Becoming diamond while on cruise

1 minute ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

We are 3 days away from being diamond, we are about to leave on an 8-day cruise will they gives us Diamond on the 4th day?

I know some give it to you at the beginning some will not give it to you until your next cruise

Thanks for your help

No, you will not be considered Diamond until your next cruise.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

We are 3 days away from being diamond, we are about to leave on an 8-day cruise will they gives us Diamond on the 4th day?

I know some give it to you at the beginning some will not give it to you until your next cruise

Thanks for your help

Points are awarded and status is changed appx 6-7 days after your cruise is finished

• Like 1

The only thing during a cruise is I was able to get a grandeur block that I earned during that cruise. I wanted to take it home. Got it the last night onboard. 

As above you dont get pts awarded until after the cruise is over. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Points are awarded and status is changed appx 6-7 days after your cruise is finished

We are doing our very first B2B, and will have the required points needed to become Diamond at the end of the first leg of our cruise.   I thought we'd automatically be Diamond for the second half.  I'm bummed to hear that we won't be getting our 4 free drinks per day.  😕

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We are doing our very first B2B, and will have the required points needed to become Diamond at the end of the first leg of our cruise.   I thought we'd automatically be Diamond for the second half.  I'm bummed to hear that we won't be getting our 4 free drinks per day.  😕

You can go talk to the Loyalty Ambassador and have it taken care of for your second leg.  I would talk to them on the first leg and see how they will handle it for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Talk to the loyalty ambassador on the first leg.  They should set you up as Diamond for the second leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

Thanks for your help

Imagine the chaos if dozens of people changed tier mid cruise……

People would suddenly have access to Wi-Fi that would have to be credited to their account.

Peoples cards would suddenly be credited with 4 daily drinks that they didn’t have before. 

People would suddenly be allowed a bathrobe that would have to be delivered to their cabin.

People would suddenly be entitled to an amenity that they would have to select to be delivered to their cabin…..

It wouldn’t work. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

B2B are the exception and the LA can grand you D status for the second leg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The only thing during a cruise is I was able to get a grandeur block that I earned during that cruise. I wanted to take it home. Got it the last night onboard. 

As above you dont get pts awarded until after the cruise is over. 

Blocks are supposed to be awarded on the day you achieve that milestone unlike changing tiers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

B2B are the exception and the LA can grand you D status for the second leg

I turn P 🍍after leg one and I’m hoping 🤞and praying🙏 the LA makes the magic 🪄🧚happen on leg 2!! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

I turn P 🍍after leg one and I’m hoping 🤞and praying🙏 the LA makes the magic 🪄🧚happen on leg 2!! 

You will likely  be recognized on the first leg, the cruise on which your reach 700 points. You probably are aware that unlike other categories, pinnacle is most always recognized on the cruise reached. The jury is out on whether pinnacle benefits are awarded on that cruise or the next.   

Speak to the LA when you board the first leg. 

m

• Like 1

Congrats to you on your Diamond.  

We are six nights away from Diamond.   We are sailing this month on a “ mattress run”.  Booked a 4 night cruise in a suite to earn enough double  points to cross the Diamond threshold.   The 3rd day we can toast our Diamond in spirit.  
Next cruise after we will be Diamond! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

Thanks for your help

I realize you said you are "about to leave", but is there any chance you could squeeze in a little 3 night cruise before then, just to get the points?

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The automatic upgrade to the next status level does take some time (2 weeks or more) for RCI's system to happen, however you can ask the Loyalty Ambassador or the Diamond Concierge on your first leg of the B2B cruises to manually change your status and they may do so.  The concierge did that for us during a B2B for diamond to diamond plus.  Never hurts to ask nicely.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You will likely  be recognized on the first leg, the cruise on which your reach 700 points. You probably are aware that unlike other categories, pinnacle is most always recognized on the cruise reached. The jury is out on whether pinnacle benefits are awarded on that cruise or the next.   

Speak to the LA when you board the first leg. 

m

They are 2 different ships. So I really need a good LA on leg 1! 

I am solo on leg 1 then DH joins me (-after I’ve done all the hard work getting to P!) for leg 2.

I’m  hoping they will recognise him on leg 2 but I kinda doubt that. 
I’m not expecting P benefits on leg 1.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Talk to the Loyalty Host during the first leg of your b2b. If you become Diamond during the first leg you will be given Fiamondcstatus for the second leg

• Like 1

Sorry, you will get there.

I was a victim of switching from number of cruises to points per night.

Royal switched in 2011 to points. All cruises under 12 days were converted to  1 credit - 7 points. I had several 9 - 10 dayers and they became 7 dayers. I would have become Diamond after 10 cruises accordingly to old system, but had to wait for our 12th cruise as my points were not enough after 10 cruises.

Enjoy your cruise!

18 hours ago, little britain said:

Imagine the chaos if dozens of people changed tier mid cruise……

People would suddenly have access to Wi-Fi that would have to be credited to their account.

Peoples cards would suddenly be credited with 4 daily drinks that they didn’t have before. 

People would suddenly be allowed a bathrobe that would have to be delivered to their cabin.

People would suddenly be entitled to an amenity that they would have to select to be delivered to their cabin…..

It wouldn’t work. 

Dogs would be sleeping with cats!