The Daily for Sunday 03/20/2022

richwmn

Today is Extraterrestrial Abductions Day, International Day of Happiness, and International Earth Day

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.--George Bernard Shaw

Meal Suggestion for today - One Pan Tuscan Ravioli
Drink of the Day - Sauza 901 Club
Wine of the Day - Surrau 2020 Branu (Vermentino di Gallura)
Destination of the Day - Dravuni Island, Fiji

Ships With Passengers

At Sea

Nieuw Amsterdam   Destination Costa Maya, MX

Bora Bora Island, Society Islands, French Polynesia

Zuiderdam   17:00

Castries, St Lucia Island

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 16:00

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Eurodam   07:00 - 17:00
Rotterdam   07:00 - 17:00

San Diego, California

Koningsdam   07:00 - 17:00

Ships Without Passengers

Cadiz SP

Zaandam   Shipyard

Great Stirrup Cay

Noordam   Anchorage

Limassol, CY

Oosterdam   Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

Malaga SP

Volendam   Anchorage

0320World.thumb.png.264c0713c3649cd03002d35b4d56f93f.png

0320Caribbean.thumb.png.fbc903e94febef9aa67e82c151664740.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I hope there are no alien abductions. 😉  Praying for Happiness for everyone.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds great, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

It's still winter here, with flurries in the forecast, so pictures of Fiji are most welcome.

Praying for our world.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is still dark here, so not sure what the day will look like here. We are supposed to get some rain, but it hasn’t started yet. Bindi is not happy with the time change. She does not like to go out in the morning when it is dark. Right now she is snoring gently next to me on the sofa.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Your cruises sound wonderful!  Morning Dailyites!  Celebrating my Sister’s birthday today. Heading to the gym early, then off to Aldi.

Some random smiles for the first day of Spring!

70D270D3-CB76-41F3-A52D-69A76CFFC13F.jpeg.0854a020f6a9a07bd79c227edcde77ee.jpeg

F4115810-5DDD-4755-834C-454618026993.jpeg.5df441b33e4ef0a8d076cfbc60b20f18.jpeg

Some days are like this….

D6F1CBC7-0B97-4A68-97E9-7D82E398A138.jpeg.241a2b2098645b1e69c0856ec7261daa.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Surrau 2020 Branu (Vermentino di Gallura)
This white sounds so enticing. Perfect for a hot summer day. I have never heard of this type of wine before, so I have to hunt this down. Several online distributors with prices starting at $17.99.

Winemaker Notes

Fresh and crisp, the palate is a mix of citrus, white pepper, green apple and floral notes with salty mineral undertones and just a bitter hint of almond. It is one of the most successful wines made at Surrau and now a benchmark for the Vermentino di Gallura category.

WE93  Wine Enthusiast

This savory, enticing white will transport you to the seaside thanks to aromas that recall Mediterranean brush, white spring wildflowers, a sea breeze and a warm, sandy beach. On the delicious palate, tangy acidity accompanies ripe white peach, lemon drop candy and saline.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  I hope we have no alien abductions, lots of happiness, and take good care of our Earth.  I like the Shaw quote.  I've been to several places in Fiji but not Dravuni Island.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Filet of Beef Wellington, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam March 20, 2019:

dishes20.jpg

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

Today’s care list:

RIP Kakalina 3/18/22
Ukraine

Hartgrove older sister with aggressive cancer
Strength for Jacqui as she searches for a suitable facility for Jose
Marely’s continuing decline
Welfare of furloughed crews
HAL Sailer DH in hospital with unsure diagnosis
Tana with pneumonia and rough nights
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
Buddy still having trouble getting food down
Cruzin Terri DH awaiting dermatology biopsy result
From the rotation:
ger_77 DH awaiting pacemaker
Marshhawk awaiting surgery and problems with Doctor
Marshhawk DH endless string of problems
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Eurodam

