The Daily for Sunday 04/24/2022

richwmn

Today is National Pet Parent's Day, National Pet Parent's Day, and New Kids on the Block Day

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.--Terry Pratchett, Diggers

Meal Suggestion for today - Turkey Linguine with Tomato Cream Sauce
Drink of the Day - Tres Gen Tequila Paloma
Wine of the Day - Famille Lançon 2018 La Solitude Red (Côtes du Rh
Destination of the Day - Parintins, Brazil

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Pacific

Eurodam   Destination San Diego, Califor
Koningsdam   Vancouver, BC CA
Zuiderdam   Destination Victoria BC, Vanco

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico

Nieuw Amsterdam   07:00 - 17:00

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Noordam   - 18:00

Horta, Faial Island, Azores

Rotterdam   10:00 - 18:00

Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores

Nieuw Statendam   10:00 - 23:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Catania, IT

Oosterdam  

Long Beach, CA US

Westerdam   Operations off Shore

Stirrup Cay

Zaandam   Anchorage

0424World.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

It's supposed to get up to 24C this afternoon, spring for a day!  I'll get out and enjoy it.

I guess I'm a pet parent, but Jim and I refer to ourselves as Bertie's people.  We love having a furry friend in our lives.  Sorry, not a fan of New Kids on the Block, wonder why they get a day?

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty.

I've never been to Brazil, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for our world.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich and the sermon Graham.  I guess a double salute to Pet Parents is in order but not a fan of New Kids on the Block.  I like the quote and have been to Parintins a time or two.  The meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Garden Bounty, Turkey Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Nieuw Statendam April 24, 2019:

dishes24.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP Oren Hatch
Strength for Jacqui

Strength for smitty34867
 Cruzin Terri and DH with covid at sea
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after stroke
msmayor daughter recovering from gall bladder surgery
Knee replacement for Ryan
From the rotation:
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Ukraine
Jen slow recovery from fall

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Noordam in Everglades

nd0424.thumb.JPG.1538054cfa0470a221b3e7c

Volendam housing refugees
8 BHB with guests
summer slope with DD and DGS
Dismomx5 headed to Cairo to meet new toddler and baby born
Cruzin Terri gaining appetite
Mamaofami’s daughter taking Sam out
msmayor daughter back home and feeling better
Bon Voyage Norseh2o (Regatta to 5/1)
Bon Voyage leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)
 Cruzin Terri (Nautica  to 5 /5), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 12

Good afternoon.

It is 55°F and sunny.

It was a lovely church service this morning and only a couple of people wearing masks.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for today's lists.

I have been a pet parent in the past but not presently.

I try to keep an Open mind most of the time.

Food sounds nice but will give the drink a miss.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who they might help.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220424_114912.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Here’s to pet parents who have very important responsibilities.  My time was before New Kids on the Block so I don’t know a thing about them.  The meal suggestion sounds tasty as does the wine.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  I hope everyone celebrating happy events has a wonderful day!

• Like 29

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Just a lovely morning here, though already breezy. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites. Off to the gym, then a bit of grocery shopping, then more outside work. 

Sunday smiles….

D3D26697-DBCA-4A3E-8D0A-F2884BB6B7A4.jpeg.b56a61d13cc8a21abd65eb63499944e2.jpeg

B4C57154-F31C-48E9-A872-795E821B58AF.jpeg.45db0acd15280cb2fff03f23f52e334c.jpeg

460E059C-D54B-4ADA-9BA6-43BA0F5E1139.jpeg.39286b41c0e1dda5d2f71133b12d33e2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Famille Lançon 2018 La Solitude 

Though the 2018 vintage might be a bit hard to find, the good news is that all released vintages share the same excellent ratings. I was first introduced to this wine on a BHB, so it brings back fond memories. A few online distributors with prices starting at $18.99.

