Poor Food & Hygiene Anthem of the Sea's

HI , We just came back from a UK to Norway cruise on Anthem of the Sea's , Having only saild on her 9 months ago both of use were shocked how much the  quality of the food, on our last cruise the food was better than excellent , on this it went from just about good to awful , they are  not handling a full ship well , WHY would fill a ship full if you don't have enough staff? all so there were hygiene issues , see attached image of the main dinning room floor at the beginning of service.

20220520_173437 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, joyo99 said:

HI , We just came back from a UK to Norway cruise on Anthem of the Sea's , Having only saild on her 9 months ago both of use were shocked how much the  quality of the food, on our last cruise the food was better than excellent , on this it went from just about good to awful , they are  not handling a full ship well , WHY would fill a ship full if you don't have enough staff? all so there were hygiene issues , see attached image of the main dinning room floor at the beginning of service.

The quality of food on the floor. 🤣 You actually looked on the floor. :classic_rolleyes: Welcome to CC. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, joyo99 said:

20220520_173437 (1).jpg

My second rule for hygiene while cruising is to never eat off of the floor in the MDR.

My first rule is to never refill my water bottle from the swimming pool, kiddie pool, or hot tub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I would assume, what you saw on the floor is after they take away your main course plate and before they bring your dessert it's the crumbs when they get out that little knife and slides the crumbs off the table cloth into a little tray like dish.......after the waiter walks away from your table that dish is dumped on the floor...... 🤣

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

Sailed Anthem on Eater week.  The ship was at 80% capacity and included some 1,200 children and found the service to be very good and a clean looking ship.  The only time that I saw any dirt, was some kids had kicked the trays left in the hallway and uneaten scraps were strewn over some 4 cabins.  

1 hour ago, edrussell said:

Have you ever worked in the food service industry?  I'd guess not.  

Have you? Having food on the floor before you open is sort of a no no. 

Have some diehard Royal defenders it seems in this thread. 

We sailed on the Anthem OTS for 11 nights from May 2-13. I thought the service was great. We constantly were being asked if we needed anything in the buffet and bars. The ship was also immaculate. How could things have fallen apart in less than a week?  We were very pleased with the Anthem and crew and we don't often cruise with them, so we aren't Royal Defenders. We were just very impressed!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, billslowsky said:

My second rule for hygiene while cruising is to never eat off of the floor in the MDR.

My first rule is to never refill my water bottle from the swimming pool, kiddie pool, or hot tub.

The hot tub is very sanitary. I've watched people sit in one for hours on end ordering drinks and never leave to empty their bladder. I'm sure you are safe to drink the water.

#ButtBoil

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billslowsky said:

My first rule is to always have my phone ready to take pictures of any scuff marks on paint work, crumbs on the floor, folks with odd socks. Then I can post pictures to show folk how shocked I am. Some just get on with their cruise. Not me, not when there may be a cracked tile lurking.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Sailed Anthem on Eater week.  The ship was at 80% capacity and included some 1,200 children and found the service to be very good and a clean looking ship.  The only time that I saw any dirt, was some kids had kicked the trays left in the hallway and uneaten scraps were strewn over some 4 cabins.  

I though that on a cruise ship every week was eater week.🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, J0Y0US said:

20 plus years in the industry actually.   There are some 'other' kinds of people in this thread also.  Would love to have such conversations in person rather than hiding behind a keyboard to see how it turns out.  

1 hour ago, J0Y0US said:

Where did the OP say they were at first seating?

1 hour ago, edrussell said:

20 plus years in the industry actually.   There are some 'other' kinds of people in this thread also.  Would love to have such conversations in person rather than hiding behind a keyboard to see how it turns out.  

All I see is people pushing back on the OP as if food on the floor and other things are not an issue and they are essentially in the wrong for bringing it up.

Food on the floor is due to lack of staffing, lack of observation, or lack of standards. Its why when you go to a nice restaurant you don't see food all over the floor. You pretty much don't even see this at Disney World in an actual restaurant there.

1 hour ago, BND said:

Where did the OP say they were at first seating?

You are correct the OP could mean the start of their dinner but I can only assume they would say that instead of start of service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We sailed on the Anthem OTS for 11 nights from May 2-13. I thought the service was great. We constantly were being asked if we needed anything in the buffet and bars. The ship was also immaculate. How could things have fallen apart in less than a week?  We were very pleased with the Anthem and crew and we don't often cruise with them, so we aren't Royal Defenders. We were just very impressed!

Which is perfectly fine. Did you not read some of the other comments in this thread. That is where my comment is directed. You having an amazing time I have no doubt if completely true. Hope I have the same experience next month as well on Quantum.

People can have different experiences its just off putting to see people attacking the OP simply because they viewed their experience as less than stellar compared to previous sailings.

5 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

All I see is people pushing back on the OP as if food on the floor and other things are not an issue and they are essentially in the wrong for bringing it up.

Food on the floor is due to lack of staffing, lack of observation, or lack of standards. Its why when you go to a nice restaurant you don't see food all over the floor. You pretty much don't even see this at Disney World in an actual restaurant there.

You are correct the OP could mean the start of their dinner but I can only assume they would say that instead of start of service.

Im pretty sure you haven’t been to the Disney restaurants I’ve been to in the past.  There is always food on the floor at Disney restaurants.  

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Let me fix this for you.   Someone unnecessarily left trays laying on the floor in a narrow hallway which resulted in people, who don’t always pay attention, tripping over them.  This mess is the fault is the folks leaving trays in the hall, not the kids (or just as likely drunk passengers) who knocked them over.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topnole said:

Im pretty sure you haven’t been to the Disney restaurants I’ve been to in the past.  There is always food on the floor at Disney restaurants.  

That's where Mickey Mouse eats when the visitors have all gone home.