The Daily for Wednesday 04/27/2022

richwmn

Today is International Guide Dog Day, Marine Mammal Rescue Day, and National Tell a Story Day

Not all those who wander are lost.--J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Meal Suggestion for today - roast pork
Drink of the Day - Red Zone
Wine of the Day - Luna Vineyards Pinot Grigio, California
Destination of the Day - Auckland, New Zealand

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Atlantic

Rotterdam   Destination Cherbourg, France eta 4/29

At Sea Pacific

Eurodam   Destination Victoria BC, Vanco eta 4/28
Koningsdam   Destination Vancouver, BC CA eta 4/28

Cartagena Colombia

Noordam   07:00 - 13:00

Ceuta, ES

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 23:00

Santa Catalina Island CA, Avalon, California

Nieuw Amsterdam   07:00 - 16:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 16:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Catania, IT

Oosterdam  

Ensenada, MX

Westerdam  

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Zaandam  

0427World.thumb.png.540c6a728561e698834854d298a8ab53.png
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.  Happy Hump Day!

It's cold here, and we've got flurries in the forecast.  Spring, where are you?

Guide dogs are wonderful, so important for their people.  A bit thank you to people who rescue marine animals.  I appreciate story tellers.

Love the quote. 

The meal suggestion sounds good, I think I'll put that on my grocery list, unfortunately, I don't have a pork roast in the freezer.

I hope the drink will be good, I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's port, someday, I'll get there.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Good afternoon from North East England.

It is 50°F and cloudy.

Thank you so much Rich for today's daily and fleet reports.

Guide dogs give blind people their independence and should be treasured every day by everyone. 

We all tell our stories on here which is fantastic.

Very true quote.

Nice food and wine today.

Never been to New Zealand so photos will be nice to see.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and for others who have medical issues.

Take care and stay safe and hopefully everyone has a wonderful day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220427_115933.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, happy Wednesday.  Hats off to guide dogs, marine mammal rescues and stories, l enjoy a good story.  I love the quote, I have to admit being afflicted by wanderlust.  The meal sounds very tasty.  Today’s port is another bucket list item, can’t wait for the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list I hope recovery is right around the corner.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 27

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion is one we both enjoy.  Yesterday was an in office day so wasn’t online most of the day.  Wishing @dfish a belated happy birthday. 
Interesting work news came after hours yesterday.  We are no longer required to go into the office.  We will need to go in if a customer is in the building, rarely happens, annual review or any important group meeting.  We will lose our assigned desks and will be able to use our laptop for work calls.  I’m curious how this will all work out.

This is so true.

image.thumb.png.1321fc2dff3aa6ee6d859c2c97cf6fe5.png

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Great combination of days.  I fully support rescuing marine mammals & guide dogs are near & dear to my heart.  My cousin raises and trains dog guide puppies until they go to their training camp.  these dogs change so many peoples’ lives ♥️ 

Love the Tolkien quote.  Meal of the day is yummy but too much food for one person.  Looking forward to hearing about the Pinot Grigio.  Haven’t had this one.  Absolutely adored our time in Auckland.  We stayed post cruise to have more time in this beautiful city.

@Horizon chaser 1957Bon Voyage 🚢 🛳 🚢 🥂 

@erewhona new kitty - and an SPCA rescue!  Bless you.  Have fun adapting to her and vice versa.

E0ED4B4B-EB1E-4714-9317-F3C0C9271DED.jpeg.de040ce52515cdd8a15046e33dbdd1c4.jpeg

Raining here and will be all day.  Oh well, April showers bring May flowers and I don’t think it will be so hard as to cause flooding 🤞 

D7252BD3-14EB-4F4E-B1E3-5734C3EE8349.jpeg.55dee534b016c61e9fcac04da2bd84eb.jpeg

Had a surprise yesterday when I checked in at the hospital.  Jose’s LPN let me in but didn’t know the code.  She said there were a lot of changes early this morning.  As I went to gown and glove she said..wait.. called down and I no longer have to gown and glove. 👍 The unit has been cleared!  I still have to shield which is fine even though it’s hot.  Hopefully the unit stays clear 🤞 

310E713F-A3B5-4B4A-88B6-8DDED8DB3488.thumb.jpeg.198aab4d3f0454b8eeb0238e8e317f3d.jpeg

I’ll have to pay attention now to how I dress.  With the gown it didn’t matter.  Now it will.  LOL.

D4784A87-8143-4DFC-A0CC-7D433830143A.jpeg.514d329be9e965afed85368cf7b9a00b.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Wednesday everyone !!!!

