Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know it must really be tough.   I wish they would give you 2 connecting rooms so you wouldn't feel so cramped.   We have never discussed what we would do if one of us tested positive.  Will have to have that discussion this evening. 

Hopefully we can all keep you entrained during your "Solitary Confinement"

Thanks for the kind words. We did have to make a spur of the moment decision when the test results came back but I travel a lot for work so not something unusual for us to be apart. 

Definitely have that conversation but more importantly stay healthy and maybe I'll see you when I'm all better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, jetblue said:

They asked if I needed anything, I declined, but not sure what they even have to offer. I think my symptoms are pretty mild so they probably aren't that concerned.

Wishing you a mild and speedy recovery.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jetblue said:

They asked if I needed anything, I declined, but not sure what they even have to offer. I think my symptoms are pretty mild so they probably aren't that concerned.

They didn't offer you any of these tablet treatments that have been approved. These that can cut the infection time.

@jetblue I’m so sorry at your news. Thank you for doing the right thing. I hope you recover quickly and test negative at the earliest possible time.  I would have hoped Celebrity could have done better than Deck 3 for isolation cabins.  And I hope that @Stteenvoernremains healthy. 

My wife and I have sailed twice since the restart. We did have “the discussion” about what we’d do if one of us tested positive, and agreed that only that person would go into isolation, for two reasons.  First, to minimize the chance of the other person being infected, and second, to have that person available as an outside advocate, helper, etc. should one be needed. 

All the best to you both. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jetblue said:

13 night transatlantic and today is day 6.

Bummer...at most you will get 2 days out of isolation.  Hopefully you get moved to a balcony at least till then.  Speedy recovery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Julma said:

This may be where your husband can help, since he can be out and about.  A loud, firm voice (not yelling) may get attention.  I'm sure they would like to keep other passengers, especially suite passengers from hearing too much about having to be moved to Deck 3 with no fresh air because you did the right thing and reported Covid symptoms.  

No worries. Hubby is on it! 🙂

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Stteenvoern said:

Thanks for the support to myself and hubby.

We, like many (but clearly not all), try to be decent people and do the right thing for our fellow guests and the fabulous crew. 

It sucks, no doubt, but a small price to pay to ensure everyone else's health and safety. 

Love you honey! ❤️

I thought most if not all would be socially responsible and self report to protect others.  Obviously I'm wrong.    It's a good warning to protect yourself by washing frequently and at least social distance.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

Since I was in a suite prior to this, I can order from basically anywhere, Luminae on down. It's funny you mention drinks because when I got to the room there were no liquids at all. I finally got them to send me a whole case of water, don't want to dehydrate. They also mentioned I could order bar drinks but not really in the mood for that, maybe if I start feeling better.

Just received a wellness call from my retreat concierge and from guest relations, so we'll see how often that happens.

How did they explain not giving you a balcony?  This is awful.  I am so sorry.  

• Like 1

We all know that testing positive onboard is a risk that we all take while cruising, but many do not think it will really happen until it does.  Thank you for handling this so well, along with being a voice for the rest of us who choose to cruise.  Personally, I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen on a TA.  All of us need to have a plan if this happens to one of us, knowing what the protocol is onboard and own own rights as a passenger. Thank you for sharing information with all of us, along with having such a good attitude.  It is what it is; all of us need to be concerned of this happening, but not dwell on it.  I hope you get out of isolation ASAP and that you get to enjoy some time in Europe, so all is not lost.  Many thanks for posting and sharing your quarantine with us.  I have a b2b/TA in October.

Well wishes coming your way; you and your hubby to get together soon.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

She did not lose her suite as her husband is still in it.   She is also not in an inside cabin but is in a ocean view.   She will also receive credit for all of her days in isolation.   It’s wonderful she can forward with her symptoms, not everyone is as ethical.   

OP is a he (signed his post David).

• Like 9

Sending good thoughts your way. Stay hydrated. I got Covid from my end of March Edge cruise. There was no way I could have laid low and hidden my condition, 2 and half days of complete yucky. Hope your symptoms are mild and short-lived!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

Thanks for the kind words. We did have to make a spur of the moment decision when the test results came back but I travel a lot for work so not something unusual for us to be apart. 

Definitely have that conversation but more importantly stay healthy and maybe I'll see you when I'm all better.

My wonderful caring husband of 32 years said hell yea I'm staying in the RS but If I test your coming with me.   LOL.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 56

7 minutes ago, hiccups said:

OP is a he (signed his post David).

OP is using husband David’s CC account.

My husband decided to stay in our original room to hopefully avoid catching anything but he will be required to take a test every day and stay masked up in public areas around the ship. All his food and drink must beconsumed in his cabin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Sending good thoughts your way. Stay hydrated. I got Covid from my end of March Edge cruise. There was no way I could have laid low and hidden my condition, 2 and half days of complete yucky. Hope your symptoms are mild and short-lived!

I was wondering how anyone could hide this even if they wanted to. Room stewards make two visits a day and if you’re in the Retreat your butler will be making daily contact. Don’t see how anyone could hide or why they would want to place others health in jeopardy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

OP is using husband David’s CC account.

My husband decided to stay in our original room to hopefully avoid catching anything but he will be required to take a test every day and stay masked up in public areas around the ship. All his food and drink must beconsumed in his cabin.

This is a Gay Married Couple, both are a "he" 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My wonderful caring husband of 32 years said hell yea I'm staying in the RS but If I test your coming with me.   LOL.  

I somewhat agree with splitting up, to have an advocate on the “outside”..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

How did they explain not giving you a balcony?  This is awful.  I am so sorry.  

They haven't really explained it but I assume they are full of quarantine cabins on deck 6 as another person posted. Hopefully I'll get moved at some point if someone else gets better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1