Do you ever wear heels in the evening?

jhsocal

On 11/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, ninjacat123 said:

If I'm not wearing black, I will wear my rose gold platform heels form Aerosoles (comfy!) and if I'm wearing black my cheapo Apt9 from Kohls (low heel, so comfortable for hours of dancing at weddings which I did recently) and my 20 daughter stole my matching sparkly gold Apt9's so they must be somewhat fashionable😉

No pantyhose, tights etc.

I found those online and I'm tempted. I go to dressy events at home and trying to find out comfy and dressy shoes is hard.

• 2 weeks later...

No heels on cruises for me. I bring 3 pair of Birkenstock Mayori sandals: silver, gold and black patent leather. They are so slim they take up very little space in the luggage also. 

Edited by conwakr
Add name

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, shofer said:

I will wear fancy slacks with glittery tops for "Formal" night and a fancy pair of flip flops I bought for my son's wedding after the heels came off.  No one has ever noticed or mentioned it.

I notice people's shoes all the time, and whatever negative comments I have I keep to myself. I may not like what someone else wears, but I'm not going to comment negatively on it. To each their own.

• Like 6

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 9:56 PM, shofer said:

I will wear fancy slacks with glittery tops for "Formal" night and a fancy pair of flip flops I bought for my son's wedding after the heels came off.  No one has ever noticed or mentioned it.

Sister! I have "formal" flip flops too! (My family laugh about that term.)

• Like 3

I have always worn heels with a dress. On cruises I wear a dress to dinner every night. Our next cruise is August 2024 and it's our first one since the car accident that left me with a rod in my femur and a plate in my foot. I'll still be wearing heels they just won't be the stilettos I love. Have to wear a more platform style as I now can't hold my foot at such a pitch and still support my weight on my ankle🥺😭. I haven't worn panty hose in years though I did like the way they make my legs look.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Truepeacenik said:

My Birkenstocks count, right?

seriously, I’ve not worn a heel in 20 years. And I’m 54. 

I have a silver pair - so chic😂. They are my Taos dress up shoes

• Like 1

I have never understood the appeal of traditional flip flops!! To me they are so uncomfortable and no support. I think some brands like Clarks, Taos and Vionic make supportive flip flops now, but I still don't like anything between my toes! I am always impressed when I see women wearing them all over the ship. I need support. I will wear a high heel but it is always a platform/wedge. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Janie1229 said:

I have never understood the appeal of traditional flip flops!! To me they are so uncomfortable and no support. I think some brands like Clarks, Taos and Vionic make supportive flip flops now, but I still don't like anything between my toes! I am always impressed when I see women wearing them all over the ship. I need support. I will wear a high heel but it is always a platform/wedge. 

I hated flip flops as a kid and I still don’t like that thongy thing.  If it gets a little sand it just rubs your toes raw. 

• Like 1

I love flip flops (thongs in Australia) and wear them whenever possible - which means most of summer except to work and evening going out and even then I have some blingy wedge heel ones that are dressy enough for most occasions

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kristelle said:

I love flip flops (thongs in Australia) and wear them whenever possible - which means most of summer except to work and evening going out and even then I have some blingy wedge heel ones that are dressy enough for most occasions

Love my blingy Vionic!

blingy flipflops.jpg

Love my Sanuk yoga mat flip flops and wear them year-round.  Fortunately the lack of arch support doesn't affect me and the between-the-toes thingy on this brand doesn't cause irritation and blisters like the rubber flip flops of my childhood many, many decades ago.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:53 PM, Mary229 said:

I have a silver pair - so chic😂. They are my Taos dress up shoes

Hi Mary, I have multiple pairs of Taos too. Would you know the name of the silver ones you have?

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Mary, I have multiple pairs of Taos too. Would you know the name of the silver ones you have?

The ones I have are actually from a small hometown boutique.  They are called Anna.  I have had them for a while now. 

• Thanks 1

Always heels on a cruise. Mostly sandals - never worn with hose.

If we're sailing in colder weather I wear closed-toed heels always with tights (hose) or opaque tights. 

Although I now have super comfortable, nice looking leather trainers (not regular running shoes or sneakers) and occasionally those go on with a sundress. Not sure if I'd wear them on a cruise to dinner.

Never flip flops. Ever. 

Edited by mrgabriel

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 5:18 PM, mrgabriel said:

Always heels on a cruise. Mostly sandals - never worn with hose.

If we're sailing in colder weather I wear closed-toed heels always with tights (hose) or opaque tights. 

Although I now have super comfortable, nice looking leather trainers (not regular running shoes or sneakers) and occasionally those go on with a sundress. Not sure if I'd wear them on a cruise to dinner.

Never flip flops. Ever. 

I totally agree with you! I think some "tennies" are cute with a casual dress. I have a pair of Vionic beach sneakers which are super cute and I got them in a soft pink color (they come in lots of different colors too). Oftentimes on cruises I will wear a casual dress/sundress during the day especially if I am not going on a "sporty" adventure and doing more walking around (I find dresses cooler too). 

I always wear a dressier shoe in the evening. I have some really pretty Michael Kors wedge sandals that are a soft gold color and go with almost everything. Also have some black wedge/platform sandals. I love a heel but will not wear the traditional stiletto again with the sharp angle and no support.

AND NO HOSE! I haven't worn traditional hose in probably 30 years or more! I do wear tights in the fall/winter sometimes with a casual dress and booties. 

Has anyone tried Fly London shoes? They have some dressier looking shoes that are really comfortable and supportive. 

Edited by Janie1229

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a new pair of heels for my upcoming cruises. I can never find wedges I like and nothing with a block heel fit me so I got a lower stiletto. Really comfy heel from Clark’s and low enough that I can walk and dance for a while. I’ll wear hose just so they are comfier to break in on this next cruise.