Do you ever wear heels in the evening?

jhsocal

On 7/30/2023 at 3:42 PM, Janie1229 said:

@Mary229 I just discovered the joys of Taos sandals/shoes! I am very careful these days choosing shoes as I had issues last year with plantar fasciitis. I think Taos has some very comfortable and cute shoes. Same with Clarks.

Stinkin' Plantar Fasciitis.  I've been dealing with it since I was about 40, and -- through trial and error -- I've created a set of rules.  As long as I obey these rules, I have no problems: 

- Shoes must have a strong arch support 

- Shoes must have a supportive foot bed /an indent for my heel to fit into /cannot be flat 

- If we're talking about sandals, the straps need to be "high" /up near my ankle instead of down by the toes 

I do still wear heels to church, out to dinner or other places where I'll just be walking in and sitting down -- but I wouldn't wear them anywhere I'll be walking.  

On 7/30/2023 at 3:45 PM, Janie1229 said:

I have never understood the appeal of traditional flip flops!! To me they are so uncomfortable and no support. I think some brands like Clarks, Taos and Vionic make supportive flip flops now, but I still don't like anything between my toes! I am always impressed when I see women wearing them all over the ship. I need support. I will wear a high heel but it is always a platform/wedge. 

I like Vionics, but they're so expensive.  To anyone who's never worn them, they tend to run small!  Don't order them over the internet -- at least not your first pair.  

I also adore Chacos for supportive /walking sandals. 

On 8/13/2023 at 5:45 AM, Janie1229 said:

I totally agree with you! I think some "tennies" are cute with a casual dress. I have a pair of Vionic beach sneakers which are super cute and I got them in a soft pink color

Yes!  I like little white Keds or Vans (with my orthopedic insert) with a tee-dress.  Now I want a pair in soft pink!  

On 9/4/2023 at 2:11 PM, SoloAlaska said:

I just got a new pair of heels for my upcoming cruises. I can never find wedges I like and nothing with a block heel fit me so I got a lower stiletto. Really comfy heel from Clark’s and low enough that I can walk and dance for a while. I’ll wear hose just so they are comfier to break in on this next cruise.

Lower stilettos?  That's a thing?  

On 9/4/2023 at 11:15 AM, awhfy said:

I bought a really comfortable pair of sparkly wedges from DSW (Kelly&Kate brand) for a recent wedding. I was amazed how comfy they were, they’ve been added to my cruise bag

❤️ Kelly & Katie!

Edited by 57redbird
typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, islandgirlejfan said:

LOL, what are these heels you speak of?🤣  I think the last time I wore an actual heel with size, I was dancing to Night Fever in the late 70's with a satin jumpsuit on.....I was in my late teens back then!  Had a pair of J. Renee's for my oldest son's rehearsal dinner that were amazing, a bout of vertigo ended wearing those so it's been flats since then....that was 2007.  I'm not sure when the last time I had stockings on was...probably my youngest son's wedding in 2015.  Slacks rule the day for me....at work and on cruises.  🙂  This 60 year old is doing orthopedic shoes these days, sadly.  I haven't found any nice enough for my upcoming cruise though.  

I had to laugh! Your post could have been written by me.   I found the most incredible dress wedge!  Mephisto Lissandra. Even I can wear them on a cruise! I am 70 and a big girl. These are so cute that my 18 year old GD borrows them.

20 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

I had to laugh! Your post could have been written by me.   I found the most incredible dress wedge!  Mephisto Lissandra. Even I can wear them on a cruise! I am 70 and a big girl. These are so cute that my 18 year old GD borrows them.

Those are cute and for the $$$ price they better be good.

7 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I try a dress on barefoot, the dress hangs on my body in a different way than when I am wearing a heel.  For me, I feel like the dress hangs better on my body when I wear heels.  Who knew I was a Barbie in real life🤣

Same with my palazzo pants, and other evening trousers.

I am currently stuck with flats, due to peripheral neuropathy. But the goal of getting back into heels, and therefore all my favorite dresses, is what keeps me doing my PT every day, and taking all my meds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shipgeeks said:

Same with my palazzo pants, and other evening trousers.

I am currently stuck with flats, due to peripheral neuropathy. But the goal of getting back into heels, and therefore all my favorite dresses, is what keeps me doing my PT every day, and taking all my meds.

Yes!  Pants have the same "hang" thing as a dress. Good job doing your PT!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 6:59 AM, Harry Lake said:

And they're really not in fashion any more.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:23 AM, ninjacat123 said:

That is subjective, but we knew that already😉

On 11/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, Harry Lake said:

Ah, so you're not really into fashion. That's cool.

Harry Lake I subscribe to Vogue , Marie Claire, Style and various other on-line fashion websites and you are so wrong with this. Heels of various heights are in though kitten heels is very popular lately.

If you don';t wish to wear heels that is fine and I understand some people can't but to claim it isn't fashionable is so ludicrous. I am into kitten heels lately but I also have some higher ones for occasional wear when I know I will be sitting down most of the time.

For context I had bilateral bunion surgery, have had issues with Morton's Neuroma and Planter Fasciitis over the years so I do have some concept of pain and difficulties.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ah heels.... my 'Don't I look good sitiin' down shoes'.  I love them, but every time I put them on, I don't make it from my closet to the bedroom door without retreating to change to a ballerina flat, skimmer or wedge.  I have a crazy cute pair of leopard print peep-toe pumps that I want to bring on my next cruise, or will I relent, and pack the leopard print skimmers.... hmmm... who will win?? 😆

• Haha 1

I had to think what I wore on the Eurodam back in April/May:  My black zip-up "Doc Marten"-style booties are what I took.  Worked great with my Little Black Dress that I wore one night to the Asian restaurant.  The rest of the time my trail runners were worn in the buffet (never went to the MDR).  

About Taos footwear:  I just bought a pair of the white leather zip-up high-tops!  Made their debut in Palm Springs for every meal and everywhere we went.  They will surely be going with my Little Black Dress (and others) this Summer (hopefully in Spain or Italy again).   My feet refuse to be put anything with bling 😏

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LarsenPNP said:

Ah heels.... my 'Don't I look good sitiin' down shoes'.  I love them, but every time I put them on, I don't make it from my closet to the bedroom door without retreating to change to a ballerina flat, skimmer or wedge.  I have a crazy cute pair of leopard print peep-toe pumps that I want to bring on my next cruise, or will I relent, and pack the leopard print skimmers.... hmmm... who will win?? 😆

In my circles, they're known as "Taxi" shoes, or another, significantly less polite, epithet. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 9:55 PM, Carolfay said:

Heels?  Yes, always.  As long as I'm able to strut my stuff.

You go girl! Strut when you can, cause sooner than expected your stuff falls! I’m turning 79 next week, if I’d do it all over again (2 decades of cruising) I’d play the dress up game! But darn it, playing how little to pack, is where I’m at now. 

• Like 2