Utopia of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

• 2 weeks later...

Those double-decker bridge wings are going to look strange. Oasis of the Seas looks a bit weird since having the deck of windows added above the bridge. See before/after below. But Utopia will have the Solarium dome break up this upper deck of windows so they are only above the bridge wings. Very odd. 

ScreenShot2023-10-16at10_42_33AM.thumb.png.64b616179d067a8ce3e14ea660f6a9bc.pngScreenShot2023-10-16at10_41_53AM.thumb.png.3a3826f3f2766b81557c8362afb448cf.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Don't know if already mentioned,  but the Utopia's Ultimate Abyss slide is going to get some upgrades.

I imagine that this will be to reclaim the title of ‘Longest Slide at Sea’ from MSC. Their Venom Drop slide on World Europa   beat the ‘old’ abyss for this title.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, topanga49er said:

My guess is those # are just placeholders.  Sure to come down at Black Friday pricing.  Hopefully...

Just an FYI.   Those outrageous numbers for Coco Cay never came down on Black Friday, and they are still triple what we paid Black Friday for our cruise this month.   Still looking for Coco Cay drops for our August cruise.

On 1/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, h20skibum said:

Just an FYI.   Those outrageous numbers for Coco Cay never came down on Black Friday, and they are still triple what we paid Black Friday for our cruise this month.   Still looking for Coco Cay drops for our August cruise.

Keep looking -- our daughter got Water Park tickets for their late March cruise on Wonder during the Black Friday sale but during a subsequent sale, the prices went down and she got the cheaper price for all 5 of them.  Their week is Easter week -- high pressure on prices and passengers just like August.    

I booked a facial for our late August Utopia cruise during Black Friday but will keep checking prices.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

Back to the Future Musical onboard??

That's what his hint sounds like to me, but I could be wrong. 

I know that they are working on the shows for Utopia now, since Icon has launched. I think that it's much too early to be getting hints for Star. 

In December he released the set list for Aqua 80's Two. He didn't say that was for Utopia, but I think it is. If Utopia got BTTF it would continue the 80's theme.

Having been a teenager in the 80's, this is really exciting to me. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

As someone already in the process of booking Utopia, one mention of the Back to the Future possibility made my wife say "Then we're booking Utopia." 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As someone already in the process of booking Utopia, one mention of the Back to the Future possibility made my wife say "Then we're booking Utopia." 🤣

I'm booked with the group. Feb 2025. So have to wait. I see some good balcony prices for sept 2025. Dp340 code isnt working, not sure if blacked out for sept or just their online site. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked with the group. Feb 2025. So have to wait. I see some good balcony prices for sept 2025. Dp340 code isnt working, not sure if blacked out for sept or just their online site. 

You'll be on her before I will. I'm up to booking Summer 2025 and Spring 2026 (at yes, not great prices, but we're locked into the school schedule so it is what it is).

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You'll be on her before I will. I'm up to booking Summer 2025 and Spring 2026 (at yes, not great prices, but we're locked into the school schedule so it is what it is).

I dont think dates matter, all the prices are high. I am looking same general time frame. Let me know if you find some good deals. Utopia actually doesnt look bad on a per day basis vs star lol. It's about the same price for 4 days as adventure for a few extra days. Not easy to decide for me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Let me know if you find some good deals.

I will but I'm likely just booking group rates and forgetting about it. I found last minute deals to squeeze into October the past two years that included one random day when my wife's school was closed (in-service day or teacher non-workday or whatever) but beyond that I'm just assuming there won't really be any for our restricted schedule.

I dont think dates matter, all the prices are high.

You're probably right but they mattered before this latest release, even for me. My Spring Break 2024 and 2025 Wonder cruises are significantly cheaper (percentage-wise) than my June and July 2024 Wonder cruises (same cabin type, group, etc.). Summer 2025 and Spring Break 2026 on Utopia are virtually identical.

Utopia actually doesnt look bad on a per day basis vs star lol

Yeah, I went over the rates I priced for a few different ships with my wife and she asked about Star... which I left out for obvious reasons.

Edited by OCSC Mike

On 3/3/2024 at 11:44 AM, Diana68 said:

That's what his hint sounds like to me, but I could be wrong. 

I know that they are working on the shows for Utopia now, since Icon has launched. I think that it's much too early to be getting hints for Star. 

In December he released the set list for Aqua 80's Two. He didn't say that was for Utopia, but I think it is. If Utopia got BTTF it would continue the 80's theme.

Having been a teenager in the 80's, this is really exciting to me. 

I believe Aqua80 2 (or whatever they will call it) will be on Utopia as well. Add Back to the Future, and I am even more excited. All they need now is an 80's themed show in Studio B! One can dream.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...