Edo320.thumb.JPG.5854d36e0cd86c8d9e0ecb226c346fc9.JPG

and Rotterdam in Everglades

rdm0320.thumb.JPG.1fd1cb2f38920f076c47520291044e7b.JPG

Noordam in service April rather than May
6 BHB with passengers
7 days for Vict0riann(4/9) , Live4cruises and AV8rix (Koningsdam 3/27-4/10)
Bon Voyage Aliaschief and Dwaliaschief (Rotterdam to 4/3)
Bon Voyage  Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS to 4/3)
 GTVCCRUISER (Koningsdam to 3/20), DeeniEncinitas  (Ruby Princess to 3/27),  Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 4/3) and NorseH20 and dchip (Zuiderdam to 4/3)Overhead Fred, sassy-one, and sailingdutchy (Niew Statendam  to 4/ 6) at sea
Welcome home Navybikermom
Marley doing better with pills
Slight improvement for Tana
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - enjoying a well earned vacation. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Today's sunrise is from a 2017 land interlude between Crystal Serenity and MS Zaandam.  With the time between cruises I took a bus journey from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls (a luxury bus much like airline business class).  Sunrise March 20 came as we were approaching Buenos Aires:

dawn0320.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Sauza 910 Club:

Ingredients
1 part Sauza® 901® Tequila
2 parts Iced Tea
2 parts Lemonade
1/4 part Agave Syrup
Mint Sprig
Lemon Wedges

Instructions
Combine all ingredients. Stir well. Serve over ice in tall glass. Garnish with mint sprig and lemon wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 7.41.33 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s a cool and cloudy day, never did get rain last evening.

We have Noordam in tomorrow for the day, then back again on Wednesday/ Thursday per PEV schedule.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏🎉

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! It’s abduction day and we are on countdown for our embarkation on MS Rotterdam! SIL finally arrived last night after her flight changes. You have to be flexible these days as it seems our booked flights frequently change times these days. We dined at a new restaurant that occupies the old venue of Bravo Ristorante. Bravo used to be our favorite pre cruise place to eat. New restaurant is Mamajuana’s which has a Dominican RepublIc theme menu. We had a Paella which was very good. Restaurant is a small chain and has only been open three weeks. Staff needs training!

It appears Key West is still on our itinerary so I’ll believe that when we’re standing in Mallory Square waving at the PTZ cam!

As we travel we see that some of our favorite hotel chains, restaurants and venue are struggling mainly with staffing issues. We try to be understanding and patient. Same applies to ships. HD on Quest briefed us on how all cruise lines are having staffing issues. Many during the pandemic changed careers out of necessity and some countries crew have to deal with closed embassies etc.

Thanks Rich, Roy and all of the Dailylites. Feeling very Blessed and so fortunate as we embark on another adventure when so many are fleeing for their lives!🙏

Bruce and his Matched Set -aka twin sisters!

i

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F and partly sunny here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for the various lists.

We should all look after our Earth especially with global warming and plastic waste.

Good quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Fiji is somewhere we would like to visit so photos welcome.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone they might help.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220320_115740.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_115622.jpg

Screenshot_20220320_115554.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone.

It is a chilly, rainy day here in northeast Ohio.   Hopefully we'll have better weather later.  Not a lot going on here. Yesterday I swept floors, cleaned bathrooms and did laundry.   

Today's meal sounds yummy, just too many carbs for me.  Carb eaters will like it, though.  I would like the first one without the ravioli and maybe sub some chicken or fish.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/one-pan-tuscan-ravioli/

510982535_TuscanRavioli1.jpg.293f38bba1e4e5e6c7b91ae071e8870e.jpg

Sun dried tomatoes, garlic, creamy goodness, spinach, what's not to like with this next one?  https://www.saltandlavender.com/creamy-tuscan-ravioli-one-pan-15-minutes/

929070849_TuscanRavioli2.thumb.jpg.ebc0d4bb9932d19ffdc8007e450e863b.jpg

This next one is very similar to the one above.   https://littlespicejar.com/date-night-creamy-tuscan-ravioli/  It just looks so good that I had to include it.

1744443336_tuscanravioli3.thumb.jpg.f2630c2446e1b61782439eaf6a6f8c7c.jpg

And, for our last entry, we have an instant pot tuscan ravioli soup.  It looks really good!  https://wholeandheavenlyoven.com/2021/12/02/instant-pot-tuscan-ravioli-soup/

2090794373_tuscanravioli4.thumb.jpg.74ee6fc256f60b9373e6f2d94d119074.jpg

Prayers for all in need, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members.  Cheers to those celebrating and welcome to spring!   Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Good morning friends!  It is cold this morning 36F but is sunny and will be a beautiful day in the upper 60's so a great day for the Folds of Honor Race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.  Folds of Honor is an organization that awards scholarships to families of fallen and disabled service members.  A worthy endeavor.  

