Mystery: Vision of the Seas, her name painted over, at anchor in Saint Martin 3/30/22

LAKaye

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was Rhapsody...and has been for a couple of years.  

Ship must be moving at tremendous speeds now, People can't tell when it's docked or anchored off shore.

https://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com/

click where it says 91.9Fm and you can hear the music.....just like I'm sitting on the beach now.

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was Rhapsody...and has been for a couple of years.  

Agree, been watching her since back then. Map usually shows off coast anchored then every wk comes in and watch her on Live Cam Docked

• Like 2

Hello All - great to read all of your responses.

I can't yet seem to get my photos onto the laptop to post for you.  I'll keep working on that.

Again, the Rhapsody is right in front of the Jewel on the pier.  The Vision is at anchor out in the water - apologies for saying it was in the bay.  I don't know where the bay ends and the ocean begins.  Also I stink at judging distance.

It is most definitely the Vision.  I know all of the Vision class ships, and I can tell the difference between the Grandeur and her two cousins the Rhapsody and the Vision.  

I will work on the photo situation.

BBL

48 minutes ago, LAKaye said:

I can't yet seem to get my photos onto the laptop to post for you.  I'll keep working on that.

Again, the Rhapsody is right in front of the Jewel on the pier.  The Vision is at anchor out in the water - apologies for saying it was in the bay.  I don't know where the bay ends and the ocean begins.  Also I stink at judging distance.

It is most definitely the Vision.  I know all of the Vision class ships, and I can tell the difference between the Grandeur and her two cousins the Rhapsody and the Vision.  

BBL

The Vision's itinerary has it at sea today and in Costa Rica tomorrow.

See post #60.

Edited by BND

57 minutes ago, LAKaye said:

BBL

And the mystery continues into another gear.................... I can't view the photo's maybe other's can repost it.

Edited by Jimbo

Vision of the Seas left Port Everglades on 3/28 @ 2030 UTC / 1630 EDT... As others have said, it's currently west of Cuba.

Rhapsody did a round trip from her anchor point south of the airport to the pier and back within the last 48 hours...

I don't use CruiseMapper -- MarineTraffic.com clearly shows the track for ROTS doing it's pier visit, as well as the current course hits on AIS for VOTS.

VOTS.jpg

ROTS.jpg

Edited by Lane Hog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lane Hog said:

Vision of the Seas left Port Everglades on 3/28 @ 2030 UTC / 1630 EDT... As others have said, it's currently west of Cuba.

Rhapsody did a round trip from her anchor point south of the airport to the pier and back within the last 48 hours...

I don't use CruiseMapper -- MarineTraffic.com clearly shows the track for ROTS doing it's pier visit, as well as the current course hits on AIS for VOTS.

I also checked marine traffic and while Vision shows as "out of range"-which it wouldn't near St. Maarten, it also shows it left FL and is due in Costa Rica tomorrow.

The OP is gonna keep digging her heels in even though there's absolutely no way that Vision is in St. Maarten.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Could it be Legend or Splendour?  Wouldn't explain the Anchor logo but nothing else makes sense

Legend and Splendour did not have the slanted smoke stack at the aft end of the ship.  Also, the Legend and Splendour were the only two of the 6 in Vision class that had three decks of aft staterooms.  Today's ship had only the two decks.

Edited by LAKaye
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

I’m sorry it’s sideways but here is a picture of Rhapsody off the coast of St Marten on 3/21.  We were on a snorkel trip and our boat took a loop out around her so I’m sure which ship it is.  

092FE707-90BC-453B-BD49-43524B6F6A58.thumb.jpeg.b2f9e08b3d2fc95d66f84e639e725200.jpeg

Yes, and today the Rhapsody was tied up at the same pier as the Jewel, the ship I am on now.  Interesting goings on.  😊

Edited by LAKaye

OMG ... wait .. wait !!    She can't be in St. Maarten .. i just saw her crossing the Long Island Sound like 2 hours ago !!   I'm SURE it was Vision!

Edited by F27TW