cheif doctor.

A with that volcano in Tonga it has put a lot of sulphuric acid into the ionosphere.which should cool the atmosphere.

Have you noticed the amazing sunsets,that’s the from the volcano.

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

According to Hawaii Ports Carnival Splendor is in Oahu 12 September 2022 0600 - 2300
Previous port San Diego.

So springaussie  ,what about these transpacifics and Tahiti?

From what I understand even Radiance can’t go to some of the islands in French Polynesia.

Ive been thinking they may drop Tahiti and go to Samoa or something but they still have Tahiti and Bora Bora on there schedules.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So springaussie  ,what about these transpacifics and Tahiti?

From what I understand even Radiance can’t go to some of the islands in French Polynesia.

Ive been thinking they may drop Tahiti and go to Samoa or something but they still have Tahiti and Bora Bora on there schedules.

We are on the "Radiance""... well that's the plan. it will be an overnighter in Moorea

image.thumb.png.b757b4206ef62b2c02a6f673d0371678.png

1 hour ago, cruiselover53 said:

We are on the "Radiance""... well that's the plan. it will be an overnighter in Moorea

image.thumb.png.b757b4206ef62b2c02a6f673d0371678.png

I  forgot to add that we are on the return in April 23. so I am taking the plunge and suggesting the Transpacific this year will do the same. The Tahiti restictions are:

The French Polynesian island of Bora Bora has announced a ban on mega cruise ships, restricting port calls to cruise ships with a capacity of less than 3,500 while those with a capacity of more than 2,500 will be restricted to Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea. Cruise ships carrying more than 3,500 passengers will be denied entry.

51 minutes ago, cruiselover53 said:

I  forgot to add that we are on the return in April 23. so I am taking the plunge and suggesting the Transpacific this year will do the same. The Tahiti restictions are:

The French Polynesian island of Bora Bora has announced a ban on mega cruise ships, restricting port calls to cruise ships with a capacity of less than 3,500 while those with a capacity of more than 2,500 will be restricted to Tahiti, Moorea and Raiatea. Cruise ships carrying more than 3,500 passengers will be denied entry.

So you should be right on radiance but large ships like ovation with 4,000 plus passengers have still got it on its schedule.

Unless they are going to restrict the amount of passengers to under 3,500.

2 hours ago, cruiselover53 said:

That's not correct. Bora Bora's restriction is for 1,200 passengers.

"Starting January 1, 2022, the government of Tahiti also plans on enforcing a ban on large cruise ships from most of its ports. Ships with a capacity of over 2,500 passengers will only be permitted to dock at Tahiti, Moorea, and Raiatea, while Bora Bora will limit calls to 1,200 cruise passengers per day.  The rules are also totally banning ships operating trans-Pacific voyages with a capacity of over 3,500 passengers. "

Princess has already dropped Bora Bora from it's itineraries. Ships that go to French Polynesia only stop at Tahiti and Moorea now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

But we have a predicted cold winter and a nasty flu season also neurotic government.

What happened to global warming 🤔?and empty dams and dry lakes,and cracks in the ground, and we need desalination plants...? That other mob sure do know how to bring the boats back 🤣

6 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What happened to global warming 🤔?and empty dams and dry lakes,and cracks in the ground, and we need desalination plants...? That other mob sure do know how to bring the boats back 🤣

That will be next year. 🤣

23 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Maybe you are right,here’s a article that says the volcano wasn’t big enough.

https://www.space.com/tonga-volcano-eruption-wont-cool-climate

53 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

It will be after the election depending on whom gets in .it's not the sort of boats we want back .

I actually meant the global warming, empty dams etc, but those might take about three years to come back. WA has had the bushfires though.

This cruise if & when it goes ahead is going to be interesting..

The day it's listed to be in Honolulu, it's also listed to be on Day 2 of a Alaska cruise from Seattle..

There's been alot of interest from fellow Carnival fans on Facebook, so I reckon it could be a sellout, like all the TP's; Singapore-Sydney cruises..

The other interesting thing is the Capacity of Passengers. If they go with 2/3 (66%). That would have just over 2000 passengers, so Bora Bora may come into part, with only the 1200 allowed to get off the ship. 

Would love to do this cruise after 2 TP's & A Sing-Syd under my belt. But since I have a 10 month year old, Carnival doesn't let them on international cruises & more than 2 sea days..

I will have to wait till it arrives to finally become Diamond on Carnival..😃😃

On 2/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, Hogbay said:

empty dams and dry lakes,and cracks in the ground, and we need desalination plants...?

I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall that those desalination plants got used pretty heavily in 2018, 2019 and the first part of 2020.

Back when the lakes and dams were almost empty and there was fire in the sky.  Which they will be again when La Nina goes away.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1