Is it true? MoveUp question

akronmaid

If I submit a bid to move up to the Royal Suite and it is accepted, is it true that I won't get the perks that come with it?

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free specialty restaurants

Free internet, etc.

42 minutes ago, akronmaid said:

If I submit a bid to move up to the Royal Suite and it is accepted, is it true that I won't get the perks that come with it?

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free internet, etc.

enjoy the retreat

That is not correct you will have access to the Retreat & Luminae, bar set up unlimited specialty dining & laundry.  What you won’t get is the OBC for a Suite, the  captains Club points for a RS and you will keep any beverage package and internet with your current booking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akronmaid said:

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free internet, etc.

What type of Cabin or suite did you have before you got the move up to RS. 

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

That is not correct you will have access to the Retreat & Luminae, bar set up unlimited specialty dining & laundry.  What you won’t get is the OBC for a Suite, the  captains Club points for a RS and you will keep any beverage package and internet with your current booking.

Hello,

Here is a copy of the The Retreat page of the X website:

*Guests who book The Retreat® on or after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. Excludes guests who book The Retreat with special fares or a MoveUp upgrade from a non-suite stateroom.

So this tells me that if you didn't have a drinks package before you upgraded, you won't get one as part of the upgrade and so you will have to buy one in addition.

Regards,

Cublet

6 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

What type of Cabin or suite did you have before you got the move up to RS. 

Hello,

Somewhere on this site I read that invitations to upgrade will only include up to two grades above the one that you current have. I'm not saying it's true, just repeating it.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Somewhere on this site I read that invitations to upgrade will only include up to two grades above the one that you current have. I'm not saying it's true, just repeating it.

Regards,

Cublet

We have received an invite for several cabins above, that is we are in a verandah currently and our invite included every level from Concierge through Royal Suite.

bon voyage

• Like 2

In my situation I booked a Sky Suite and did 2 move up bids. One for a RS and the other for a PH. I already have the 4 perks from booking the Sky Suite. If I was booked in Aqua my perks would be different than what is standard for suite class.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, akronmaid said:

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free internet, etc.

That is not entirely true -

You keep your original perks - e.g. Internet, OBC, Tips Drink Package

You get the amenities  that come with the room

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free Bar Setup (2 bottles of Liquor of your choice, beers and premium water.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

This correct, when we were upgraded from Aqua to Royal Suite we got all the perks. 

The only thing we did not get were thr RS Captains Club points, we only got the 5 per night as per Aqua Class. 

David and Caroline 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcb1000 said:

This correct, when we were upgraded from Aqua to Royal Suite we got all the perks. 

The only thing we did not get were thr RS Captains Club points, we only got the 5 per night as per Aqua Class. 

David and Caroline 

I apologize if I have already asked you this question.  Had you previous upgraded yourself to the Indulge package or did you just have the AI  package with your Aqua Class booking?   Did you have the Premium Drink package, Straming internet, and OBC as part of your Aqua Class booking?

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

I apologize if I have already asked you this question.  Had you previous upgraded yourself to the Indulge package or did you just have the AI  package with your Aqua Class booking?   Did you have the Premium Drink package, Straming internet, and OBC as part of your Aqua Class booking?

This was before the indudge package. We had a classic drinks package, but when we were upgraded we were given the premium package and streaming wifi, along with bar set up, re stocked mini bar, complimentary speciality dining and free laundry. 

Basically we got all the suite perks, about a 2 weeks before the shoreside concierge contacted us to enquirie our bar set up preferences. 

David 

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

We were in a SS last week on Edge and our Move-up options included every cabin category above it, CS, RS, EV, PS, IS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

This is the correct way to look at it and the MoveUp bidding website can be misleading a bit when you are going from a non-suite or any guarantee level booking to an upper level suite RS. The upper suites have room “amenities” and the booking has “perks”. You get the room “amenities” regardless of how you worked your way up to the room, but the “perks” come from your original booking.

The website makes it sound like when your bid is accepted for an RS or up that you get premium bvg, and that’s not necessarily the case.

The big unknown is what the Retreat bartender will pour you - some are going to be more particular about checking your pkg than others.

We confirmed all this with Celebrity because in January we were considering an upgrade bid from a regular verandah to a suite, vs using Elite discounts to upgrade wi-fi and bvg pkg. It rapidly became a game of what is it worth.

18 hours ago, akronmaid said:

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free internet, etc.

Yes. We did move up to penthouse, which has same perks

43 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

The website makes it sound like when your bid is accepted for an RS or up that you get premium bvg, and that’s not necessarily the case.

The big unknown is what the Retreat bartender will pour you - some are going to be more particular about checking your pkg than others.

We confirmed all this with Celebrity because in January we were considering an upgrade bid from a regular verandah to a suite, vs using Elite discounts to upgrade wi-fi and bvg pkg. It rapidly became a game of what is it worth.

I was under the impression that during the hours the lounge was serving alcoholic beverages, suite guests would be served drinks without regard to what drink package they had.  On our last cruise, I certainly never saw any bartenders or wait staff checking cards or anything of the sort.  

Edited by Mark_K
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I was under the impression that during the hours the lounge was serving alcoholic beverages, suite guests would be served drinks without regard to what drink package they had.  On our last cruise, I certainly never saw any bartenders or wait staff checking cards or anything of the sort.  

Well yes, mostly. I have known them to have you sign for the overage if you order something special, over the limit, but whether that was over the premium limit only, I don’t know. For anything that is stocked in the Retreat Lounge, I think you are correct, but for special liquors or wines over the limit, I’m not so sure.

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, akronmaid said:

For Example:

Access to Retreat

Free Laundry

Free internet, etc.

"I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as the result of my upgrade (except for bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites, which will receive amenity inclusion of the Premium Beverage Package and Premium Wifi)."  -- from moveup bid

28 minutes ago, JBibs said:

"I acknowledge that I will keep the same amenities that I have on my current booking; no additional amenities will be added as the result of my upgrade (except for bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites, which will receive amenity inclusion of the Premium Beverage Package and Premium Wifi)."  -- from moveup bid

The question was asked well over a 18 months ago.  Hopefully the poster won the MU bid and enjoyed the cruise.

On 4/7/2022 at 4:59 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

deleted

Edited by seasoon