Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

14 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Um…no. I’m not. These are clearly Disney add-ons and I’ve sailed on these 3/4 nighters from PC. As others have said, they’re not party cruises. I was on Indy for 4th of July last year. Felt no different from a week-long from Florida. 

You don't have a clue 😉

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd imagine that the 3 night Indy sailing before (or after) your 4 nighter probably had a different vibe. I've seen that on 3/4 sailings on Carnival. The shorter weekend component is a little more of a party crowd. The 4 night cruise, since those people would need to miss most of a conventional work week, tends to be more like what you'd experience on  a 7 night cruise.

Tom

I went on the 3-nighter 7/1/22-7/4/22. Felt no different than a 7 nighter. A ton of families with kids wearing mouse ears and some groups with older people without kids. No groups of people in their 20s. 

They are putting in a ship with slides and a literal playground in addition to another ship with slides and a literal playground. It’s clear who the target demographic is from PC. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 2

Just now, rockmom said:

Since it is a full day of flying for me (6 hours, plus the 3 hour time difference on the way there) I like the 4 nighters if I can't take more than a week off.  I fly in on Saturday, enjoy Coco Beach (or Fort Lauderdale or Miami) for a day, then sail.  I can decide to fly home immediately following the cruise, or not until Saturday which still gives me a day at home to do laundry and get ready for the work week.  I have a couple of these coming up later this year on Indy and Allure.  Even if I don't get off the ship, it's a very relaxing week.  

I guess that makes sense - the 4 day gives people some days to start and finish their vacations without the stress. The 3 day still requires people to take time off work but they get less sailing days. 

I wish they'd hit up somewhere besides Nassau. At least switch it up every other sailing. 

Have done many of the 3 night cruises. Really not substantially different of an environment than other cruises. 

They aren’t cheap anymore. It’s not like it’s really affordable for young people to take a booze cruise on an old ship unless it’s Liberty in the winter or CCL. 

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I guess that makes sense - the 4 day gives people some days to start and finish their vacations without the stress. The 3 day still requires people to take time off work but they get less sailing days. 

I wish they'd hit up somewhere besides Nassau. At least switch it up every other sailing. 

I usually stay on the ship, especially if sailing solo.  Going with friends in Dec, so we bought Baha Bay waterpark.  

• Like 1

3 Nights Friday-Monday

4 Nights Monday-Friday

That's just ugly. Not adding doing an add-on to a 7 night cruise with the 3 nighter. If you are already doing a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun 7 nighter you are just better off doing a B2B on that ship vs a whole week off for a 4 nighter.

Ugly, just ugly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NightOne said:

3 Nights Friday-Monday

4 Nights Monday-Friday

That's just ugly. Not adding doing an add-on to a 7 night cruise with the 3 nighter. If you are already doing a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun 7 nighter you are just better off doing a B2B on that ship vs a whole week off for a 4 nighter.

Ugly, just ugly.

That's the quintessential 3/4 rotation. 

The biggest and boldest weekend occurs over the weekend, Friday to Monday.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Said the person who swore that this ship would never do a 3 / 4 night itinerary.🤣

There were MANY of those on the "other" social media site also.  Also lots who said no way she would be sailing from PC

• Like 7

Just now, NightOne said:

Still ugly when trying to do side to sides 🙂

Adventure has Friday departures.  S2S Adventure to Utopia.

Or, gasp!, spend a night in a hotel in between Wonder and Utopia.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Actually I take it back.

Apparently, it is me that doesn't have a clue what Royal is trying to accomplish with this move. 🙂

My apologies.

No offense... but you've been continually wrong with everything you post.  You should not be demeaning other posters with your track record.  

Everyone (but you?) knew Utopia was going to be doing the 3/4 night cruises with Friday and Monday sail dates for the past month.  You coming on these boards acting like this is surprising news makes you look foolish.  

Edited by uncwmark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I thought the same thing but I guess it makes sense. There are now more Oasis-class ships than any other class so it was only a matter of time. I am mildly surprised that they didn't send one of the older Oasis ships but then again, it makes sense. I can't speak from experience as I've never done a 3/4 night but the impression I've gotten is that they are a lot of first timers / budget-minded / party people type cruisers. And what better way to convert first timers to repeat customers than giving them the biggest & best ship, which also happens to have plenty of places for the party people to hang out.

And if I'm wrong about the demographics of the 3/4's, I'm sure some of the more experienced cruises can correct me 🙂

One of the older Oasis ships is doing the exact same itinerary at the same time, just from Miami. We are booked on Allure 3/4 out of Miami next August.  2 Oasis class ships doing 3/4 day cruises at the same time to the same places, must be an anticipated huge revenue maker.  We don't fit the perceived 3/4 party crowd as we are older, kids grown and married, no grand kids.  Except that we fit the projected passenger profile that will spend dollars on Coco Cay.  We booked it because we just wanted beaches and a suite on Allure with Coco Cay x2 and Nassau x 2 was cheaper than a week in an All Inclusive beach resort.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, uncwmark said:

No offense... but you've been continually wrong with everything you post.  You should not be demeaning other posters with your track record.  

Everyone (but you?) knew Utopia was going to be doing the 3/4 night cruises with Friday and Monday sail dates for the past month.  You coming on these boards acting like this is surprising news makes you look not credible in the least.  

Continually wrong? Maybe in this thread which was mainly a speculation thread anyway.

Elsewhere, not so much.

You happy?

2 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

One of the older Oasis ships is doing the exact same itinerary at the same time, just from Miami. We are booked on Allure 3/4 out of Miami next August.

Allure is doing them from PC before Utopia takes its place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It’s not like it’s really affordable for young people to take a booze cruise on an old ship unless it’s Liberty in the winter

My first cruise was on Liberty back when she was brand new in 2008. At that time, biggest ship in the fleet as Oasis was still a year or so away. When Liberty started doing short cruises, I thought what a waste of a perfectly good ship.  Obviously, Royal knows better but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that today's Liberty is like yesteryear Monarch/Majesty. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My first cruise was on Liberty back when she was brand new in 2008. At that time, biggest ship in the fleet as Oasis was still a year or so away. When Liberty started doing short cruises, I thought what a waste of a perfectly good ship.  Obviously, Royal knows better but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that today's Liberty is like yesteryear Monarch/Majesty. 😁

My 1st was on Voyager when she was new-ish in 2002, never sailed anything smaller for a while. Then we went on a cheap Enchantment 4-nighter just to get the 4 pts we needed for Diamond. Couldn't believe there was no promenade. 🤣

• Like 1