Winemaker Notes

"A nose of a bouquet of garrigue and red fruits. Roundness on the palate, balanced with a nice sweetness, with aromas of cocoa and morello cherry, with a long and suave licorice finish. Blend: 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre"

WE90 Wine Enthusiast

Delicate whiffs of singed anise and peppercorns accent bright red-plum and black-cherry flavors in this easy-drinking but refined red. A freshly concentrated blend of 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah and 10% Mourvèdre, it's a juicy wine edged by fine-grained, pleasantly charry tannins and a lingering kiss of bramble and black currant. Best Buys

WW89 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
COMMENTARY: The 2018 Domaine de la Solitude Côtes du Rhone is bright and fresh, with a pleasing softness on the palate. TASTING NOTES: This wine shows flavors of boysenberries and earth. Serve it with cheese, pâté, and freshly-baked bread. 
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

When I was looking for today's celebrations the picture for New Kids on the Block day showed two children looking at a laptop. I thought the day was for accepting new children in school, those that transferred into an existing class.

• Like 30
  • Haha 9

Good morning from Boredom Central on the Oceania Nautica.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

Hats off to all the pet parents.

As for the New Kids on the Block, they were after my time, but I simply love Donnie Wahlberg in Blue Bloods.

i notice that we have not heard from @kazu Jacqui for a few days and I pray that she is doing okay. 

Thank you for including us in both the cares and cheers lists.  i don’t know if my little bit of increased appetite is yet cause for celebration as i seemed to have slid backwards this morning.

Tomorrow we have our first COVID test after five days.  If negative tomorrow and the next day, we will be released from COVID jail.  If not we continue.  

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.  

Will write more later. 

For now, stay safe and God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

I will celebrate National Pet Parent’s Day even if I am a pet less for the time being.  Surprised that the band has a day of it’s own.

LOL on the quote 😂 We have been to Brazil but not today’s port.

Sorry I have not been on the Daily for a bit.  I am trying to carve myself through a mountain of grief and it is really, really hard.  I was pretty much feeling like this:

B0698EC3-1079-46B5-A882-7BA3A2665F28.thumb.jpeg.5526da16c0aa6abf387316a26d636596.jpeg

Jose has been moved again which is very hard on him and the new unit has limited hours for DSP’s. I think because it’s a  transition unit and most of the DSP’s are DSP’s in name only and are not doing the DSP tasks like myself.   I will have to call the charge nurse on Monday and see if she will let me go in earlier to feed Jose, etc.  We’ll see.

B172F4DC-7A8B-4456-953F-9044357323F5.jpeg.be3faaba94e5d9781bb0ba22d344ac15.jpeg

In the meantime, thrown into the mix before this happened on Friday is Jose will need a special wheel chair now to be mobile at all.  It has to be customized, tilted, power, etc. and naturally, very expensive.

I am weary physically and mentally.  Bear with me and I will try to be more cheerful tomorrow.  

706928BF-9A49-4024-B1FB-C5AC2AB334C9.thumb.jpeg.40e820a9fa10013fba90902321f77b72.jpeg

@Cruzin Terri I hope you both have negative covid tests and can escape your covid jail and 4 walls 🤞 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

AC3A9A05-B8DE-4CD4-8A55-F1583744805E.jpeg.358e451e653c3de2887181ad34a982fb.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 19
  • Haha 1

Good Sunday morning.  Everyday is pet parents day!  I so agree with the quote in today's world.  Have not been to Brazil yet, it's on the itinerary for our 2024 cruise.  It's tiring having a 3 year old in the house.  It's non stop and I'm getting too old. LOL  Happy Birthday and Anniversary to those I've missed this past week. 

Major prayers and toasts to our lists.  Thank you Rich and Roy for keeping us informed.

Please continue to use caution and stay safe.  Wear your mask is you want to.

Tres Gen Tequila Paloma:

Ingredients
1 part Tres Generaciones® Plata Tequila
2 parts Grapefruit Soda
Splash of Lime Juice
Garnish: Grapefruit Peel

Instructions
Build ingredients over ice and stir. Garnish with a grapefruit peel.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 2.25.15 PM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds interesting and I look forward to @dfish pictures and recipes.   I’ll celebrate Pet Parents Day.  There are seven rescue cats in the house that make my life better.  Yesterday I did get a fair amount of work done in the garden, not nearly done.  I’m feeling it this morning.

image.thumb.png.c5152067fc93fedbde94f7e6e18c5714.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 13

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s nice to see another BHB join with pax sailing today. 
My “child” wanted to make sure I didn’t get away during the night, I woke up with paws in my back. I will gladly celebrate the day as a pet parent🐾
     Blessings and prayers to all on our lists 🙏❤️🎉

• Like 30

93CF2FA0-F4FB-47EF-BF72-5149A15901A9.gif.0dbdd90a4632a365fdbf5b03d364c85c.gif

To honor the Ukrainian people, today I will be baking Paska one of their most treasured holiday traditions.