Today's port is Dravuni Island, Fiji which was also shown here on Sept. 23, 2021.  I haven't been to any ports in Fiji and would love to include that in future travels.  Hoping for photos from someone today.  Our menu suggestion sounds good (one pan Tuscan ravioli). Debbie @dfishshowed us some nice variations.  Glad to hear we are celebrating an international day of happiness.  So many people could use some happiness right now.  International earth day is a good day to reflect on this planet we call home.  It seems that extraterrestrial abductions aren't as common as they were in the 1950's to 1970's.  Now that we all carry cell phones we could capture lots more videos and photos so isn't it strange they don't seem to occur that often anymore? 👽  hmmmm...

@cat shepardhappy birthday wishes to your sister.🎂Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily.  Thanks also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  It's exciting to think about booking and taking some cruises again so I'm happy for you.  Cheers to all who are on the Celebration list!🥂  For those who need our prayers, I am right there with you asking for help, healing, strength, and acceptance.  For the Ukrainian people I pray for peace and safety from their oppressors.  The outright bombing of shelters and civilian homes is a heinous act.  Prayers for all.🙏

DD told me yesterday her pup Gracie seemed to awake having a seizure, her first ever.  Very scary for them and I hope this is not a sign of things to come.  She's only 6 years old.  So I've added Gracie to my prayer list.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1g3KsvYcYyLc3G4OL8PB8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1613850871

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. I am happy to report no alien abductions overnight .Neighbors were having St Patrick's  Day parties yesterday  and at one point a bagpiper came down the block.He had played for the local parade earlier and admitted to a "stop" at one of the pubs.DH and I were sitting  on the steps with the dogs watching the sunset and he played a short  piece.Our neighbors were also out on their porch  so he got a few cheers.It was lovely.

It is expected to be in the mid fifties  later and DSIL has volunteered  to BBQ.That is very nice since I only have to make a potato salad and a chickpea salad today.The grill is a bit of a walk around the back of the house so we tend to be lazy and not use it in the winter months.

Enjoy the day everyone 

Terry

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. I certainly would like To  reinvent myself back to how I was before Sam had his stroke. We don’t appreciate what we have until we don’t have it anymore.

I’m getting nervous about getting a new Russian aide because I haven’t heard any progress on the situation from the new agency. Yesterday, the present aide left the gas on under a coffee pot and when I showed it to him he said I must have done it. Later he said the coffee boiled over and put the flame out and he forgot to turn off the knob. It’s always someone else’s fault.This is the second aide who has done this but this time I caught vit before the house smelled of gas.

I know  I’m a strong person but all the issues have worn me down. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've never been abducted by extra-terrestrials, I try to be happy every day, and by recycling and soon composting, try to take care of the earth as best I can.  Happy Spring everyone!  The days are getting lighter earlier and staying that way - yesterday we had equal amounts of daylight and dark, which was quite lovely.  

I like today's quote and find it quite true.  I'm not normally a white wine drinker, but if this one can transport me to the seaside, then I'm holding out my glass for more!  The drink of the day also seems to speak of warmer days, which hopefully will be continuing throughout the next little while.  We've had a number of days in the plus temperatures, which has seen the snow melting off our roof - I'm making sure to have some non clumping kitty litter to put on the areas in the morning so I don't break my neck on the ice when taking out the garbage.  

Not a lot going on here today, just enjoying the melt and watching the neighbour's children play in the water running down the street.  I remember the days when DH and DS had toothpick races in the water; maybe I'll suggest he go out and show the kids who's the king of toothpick races.  It must be spring, though, because we saw our first motorcycle rider out yesterday on one of our main streets.  It was pretty funny though, as our streets are a wet, muddy mess, and this fellow had a serious mud stripe running the length of his back and up his helmet.  LOL

@cat shepardHappy Birthday to your sister!

Bon Voyage to all our Daily family who are boarding cruises today!

Although we enjoy pasta, neither of us has really taken to ravioli, so I'll give today's menu suggestion a pass.  When cleaning out the "ice cave" I found a couple of packages of barbecue ribs that I have thawing in the fridge.  I'll put them into the oven to bake for a while and those will be served up with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Ukraine and all who are providing assistance to them.  Extra also for our Daily-ites who are suffering from health related issues.   We'll clink our glasses together to celebrate those on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  I can think of a few that I wouldn’t miss if they were abducted by aliens!  I like happiness day and earth day, will be enjoying it with a walk at Appleton Farm later this morning.  I like the quote by Shaw.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious as does the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events and @cat shepard’s sister on her birthday.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

ill-grab-the-human-you-take-the-cat-o-2015-9750018.png

Good Morning Dailyites!  A sunny...going to get warmer...day, and at 11:33 it will be Spring!  However, it wont feel like spring til later this afternoon.

