My call is very important to them 🤣

RickT

I was listening to a TA webinar with the Celebrity Marketing VP a couple of weeks ago and she was bragging that the wait times for the TA's has been reduced to just a couple of minutes.  I guess, we now know how the Celebrity improved the service for the TA's, it looks like they have reassigned more reps to the dedicated TA lines.  I guess they have decided that the TA's time is more valuable than the  customer's time.  I'm not sure I agree.

I realize that Celebrity isn't exactly a technology innovator, but would it really be that difficult for them to implement one of the phone systems that allows you to leave your name and number and they'll call you back without you losing your place in the queue? There are numerous companies that I deal with that offer that service, which I view as a sign of respect for their customers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I was listening to a TA webinar with the Celebrity Marketing VP a couple of weeks ago and she was bragging that the wait times for the TA's has been reduced to just a couple of minutes.  I guess, we now know how the Celebrity improved the service for the TA's, it looks like they have reassigned more reps to the dedicated TA lines.  I guess they have decided that the TA's time is more valuable than the  customer's time.  I'm not sure I agree.

TAs are representatives of the  customer.  Barring something urgent, our TA will call once or twice and day and take care of things for multiple customers on 1 call.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

TAs are representatives of the  customer.  Barring something urgent, our TA will call once or twice and day and take care of things for multiple customers on 1 call.  

TA's are representatives for some customers, there are lot of people that deal directly with Celebrity.  Sure the TA's benefit from doing multiple customers on one call, but at the end of the day the rep is only working on one customer at a time.

34 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

TA's are representatives for some customers, there are lot of people that deal directly with Celebrity.  Sure the TA's benefit from doing multiple customers on one call, but at the end of the day the rep is only working on one customer at a time.

And getting paid for it.

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

And getting paid for it.

By Celebrity who gives them a % of the cruise fare we pay to Celebrity    So we are all customers and should have decent customer service be it from Celebrity if we book direct or a TA if that is how we booked.

• Like 1

thanks for letting us know.  I was so frustrated last couple of days trying to reach my "TA" (big box store which gives back cash card), waiting was over an hour each time I tried and had to hung up,  sometime the phone line directly asked me to call back another time, and I was thinking about booking directly with Celebrity next time, but after this post, no thanks, grass is not greener on the other side 😂

Edited by tyrannosaur

On 2/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, VitaminSea53 said:

I made a call for the same reason last weekend and after being transferred 3 times and while waiting about an hour, I was told that dept was closed and to call back on a weekday. 
Others have said you can make the upgrade on-line after logging into the website. I couldn’t find the option to upgrade and I want my 10% discount.  So I guess, I will call in next week - maybe early in the morning?

I would ask if the discount of about $1.20 par day is worth the aggravation of a long hold time?  

• Like 2

I'm not a computer programmer, but I did make the little turtle draw a star in my 1984 Comp Sci summer school class, so there's that.

For those of you more knowledgeable, wouldn't it be fairly easy to make the discount available for booking onboard, since the reservation is tied to Captain's Club numbers already? I can get various markdowns in other areas of life by being logged in, so the system knows it's me and what I am eligible for. Even if it weren't automatic (which seems simpler to my non-programmer mind) couldn't there be a place to enter our CC number when ordering, so the system could apply the correct discount? 

It seems that making some things easier for the consumer to do, without having to call, would decrease the number of necessary calls, and possibly decrease the number of customer service agents needed, thereby reducing costs for X. 

But what do I know? I couldn't make a turtle draw any shape today, even if I tried. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2022 at 12:27 PM, RickT said:

just taking a moment to vent about a “first world problem” while on hold (90 minutes and counting).

The start of the call held great promise when a Celebrity Rep answered the phone within 5 minutes.  She unfortunately explained that my request (looking to upgrade beverage package) would need to be transferred to the Enhancement Dept.  She assured me the hold would only be 3-5 minutes……lol

I realize Celebrity is experiencing staffing issues but it boggles the mind that in this day and age their website isn’t capable of allowing me to upgrade (perhaps it’s due to the 10% Elite discount) nor do they offer a call back option.  To further aggravate me the discount is only available pre-cruise. 

For those of you that will suggest I try calling at a different day/time please note that I have…. Usually giving up after 30 minutes.   Oh well, in the time I’ve been on hold I’ve made lunch, cleaned the dishes, cleaned my bathroom and got caught up on the world news (thoughts and prayers to the people of Ukraine 🇺🇦).

Perhaps I should now start binge watching something on Netflix?

Try calling 800-556-8209. It's a department to service existing reservations. It's usually not a long hold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I'm not a computer programmer, but I did make the little turtle draw a star in my 1984 Comp Sci summer school class, so there's that.

For those of you more knowledgeable, wouldn't it be fairly easy to make the discount available for booking onboard, since the reservation is tied to Captain's Club numbers already? I can get various markdowns in other areas of life by being logged in, so the system knows it's me and what I am eligible for. Even if it weren't automatic (which seems simpler to my non-programmer mind) couldn't there be a place to enter our CC number when ordering, so the system could apply the correct discount? 

It seems that making some things easier for the consumer to do, without having to call, would decrease the number of necessary calls, and possibly decrease the number of customer service agents needed, thereby reducing costs for X. 

But what do I know? I couldn't make a turtle draw any shape today, even if I tried. 

Oops! I hope the context made it clear that I meant fot booking onLINE, not onBOARD. 

See? I told you I'm not good at computer stuff. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Ahh yes, ok, thank you.

I’ve never heard of a 30% Elite discount given on board 🤷‍♀️, apart from the occasional special incentive, I thought that 10% was the discount and only if you upgraded before the cruise.

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

I’ve never heard of a 30% Elite discount given on board 🤷‍♀️, apart from the occasional special incentive, I thought that 10% was the discount and only if you upgraded before the cruise.

I just used the 30% discount by calling on Friday.