Are we mad to consider this multi-cruise itinerary?

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Well done! Are you packed? Got any medications needed plus two extra weeks?

I’m not packed but I’ve been putting things aside. I'd like to be packed by the weekend. DW needs to get a script filled. I’ve been stockpiling my OTC heartburn meds. I need to check stocks to see what other OTC meds I want to pack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gogo65 said:

Do you have apple air tags?

We arrived in London on Saturday. Was fascinating watching our luggage move about the airport. 
Was very excited to see our bags on the carousel! We crossed pack and had additional clothes in our carry on just in case.

Still have to fly from Edinburgh to Tromso  which will be the biggest worry about lost luggage (lots of thermals and warm things).

Then the pre boarding test to add to the stress…

I ordered Air Tags last week and they have arrived. DW thinks I’m mad but if our luggage goes missing she might sing a different tune. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

I ordered Air Tags last week and they have arrived. DW thinks I’m mad but if our luggage goes missing she might sing a different tune. 

We had one bag in Sydney for a while and then both at opposite ends of the terminal in Abu Dhabi,  surprisingly they came out one after the other in London! 

EEC4384A-F34A-45A6-9F5B-2F0E0295AB24.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Crikey why so long to pack your bags?  Week before would be adequate.

It's day or two before, for me.

ATM I'm contemplating whether or not to get my suitcase down from in the ceiling tonight. I leave on Friday.

We fly to Brisbane on Thursday morning, and will pack tomorrow. I have a head start this time though. Since arriving home from Pacific Explorer at the start of June, I haven't quite gotten around to putting the suitcase away.

• Haha 2

Well, our bags are packed. The house is clean and tidy, yes, even the kitchen table FINALLY got cleared off. 

We've handed car keys, house keys, and even my phone to our locum and we're now at the in-laws in Coffs Harbour for the night. 

The adventure starts in earnest tomorrow. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Well, our bags are packed. The house is clean and tidy, yes, even the kitchen table FINALLY got cleared off. 

We've handed car keys, house keys, and even my phone to our locum and we're now at the in-laws in Coffs Harbour for the night. 

The adventure starts in earnest tomorrow. 😁

All our very best wishes for your adventure! We look forward to armchair travelling with you and especially follow with keen interest for our planning. Frank & Irene 🥰🙏🏻

• Thanks 1

I would like to try to do an almost live trip report, posting as we have access to Internet. If I do, I'll start it as a new thread and just post mini updates here. 
Like:

Our flight from Coffs Harbour was delayed so they had to change our flight to Sydney. 
We are now waiting for our flight to Vancouver, due to depart at 2025 (that’s 8:25pm, not 2 years away!)

I can’t usually sleep on a plane but I’m so tired right now.

We're now scheduled to arrive in Seattle at 2125 (9:25pm) so nice we get through immigration and get to our hotel it will be straight to bed!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparky74 said:

I would like to try to do an almost live trip report, posting as we have access to Internet. If I do, I'll start it as a new thread and just post mini updates here. 
Like:

Our flight from Coffs Harbour was delayed so they had to change our flight to Sydney. 
We are now waiting for our flight to Vancouver, due to depart at 2025 (that’s 8:25pm, not 2 years away!)

We're now scheduled to arrive in Seattle at 2125 (9:25pm) so nice we get through immigration and get to our hotel it will be straight to bed!

Thanks for the update and hopefully this will be your only hiccup on a great trip and your adventures ahead.  Safe travels!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Like:

Perfect timing for your arrival into Vancouver! Getting straight into bed is the perfect outcome on arrival.

Don't do what I do and get distracted on the plane by movies that you've been wanting to see and finding you spend the whole trip glued to the screen!

Have a safe flight and hope you both sleep well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Like:

Looking forward to travelling along in our armchairs 🥰

So our new flight out of Sydney was delayed and we missed our new connection to Seattle. 
We stayed in a hotel in Vancouver overnight and are now waiting to board our 7:30am flight to Seattle. Third time's a charm. 🤞

Hopefully we can check into our Seattle hotel straight away when we arrive; we should be able to because they were expecting us last night. 

Airline and airport staff have been so helpful every step of the way. 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

So our new flight out of Sydney was delayed and we missed our new connection to Seattle. 
We stayed in a hotel in Vancouver overnight and are now waiting to board our 7:30am flight to Seattle. Third is a charm. 🤞

Hopefully we can check into our Seattle hotel straight away when we arrive; we should be able to because they were expecting us last night. 

Airline and airport staff have been so helpful every step of the way. 😁

Sorry to hear of your flight delays.  I hope you contacted your Seattle hotel to let them know you were still coming a day late.  This is an excellent example why you should plan to arrive early for a cruise, esp in Covid times. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1