The Daily for Sunday 02/20/2022

richwmn

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  I just got word from my brother that his DD had a bad fall down stairs (9 of them) and had blood coming out her ear.  She was rushed to the ER and had a CT scan.  She has a fractured skull and blood on her brain.  They are draining blood, and moving her to ICU.  She has another CT scan in the morning.  

Background on Jennifer.  Back in 2010 she was an experienced skydiver and was making a group jump.  When nearly to the ground a person who was photographing the jump veered into her just before landing.  It caused her chute to collapse and she dropped 35 feet to the ground.  Once falling to the ground, she had a severe stroke.  This is in addition to all the broken bones and injuries sustained by the fall.  She never fully recovered.  She can walk but her right arm is paralyzed and she needs a cane.  She also has aphasia and doesn't speak well.  She understands most everything but her speech is definitely affected.  She was an X-ray technician in a hospital before the accident but was declared disabled then.  I just hope she can recover from this because even the way she was before would be better than nothing.  Please add her to the prayer list!🙏

So sorry to hear this.  I’ll be doing lots of praying for her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no!  I just got word from my brother that his DD had a bad fall down stairs (9 of them) and had blood coming out her ear.  She was rushed to the ER and had a CT scan.  She has a fractured skull and blood on her brain.  They are draining blood, and moving her to ICU.  She has another CT scan in the morning.  

Background on Jennifer.  Back in 2010 she was an experienced skydiver and was making a group jump.  When nearly to the ground a person who was photographing the jump veered into her just before landing.  It caused her chute to collapse and she dropped 35 feet to the ground.  Once falling to the ground, she had a severe stroke.  This is in addition to all the broken bones and injuries sustained by the fall.  She never fully recovered.  She can walk but her right arm is paralyzed and she needs a cane.  She also has aphasia and doesn't speak well.  She understands most everything but her speech is definitely affected.  She was an X-ray technician in a hospital before the accident but was declared disabled then.  I just hope she can recover from this because even the way she was before would be better than nothing.  Please add her to the prayer list!🙏

How awful for her.... first her terrible accident and now this. Sending prayers and all my best wishes.

Susan

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh Sandi, I am so sorry to hear about Jennifer and her accident.  I pray the doctors can drain all her blood and she has no further impairment 🙏🏻 

How very sad and worrisome. 😢 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Very sad, praying for your niece.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from sunny Quartzsite.  A little later today, we'll be heading to Parker to the grocery store and the big box store.

I haven't made a cherry pie in about 20+ years.  DH likes them, but they are not my favorite.  There is no need to shout Hoodie Hoo in the southwestern desert.  Will celebrate love your pet days even though the seven cats and two dogs DH and I had have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.    We miss them all, but especially Brandy and Nikki.  Brandy was the smaller of the two, but she was definitely the Boss including to us.

Dogs.thumb.jpg.f6b297f879e070ae6ba98c90cb3f8fe2.jpg

I like the Albert Einstein quote.  Without imagination a lot of things would never have been invented.

We'll pass on the meal (not tofu fans), drink and wine.

Was sorry to read the Queen has Covid.  Hope it remains a mild case.

@kazu  Sorry you could not make it into see DH yesterday, but you chose the safest course of action.

@cat shepard  Love the pictures with the animal babies.

@sassy~one  Debbie, congratulations on the upcoming cruise on NS.

@mamaofami  Glad Sam is painting and framing his work.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri great that you are still pain free.

@ger_77  Gerry, happy you dodged the bad weather.

@GTVCRUISER  Bon Voyage.  That will be our ship in two weeks.

We have been to Trondheim twice.   The first time was in 2005 on Marco Polo and the second was 2011 on Prinsendam.  For some reason CC is not letting me upload the pictures of Trondheim.  I'll post them later today after we get back from Parker.

Lenda

Thanks so much.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sending prayers for Jennifer that she recovers from her fractured skull.

Graham.

• Thanks 1