Are we mad to consider this multi-cruise itinerary?

We have 55 days of holidays that must be used by the end of January. We had looked at doing B2B2B2B2B… on Quantum of the Seas (including transpacific) but I suggested to DW that it might become monotonous and why not jump from ship to ship. Then I saw the 23 night transpacific on Carnival Splendor and the price was too good to pass so we booked it. 

What do you think of this proposed itinerary?

Thursday 25/8/22 Fly to Seattle 

Arrive 2:30pm. Check in to a hotel. Look around. Have dinner and go to bed at bedtime in an attempt to beat jet lag. (This strategy has worked in the past.)

Friday 26/8/22 Seattle

Saturday 27/8/22 Board HAL Eurodam

7 night Alaskan Cruise

Saturday 3/9/33 Debark HAL Eurodam in Seattle

Tuesday 6/9/22 Board Carnival Splendor 

23 night transpacific cruise. This is the only thing I’ve booked so far and we’ve sprung for a balcony cabin rather than our usual inferior, I mean interior cabin. 

Friday 30/9/22 Debark Board Carnival Splendor in Sydney

Probably climb the Harbour Bridge that night. We’ve done it in the daytime a few years ago. I gave DW a voucher for a night climb for her birthday earlier this year. 

Saturday 1/10/22 Fly to Brisbane

Maybe board P&O Pacific Encounter for a 3 night comedy cruise???

Alternatively have a few days in either Sydney or Brisbane. 

Tuesday 4/10/22 Board P&O Pacific Encounter in Brisbane 

10 night cruise to PNG

We've not been to PNG and DW is keen to cruise there. 

Friday 14/10/22 Debark P&O Pacific Encounter in Brisbane 

This will be day 51. 

Wednesday 19/10/22 - Back to work

Start saving for the next cruise. 😁

Thoughts?

• Like 6

Love it!

If you like planes check out the The Museum of Flight website for a great place to visit while in Seattle.

We caught the local bus out there and it was an experience for us small town country bumpkins.

When we were in Seattle I wanted to go to the Chihuly Gardens and Glass Museum and I dragged my husband along and he ended up really enjoying it.

Have a good look at how many things there are to do in Seattle before booking as we easily filled in three days and still have stuff to do there. The Ballard locks are also interesting.

The last cruise (37 days Southampton to Singapore)  we did Princess treated it like 3 seperate cruises even though a lot of us booked it as one. There were 3 sailaway dinners and it did get a little monotonous with the repetitive menus. I think you have made a good choice to swap ships.

• Like 1

Seattle is great, and I would add MoPop to the list. Have you done the Rockies? Shame not to go over a bit earlier and spend some time in Banff in between your Alaska & transpacific cruises. Seattle has things to do, but I prefer it over the border in Vancouver. Anyway, that is just my personal taste.

Not mad, as there is plenty of wiggle room between cruises. The itinerary works, and it does give you a few ships to try, Go for it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

We have 55 days of holidays that must be used by the end of January. We had looked at doing B2B2B2B2B… on Quantum of the Seas (including transpacific) but I suggested to DW that it might become monotonous and why not jump from ship to ship. Then I saw the 23 night transpacific on Carnival Splendor and the price was too good to pass so we booked it. 

What do you think of this proposed itinerary?

Arrive 2:30pm. Check in to a hotel. Look around. Have dinner and go to bed at bedtime in an attempt to beat jet lag. (This strategy has worked in the past.)

Friday 26/8/22 Seattle

7 night Alaskan Cruise

23 night transpacific cruise. This is the only thing I’ve booked so far and we’ve sprung for a balcony cabin rather than our usual inferior, I mean interior cabin. 

Friday 30/9/22 Debark Board Carnival Splendor in Sydney

Probably climb the Harbour Bridge that night. We’ve done it in the daytime a few years ago. I gave DW a voucher for a night climb for her birthday earlier this year. 

Saturday 1/10/22 Fly to Brisbane

Maybe board P&O Pacific Encounter for a 3 night comedy cruise???