B845F2F7-94A4-4614-B3A7-1ACE34EFE6E6.thumb.jpeg.ee2a5bb940607fb9028c83bfc2892479.jpeg Paska is a delicious, sweet, festive bread that is rich in butter and eggs and baked only for Easter. You can easily recognize one by its tall and cylindrical shape with a rounded top, which is usually decorated with dough ornaments or a white glaze. It smells divine, and no wonder: its flavorings may include ginger, saffron, vanilla, citron and rum.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good Morning from a warm and breezy day at the beach

Winds have died finally. I got blown around the golf course yesterday, played into the wind the whole time. It was a bit of a challenge.

We used to be Pet parents but no longer. I do enjoy most of the pets of our friends. 

A big Thank You for all the Birthday greetings yesterday. It was a great day!

@kazu You are in my thoughts and prayers. I truly wish there was something I could do for you.  It is very difficult being a care giver. It is physically, emotionally and financially draining. The rewards are knowing you did your very best for  Jose. 

I have personal experience as I am the caregiver for my DD. Most days it is Ok, but sometimes, you just need to scream. I hit golf balls which works for me.

@dfish Congratulations on a job well done. What are you going to do with all your free time??

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

When I was looking for today's celebrations the picture for New Kids on the Block day showed two children looking at a laptop. I thought the day was for accepting new children in school, those that transferred into an existing class.

That makes much more sense than having a national day for a boy band.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Thanks Rich for the Fleet and Daily report. Roy for your faithful Care List and to all our contributors.

Prepping for church on what should be another beautiful day.

After church it will be last laundry day then packing. We do have time for a delicious meal of barbecue beef ribs and fresh corn on the cob.

It will also be a day of watching NASCAR. 

Have a great Sunday!

• Like 27

Good morning friends!  It's a beautiful sunny morning, about 55 with a high today of 82.  I'm sitting here trying not to taste this new nasal spray I was prescribed.  Virtually impossible not to.  I have been coughing worse than ever the past 6 to 8 months.  No known cause and I'm worried about upcoming travels.  Can't you see me coughing on the plane, and then coughing on my cruise?  The crew will be reporting me daily and medical will be testing me each time.  Very worrisome!  It's only a month off so let's hope this spray helps.

Jacqui @kazuI'm sorry you have so many things on your mind lately, worrying about the new unit Jose is in, and the expensive special wheelchair.  It's a lot!  I hope coming here helps a little with your spirits.  Prayers for you both!  Terri @Cruzin Territime is ticking down until your hopefully negative tests and being sprung from your jail cell.  Even if it's a nice jail cell, freedom will feel so good!  Prayers for you and Jim, too.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  I guess the New Kids on the Block day could mean the boy band.  Like Terri said, way past my time.  Cheers to all the pet parents who have their own day set aside for them.  We never had a dog or cat but did have a parakeet for 12 years.  Just like any other pet she would get all excited and chirpy when Daddy came home from work.  I kid you not!  The menu suggestion sounds okay and I'm sure will look delicious on Debbie's @dfishpost.  No thanks to the wine and drink.  Parintins, Brazil was last posted here Dec. 11, 2021 and we have not been there yet.  Spring of 2023 I suppose if all works as planned.  We've had to cancel our Amazon River cruises about 3 times in the past so I'm not sure if it's meant to be.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all listed and especially Ukraine, Jacqui and Jose, and Tana.  It would be so great to have good news on those fronts.  Cheers to all the celebrants.  Let's hope that list gets longer and longer.  Have a wonderful day everyone!❤️

• Like 30