1B0B1516-2A88-4EEE-8A1F-FB04FB07A7DD.jpeg.54479b7b92b1057370ad3965d4ad8d3a.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Guide Dogs, those who rescue Marine Mammals, and storytellers all have a special place in our lives.  Love the Tolken Quote.  Auckland is a wonderful city, one that I have only visited on Crystal.  I love roast pork but do not prepare it at home.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Port Braised Lamb Shank, and Dutch Apple Pie as served on MS Nieuw Statendam April 27

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Strength for smitty34867
VP Harris with covid
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after str with covid at oke
msmayor daughter recovering from gall bladder surgery
From the rotation:
Jen slow recovery from fall
Heartgrove older sister in hospice
Welfare of furloughed crews
msmayor’s daughter struggling with motherhood

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Zaandam in Everglades

image.thumb.png.753d75b425c86fe681814f0e31100ae8.png

Volendam housing refugees
8 BHB with guests
summer slope with DD and DGS
Dismomx5 in Cairo  meeting new toddler and baby
Cruzin Terri and DH released from covid jail
Aliaschief and DW in Hawaii
New furbaby for Erewhon
3 days for oceansaway17 (Symphony OTS 4/30 to 5/7)
4 Days for NextOne River Cruise
Bon Voyage  Horizon Chaser 1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/4)
Norseh2o (Regatta to 5/1),  Cruzin Terri (Nautica  to 5 /5), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8), and leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, everyone.

Again, thank you to all for the lovely birthday wishes yesterday.  I had a nice, relaxing day and enjoyed it immensely.  I am intrigued by today's drink and would like today's wine.  I haven't been to New Zealand yet.  

Today's meal is a great one for Sunday dinner with the family and extended family.  The first recipe is for a basic pork roast.  Make sure you use enough garlic for the rub.  https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/pork-roast/

490271861_roastpork1.thumb.jpg.0932dcd9847854a2b9e12e73d442fe60.jpg

Do you like that juicy, crunchy outer skin on your pork roast?  A weekend Pork roast is easy to cook with minimal steps, but to get a perfect, golden crackle makes it worth every minute waiting. The best cut is a boneless pork shoulder (or butt)… the end results are always tender and juicy on the inside, while a mouthwatering crackle cooks on the outside. 

https://cafedelites.com/pork-roast/

443832708_roastpork2.thumb.jpg.3b6830d624266c025a7a58f836779c9a.jpg

You can easily make a pork roast a one pot dinner.   Sunday Pork Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family for Sunday dinner. This recipe includes instructions for a classic oven braise as well as cooking in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.

https://thestayathomechef.com/sunday-pork-roast/

1164653444_roastpork3.thumb.jpg.d152ad1e69489fbaee7773e13716e900.jpg

I made this next recipe for friends and they declared it the best roast pork they had ever had.  I would cut the pepper in half.  The vegetable mix inserted into the pockets cut into the roast give it a wonderful flavor.   https://surleplat.com/recipe-items/cajun-pork-roast/

1336268618_roastpork4.jpg.1ad5616c61ae4afd793bb473539a32a9.jpg

979010649_roastpork5.jpg.2a1902d5a7bbd82ce568c5aeef690194.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members.   Cheers to those celebrating.   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone, quick photo from Oasis of the Seas heading back to Miami. A quick 4 day cruise. Most of the entertainment is back so I had lots to fill my time at sea, although just watching the ocean go by from the balcony was the best.

IMG_20220427_065707173.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Another lovely day in the neighborhood. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites. Just a routine Wednesday here, though my pool’s water is almost warm enough to tempt me to go in. I can not believe that as a kid you couldn’t keep me out of those chilly New England ocean waters, and now I like my water in the 80s.

Wednesday smiles…

A0036E2E-BE1E-43C7-A2AE-7F0D03A54816.jpeg.5870cbbff4fce5ed211e28bf70c3a6de.jpeg

Coming soon to Florida….

1AC5063C-9FB4-4121-9BC6-FAE1D3B57C5B.jpeg.10e53aa4ac0e70da5d09d5af49ec16f6.jpeg

And for you adventurous wine fans…

57B85C28-AF2A-453E-BB68-A897DC34F306.jpeg.863e9fd5a1da235ec2b3bef83d6c5fd2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Luna Vineyards Pinot Grigio

Though not a great deal of detail is available for this wine, it has consistent very good - excellent ratings. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $11.99.

Winemaker Notes

Consistent with past vintages, our Italian-style Pinot Grigio exhibits aromas of apricot and Meyer lemon with delicate flavors of fresh white peach. The 2018 vintage has refreshingly zesty citrus notes, lively texture, and the excellent balance we love in Pinot Grigio. The goal is to make a lower alcohol wine with aromatics and a refreshing finish which can accompany a beautiful summer day or a nice seafood dinner.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  Guide Dogs, those who rescue Marine Mammals, and storytellers all have a special place in our lives.  Love the Tolken Quote.  Auckland is a wonderful city, one that I have only visited on Crystal.  I love roast pork but do not prepare it at home.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Port Braised Lamb Shank, and Dutch Apple Pie as served on MS Nieuw Statendam April 27