Alternatively have a few days in either Sydney or Brisbane. 

Tuesday 4/10/22 Board P&O Pacific Encounter in Brisbane 

10 night cruise to PNG

We've not been to PNG and DW is keen to cruise there. 

This will be day 51. 

Start saving for the next cruise. 😁

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The only stumbling block could be the PNG cruise if the main PNG ports aren't open to cruise ships by then.

Although I feel that the islands (Conflict Islands, Kitava) have a lot going for them. If the ship couldn't call at Rabaul or even Alotau, I don't think they miss too much.

• Like 1

Alternatively - if it's me I'd wait until Westerdam's new Australia schedule comes out and decide if you want to try another HAL run instead! It might also come with some nice promo with it like Coral's release IMO.

But by all means - this is fabulous already and definitely go ahead with that if you're happy with that 🙂

Michael

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We’ve made a SLIGHT adjustment to our itinerary. It’s cheaper to buy an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy which covers a maximum trip of 45 days than trying to cover a 55 day trip. So we'll pop home for one night in the middle of our trip. This will also mean that we have a car in Brisbane for the few days at the end of our cruises.

Friday 26/8/22 Seattle

7 night Alaskan Cruise

23 night transpacific cruise.

Friday 30/9/22 Debark Board Carnival Splendor in Sydney

We will fly to Coffs Harbour and drive one hour back home to Grafton for one night. Our travel insurance covers a maximum of 45 days for any trip and by returning home that completes a trip and we start a new trip the next day. 

Saturday 1/10/22 Drive to Brisbane

Board P&O Pacific Encounter for a 3 night comedy cruise as this is cheaper than a few days in either Sydney or Brisbane. 

Tuesday 4/10/22 remain on P&O Pacific Encounter for a 10 night cruise to PNG.

We've not been to PNG and Cathryn is keen to cruise there. I'm tipping that this cruise itinerary might change as PNG isn’t open yet. We'll wait and see what happens. 

This will be day 51. 

We’ll spend the next few days around Brisbane. 

Start saving for the next cruise. 😁

• Like 3

Just now, SinbadThePorter said:

What spooks me about B2Bs is being thrown off if you catch covid.

Yea, that’s a concern with this itinerary. Even just the transpacific is a bit worrying. If there’s an outbreak on board will the government even allow the ship to dock in Sydney?

DW and I caught COVID in January and were as crook as Rookwood. I don’t want to catch it again and it would be awful being that sick on a ship. We spent 3 weeks in isolation until our symptoms abated and struggled with fatigue for another 4 or 5 weeks after that. Not fun!

I guess that’s part of the reason we’ve booked so many cruises this year instead of doing more land based stuff. We're probably still a bit fatigued and need a good rest. We find cruising a great way to have a rest. BRING IT ON! 😁

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Yea, that’s a concern with this itinerary. Even just the transpacific is a bit worrying. If there’s an outbreak on board will the government even allow the ship to dock in Sydney?

DW and I caught COVID in January and were as crook as Rookwood. I don’t want to catch it again and it would be awful being that sick on a ship. We spent 3 weeks in isolation until our symptoms abated and struggled with fatigue for another 4 or 5 weeks after that. Not fun!

I guess that’s part of the reason we’ve booked so many cruises this year instead of doing more land based stuff. We're probably still a bit fatigued and need a good rest. We find cruising a great way to have a rest. BRING IT ON! 😁

Great to see you getting back on the horse as it were. Above all, enjoy !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

7 night Alaskan Cruise

That would be the longest 7 night cruise in history! I love Alaska, but 11 years would be too many cold winters for me.😀

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

They have to let the ship dock in Sydney if there is an outbreak. How they decide to handle the passengers, well that is another question. They may require everyone to test prior to disembark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

That would be the longest 7 night cruise in history! I love Alaska, but 11 years would be too many cold winters for me.😀

Works for me, as long as I can spend half of the time in Banff & Lake Louise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1