Elite Bathroom amenities

phabric

We frequently had to request the robes pre-covid. Sometimes a robe was in the closet. Many times it wasn't. Robes, of course, are not an elite benefit, available to all. The special bathroom amenities have been on the decline ever since the shower soap was changed to the in-shower pumps. Today many ships are short of the inventories.

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's typical lately.

Elite amenities are pretty much a thing of the past. 

Elite perks have been downgraded to just these as well:

Priority embarkation & disembarkation lounge

Mini-bar

Laundry

Tender shortcut

10% discount on excursions & shops, buy discounted wifi

Edited by Ombud

Priority embarkation is the only elite benefit from the past that we ever use .. 

we don’t use the laundry benefit 

we don’t use the mini bar .. we’ll, maybe one of the Perrier waters

we don’t go ashore in the tender ports 

we book spa services online ahead of time and with no double discount, who cares? 

if we buy something in the shops, we appreciate the 10% discount .. that’s always been a benefit 

the real benefit is the 10% off on excursions 

we did, of course, appreciate the loyalty OBC but I completely understand why they had to backtrack on that 

I still love the captains circle parties and the PES lounge on occasion 

I just love cruising!  

Currently on Caribbean Princess, no Elite toiletries mentioned on the list of Elite amenities handout.  I asked our room Steward and he said they don’t have any of the Elite toiletries to offer and haven’t had them for a while.

Also, no blue Princess tote bags on this cruise or on Discovery last month. Could be a supply chain issue or another cost cutting move.

• Like 2

We did receive the Elite Toiletries, but I thought it was a joke -- a little scrub brush and a tiny tube of skin cream.  

We did have robes, in the closet.  And for our mini-bar set-up, we had a 375 mm liter bottle of either rum or tequila instead of the airplane bottles of booze.  Our steward was happy to get the .375 bottle!

I just realized that we didn't get the blue tote bags either!

Unlike Raider, I never go to Captain's Circle events or the PES "parties."  I don't even go to the free Wine Tastings anymore.  I guess I'm jaded.

Hi @phabric, It seems to depend on which ship has supplies. I did B2B on Majestic in April, so only a couple months ago. First day, steward delivered ‘elite’ bathroom amenity kit that was in a mini blue ‘dopp’ like canvas bag. Had loofah pad, nail file, cotton ball and Q tips, and razor and tube of lotion. Got one for second sailing too.

sounds like supply issue.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Currently on Caribbean Princess, no Elite toiletries mentioned on the list of Elite amenities handout.  I asked our room Steward and he said they don’t have any of the Elite toiletries to offer and haven’t had them for a while.

Also, no blue Princess tote bags on this cruise or on Discovery last month. Could be a supply chain issue or another cost cutting move.

We were on Discovery April 24, got 2 blue bags (maybe we got yours?).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's typical lately.

Elite amenities are pretty much a thing of the past. 

You got that right. Pretty soon they will be charging you for using the water in the bathroom. 😳 

Tony

• Haha 3

Just off Royal in May in Alaska.

Skin buff pad

Sewing kit

Shower gel in tube

Lotion tube x 2

I do not remember anything else

Bar set up:  I do not remember because the first thing we did is call and get everything changed out to bottled water.  We ended up with 18 bottles of water because the only thing we kept was the Sprite x 2 and the bottle water x 2.  The Coke was only regular not diet.  This is the first time (and last time) we had the drink package.  We did not need soda in the room because we could get at the bars.

2 robes in the room but we never used them.

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

About the only thing left that's worth much lately is the over 40 luncheon, if you qualify. 😉

For me, the priority boarding benefit is very valuable if I am taking a Caribbean voyage and quite NTH elsewhere.  I like the mini-bar setup as it contributes to not needing PLUS fare package as we don't buy a lot of bar drinks and I generally bring wine onboard. The priority access to water shuttles can be quite useful when counting on getting ashore and off on private excursion in good time.  Finally, the 50% off internet is very valuable to us since we have not booked the PLUS fare.  

We will never see that luncheon.  And it isn't an "over 40" luncheon - I assume you meant the MTP Luncheon to which the top 40 frequent cruisers are invited. 

11 hours ago, phabric said:

Presently on the Sky, Elite amenities are no only in the cabins, you have to requested it and the same with bathrobes.

Was there any notification that you had to request these?

5 hours ago, MickeyandLV said:

Bar set up:  I do not remember because the first thing we did is call and get everything changed out to bottled water.  We ended up with 18 bottles of water because the only thing we kept was the Sprite x 2 and the bottle water x 2.  The Coke was only regular not diet. 

You can have the regular changed out for diet.

I wont miss the Elite stuff this summer. Not even bothered about the fridge drinks. The fact that we reached Elite was just because I prefer Princess over other cruise lines but I would never say I am loyal to Princess.

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We will never see that luncheon.  And it isn't an "over 40" luncheon - I assume you meant the MTP Luncheon to which the top 40 frequent cruisers are invited. 

That's the one.

I believe the numbers lately have dropped significantly since the return of sailings. Many of the older cruisers have seemed to been holding off cruising. 

I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Was there any notification that you had to request these?

I didn’t ask on my first week cruise.  I asked my cabin attendant on second week cruise.  He said you have to request it.  He said he had to ask his supervisor.  I received 1 nail file, 1 eye shade, 1 bath scrubber, he put them in a folded towel.

21 hours ago, Ombud said:

Elite perks have been downgraded to just these as well:

Priority embarkation & disembarkation lounge

Mini-bar

Laundry

Tender shortcut

10% discount on excursions & shops, buy discounted wifi

There's also the ability to order room service high tea (or formal night canapes)--I just saw some photos of one, and it looks quite tempting, with scones and sweets and sandwiches, and the ability to store excess in the fridge. On Majestic I got a travel bag of toiletries, and a thread about the tea mentioned the clever trick of using a shower cap to put over food stored in the fridge. There's also the ability to swap the mini-bar for coffee cards, if you don't have plus, or swap for drinks of your choice. The discounted wifi is actually 50%, good savings compared to other lines, particularly since you can get it to $5/day if you buy before the cruise, or cheap if you only order on some sea days and use a phone in ports. The evening gatherings with snacks and $6.50 cocktails also is a benefit. I don't buy Plus, since I get enough in elite benefits and shareholder/military OBC to cover my alcohol and gratuities, so elite helps me save $40/day. There's also the intangibles of feeling special, being treated better, having a distinctive door/medallion, skipping lines at customer service, and feeling rewarded for loyalty. It's sort of like Veteran's Day free meals, which I can easily buy on my own, but which nonetheless make me feel good and valued for my service. Another thread also mentioned ways to use elite benefits to reward crew, by using a coffee card to buy drinks for crew in line with you. 

4 minutes ago, rj59 said:

There's also the ability to order room service high tea

I did not know elites could do that! I thought it was a suites perk

I agree. Shareholder / military stackable OBC is a great benefit but it's not tied to capital circle status. Which IMHO is a benefit

Edited by Ombud
Typo

Not worth worrying about the bathroom amenities.   One poster was upset because she could not donate them to her local charity.   Defeats the purpose to be used on board to enrich the experience.

Edited by kiwimum