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Strength for smitty34867
VP Harris with covid
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after str with covid at oke
msmayor daughter recovering from gall bladder surgery
From the rotation:
Jen slow recovery from fall
Heartgrove older sister in hospice
Welfare of furloughed crews
msmayor’s daughter struggling with motherhood

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Zaandam in Everglades

image.thumb.png.753d75b425c86fe681814f0e31100ae8.png

Volendam housing refugees
8 BHB with guests
summer slope with DD and DGS
Dismomx5 in Cairo  meeting new toddler and baby
Cruzin Terri and DH released from covid jail
Aliaschief and DW in Hawaii
New furbaby for Erewhon
3 days for oceansaway17 (Symphony OTS 4/30 to 5/7)
4 Days for NextOne River Cruise
Bon Voyage  Horizon Chaser 1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/4)
Norseh2o (Regatta to 5/1),  Cruzin Terri (Nautica  to 5 /5), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8), and leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

We have a friend who has had a guide dog for many years. Actually he is on his second, they are retired after a certain length of time. THat dog is amazing, you would not even know he was around. A great deal of training is given to every dog and not all make the grade.  Living on the ocean, marine life is very important. Have seen a few rescues of dolphins that have "beached". 

Auckland is on our booked trip in the fall but as New Zealand is not yet open, not sure if it will happen. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Not sure what HAL will do. We are scheduled to do a circumnavigation of Australia followed by New Zealand. Australia is open, so who knows?

We are going to clean out the garage today. Such fun!

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 29

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Guide dogs are so important to so many. A salute to those who rescue marine mammals. I love a good story.

Love the quote and the meal. One of DH's favorite things I cook is Roast Pork.

We decided to work on one room at a time here. The majority of the work is in the family room because we are making it a family room/office/guest room. (The Murphy bed that came with the house also came with "office furniture". It is in the third bedroom which will be DBIL's room so it needs to be relocated.) The painting is done, (baseboards and walls), the Murphy bed has been moved and installed as well as one cabinet. DH is putting the TV up now and hopes to get the desk, the other two tall cabinets and three wall cabinets moved and installed today. We are very grateful for this furniture and for the layout of our new home.

@kazu Jacqui, I am so happy that it sounds like you have had a good couple of days. Prayers they continue and that a space opens up for Jose soon.

@smitty34877 Terry, I know you will have a wonderful time being out with your family. Praying it relieves you of some stress and that things are getting better at home.

It is a bright, sunny day starting at 68 with a high of 81 which is the same as yesterday. So far we have only had to run the a/c at night. Such a difference between 80's at the beach and 80's in Orlando (or any city).

Bon Voyage @Horizon chaser 1957.

@erewhon

Congratulations on the adoption of your new fur baby.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Dailyites!  I think I caught up with reading yesterday, I never got to come back and check in.  And I'm still not done cleaning.  Actually DH seems to be doing the heavy work, I have the living room dining room to vacuum, and the glass to clean, and then I'm done.   I have arthritis in my middle fingers which has really been bothering me, cant hold things, cant make a fist... and at times, it appears that i may be saying something nasty to people.  So a lot of chores, I am struggling with.  The fingers are quite swollen.

@ErehwonCongratulations on your new adoption!

I need to call the BFF and make sure that everything is on the go for his arrival today.

@JAM37  We will be on Sanibel Island.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and remember to tell the ones you love that you do.

not-all-who-wander-are-lost-most-of-them-are-35861340.png

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Guide dogs are so important to give people independence.  We have lots of marine mammals here and with a 3 yr old in the house we've been doing lots of stories.

I really like the quote and meal for today.

Have not been to the destination, as always, looking forward to the photo's.

Interesting @Crazy For Catsthat work will be at home now.  My SIL started working from home 2 years ago and his job found it was better for all employees.  Now it is permanent.  @erewhonenjoy that new kitty.  I'm laughing at the cat injury meme's.  We had a cat that even scared the 6' vet.  He wore xray gloves when he examined her.

And, because of all your wonderful photo's of The Boi Bumba Festival show in Parentins Brazil we booked it for our January 2024 cruise.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe.  Wear your mask if you feel the need.

Drink of the day:

Red Zone:

Ingredients
1 ½ parts Pinnacle® Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps
3 parts Cranberry Juice
Splash of Sour Mix

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with apple slices.

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.30.54 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to California with no problems and luggage. Leave for Oakland airport in 20 minutes and should be in Hawaii before noon.

Maybe more at airport. Aloha!

Hawaii sounds amazing.

We loved our cruise there on Grand Princess.

Wishing you a fabulous holiday.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good morning everyone. This morning I’m expecting someone who is coming to help me declutter the house of things we no longer need or want and to help me order some new filing furniture. Most of the cabinets come un assembled and I certainly can’t put them together.

Yesterday I joined a virtual for now support group for caregivers of spouses. Interesting that there were so many different illnesses and some people have been caregivers for many years. The group is led by a chaplain and I really enjoyed the people and found it very helpful. It meets every other week.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2