When did you get your Medallion?

Ombud

I board 6/26/22 and it hasn't shipped. I know it always says that in the app but this time there's no record in Informeddelivery.usps.com (US mail website). Chat just told me to go to PSD once onboard to get a replacement. Is this new since my April 23, 2022 cruise? Has anyone boarded without a medallion?

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I board 6/26/22 and it hasn't shipped. I know it always says that in the app but this time there's no record in Informeddelivery.usps.com (US mail website). Chat just told me to go to PSD once onboard to get a replacement. Is this new since my April 23, 2022 cruise? Has anyone boarded without a medallion?

Never heard that!  They normally have you go to the counter at the port to pick it up.  Maybe they meant to say the port?

I’ve gotten mine 14-10 days before the sail date.  Recently, the informed delivery showed it 2 days before it came.

Its not a big deal to pick it up at the port.

Really easy

You'll probably still get it though…

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

Yes I asked twice how I was getting onboard if I was to get it at PSD on the ship. He just repeated himself. Go to the desk after getting on ship to get a replacement 🙄

I think your info is more reliable 

• Like 1

It should ship any day for you as it is usually around 20 days. For our 6/18 cruise, we got the e-mail notification that it had shipped 5/31 and I am expecting to find them in our mailbox when I get home this evening. 

If for some reason it does not arrive, it is very easy to get at the port.

• Like 1

We cruised March 2022.

We got ours 2 weeks before.

Other folks that did not get it prior to boarding simply went to a desk at the check in area and got them.

I promptly lost mine on day 2 (it is the size of a quarter) and the front desk gave me one the size of a key card while I waited a couple of minutes so no big deal.  It had my name on it and worked pronto.  

(It's the most complicated process for something that is really only a key card....way too much drama for me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes I asked twice how I was getting onboard if I was to get it at PSD on the ship. He just repeated himself. Go to the desk after getting on ship to get a replacement 🙄

I think he was a little confused about which desk to get the medallions at. Sure you can get a replacement once on the ship but obviously the desk in the terminal is the one he was confused about.

On our last cruise I ordered mine to be shipped but forgot about my husband thinking both would be ordered. The line in the terminal was the shortest I've even seen & didn't slow us down for more than 5 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

They need better training.  😳

I'm fine with getting it BEFORE I board. But was a little confused about getting it after I boarded and then logging into ship. Although I guess PSD would log me on. 

Realistically I think everyone is right .... get it before boarding.  Either at home or at the pier

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm fine with getting it BEFORE I board. But was a little confused about getting it after I boarded and then logging into ship. Although I guess PSD would log me on. 

Realistically I think everyone is right .... get it before boarding.  Either at home or at the pier

It may depend on which port and what they are doing for making ‘new’ Medallions. For San Pedro, my sister needed them to make her a medallion as hers was not delivered. They made a new one at the pier before boarding. Last September, my medallion did not arrive for San Pedro embarkation and instead of them making me a ‘medallion’, I was issued a ‘cruise card’ which they said take to the PSD to swap for a medallion. It makes sense so they do not need to have a medallion making machine at the pier since they know the ship has one to make or replace any ‘lost’ or ‘non functioning’ ones, usually because battery is low or died. 

Do not worry, either they make you a medallion at pier or give you cruise card to board and you get medallion at PSD. They will give you complimentary lanyard too, if you want.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Just got our medallions today for our June 19th cruise out of San Francisco.

Just now, Tonsoffun44 said:

Dumb question - is shipping them automatic or have to request/order them to be shipped? 

You have to actually place the order to have them shipped using the Medallion App. 

13 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Dumb question - is shipping them automatic or have to request/order them to be shipped? 

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You have to actually place the order to have them shipped using the Medallion App. 

And on my previous 6 medallion cruises it came 3 weeks before my cruise