@grapau27Thank you again for bringing us Father David this week.  I told DH yesterday that if money was not an object, that my dream cruise would be a Cunard over to France, a river cruise from Paris to Normandy, a trip to England, and to sit in your Church and meet Father David.   Not sure about how I want to get back to the States.

@StLouisCruisers I am sorry to read about Gracie's  seizure.  Our cat Grayson who passed away two years ago started having seizures.  An infection in his mouth got to his brain, and well, that was it.  Make sure they get her to a vet this week.  She is one cute pup.

@rafinmdI'm thinking that you should take me off the rotation list because of medical problems.  One, if I would get off my butt, I'd get a new doc (which i will do once these final tests are done) and Two, I think that my health problems are due to aging, and life style.  I cant stop getting older (well I can but I'd rather get older) and I should just not whimper and whine so much.  

The joy of Roku.  Several years ago our TV gave us a message that it was old, and it would no longer work with the cable internet connection, unless we got something done, and my friend told me about how she fixed her TV with Roku.  We had Netflix, but after watching all of the Midsummer Murders, that they had, we saw that we could watch them on Britbox, so we added Britbox, and then I asked DH if there was a way we could watch F1, and we got hooked up to the F1 channel, so I can watch the races when I wanted to.  And because we wanted to watch more of the Olympics than what NBC was showing we hooked up to Peacock.  And Peacock shows Indy, so I can watch racing, when I want, 24/7.  And then I wonder where my days go.....

DH took me out for dinner last night to our favorite restaurant, Louisiana Bistreaux.  It's kind of pricey and we don't go very often.  When we got home it was dark, but I noticed that someone had mown our lawn.  DH was perturbed because he told our "yard man" not to come until he called, but after looking at the lawn, it was not the "yard man", but our neighbor who had mown the lawn.  Mystery solved when I looked out this morning and saw that the yard had been mown almost down to the street, and his yard had been mown, almost down to the street.  Either he ran out of light, or he was feeling unsure on his riding lawn mower on the steep hill.   This would have been the first time he had ever mown the lawn.

I have nick names for all the cats, but I am going to have to change Tazi the Tasmanian Devil, to naming her after a Chinese soup.  She insists on holding me captive under the blankets at night, so I am renaming her Wonton.  Because it feels like she weighs One ton.

looks-like-someone-is-about-to-have-a-close-encounter-13889534.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! It is still dark here, so not sure what the day will look like here. We are supposed to get some rain, but it hasn’t started yet. Bindi is not happy with the time change. She does not like to go out in the morning when it is dark. Right now she is snoring gently next to me on the sofa.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Your cruises sound wonderful!  Morning Dailyites!  Celebrating my Sister’s birthday today. Heading to the gym early, then off to Aldi.

Some random smiles for the first day of Spring!

70D270D3-CB76-41F3-A52D-69A76CFFC13F.jpeg.0854a020f6a9a07bd79c227edcde77ee.jpeg

F4115810-5DDD-4755-834C-454618026993.jpeg.5df441b33e4ef0a8d076cfbc60b20f18.jpeg

Some days are like this….

D6F1CBC7-0B97-4A68-97E9-7D82E398A138.jpeg.241a2b2098645b1e69c0856ec7261daa.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Surrau 2020 Branu (Vermentino di Gallura)
This white sounds so enticing. Perfect for a hot summer day. I have never heard of this type of wine before, so I have to hunt this down. Several online distributors with prices starting at $17.99.

Winemaker Notes

Fresh and crisp, the palate is a mix of citrus, white pepper, green apple and floral notes with salty mineral undertones and just a bitter hint of almond. It is one of the most successful wines made at Surrau and now a benchmark for the Vermentino di Gallura category.

WE93  Wine Enthusiast

This savory, enticing white will transport you to the seaside thanks to aromas that recall Mediterranean brush, white spring wildflowers, a sea breeze and a warm, sandy beach. On the delicious palate, tangy acidity accompanies ripe white peach, lemon drop candy and saline.

Happy birthday to your sister today.

Graham.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1