This cruise price can’t be right

33 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I was looking at this cruise and this price for a balcony for a solo surely can’t be right.

4A25DE99-3FB0-485F-AE4B-1EF1B0F9E61F.png

I did some mock bookings as both solo and double, and yeah, the prices are sky high for balconies and suites on that one. It looks like balconies are nearly sold out! The prices for the next 7-day sailing (October 14) are considerably lower.

Heck, if you want to sail on the 24th instead, Celebrity Solstice has verandas at $2100 for single occupancy.

• Like 2

Correct price.  Two people in the cabin, fare is +1000.  I can get $1500 off by applying diamond discounts.  Sailing is near sold out, and 7236 is a CB fare rate.  I've been looking at a good number of sailings, and looks like the post-Covid rates are all through the roof.  Maybe if a whole bunch of you would quit booking all the good cruises some of us might get a better fare.

Edited by gmerick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, gmerick said:

Correct price.  Two people in the cabin, fare is +1000.  I can get $1500 off by applying diamond discounts.  Sailing is near sold out, and 7236 is a CB fare rate.  I've been looking at a good number of sailings, and looks like the post-Covid rates are all through the roof.  Maybe if a whole bunch of you would quit booking all the good cruises some of us might get a better fare.

More power to them!

I'm currently booked on Princess 10 Day Sea of Cortez on the Sapphire in a Aft Caribe balcony, solo with drink package, tips and wifi for a total of $1961.50.

I'm thinking this sailing on Princess might not be a go because all the previous ones have been canceled due to Visa problems for crew so I was looking at alternatives but this one is a HARD pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I was looking at this cruise and this price for a balcony for a solo surely can’t be right.

4A25DE99-3FB0-485F-AE4B-1EF1B0F9E61F.png

We're on that cruise. It is really expensive now. :classic_smile: I don't know why. September 19th (I think) is a charter. I don't know for who. Maybe they are all staying onboard? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

We have been trying to book the 19th and the 23rd as a B2B ever since RCI announced the west coast sailings. And the 19th has never been available. The price on the 23rd just kept going up and up. :classic_smile: The price now is ridiculous. I don't even bother price checking.

• Like 2

Navigator prices are high now. When we cruised this past January I had gotten a great price when the bookings opened for an OS. We booked again for March 2023 and again got a pretty good rate but RCI cancelled due to it being chartered. Luckily I got a price protection and moved to January 2023.

Love this itinerary sailed it many times until RCI left us...so happy to be doing these sailings again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Navigator prices are high now. When we cruised this past January I had gotten a great price when the bookings opened for an OS. We booked again for March 2023 and again got a pretty good rate but RCI cancelled due to it being chartered. Luckily I got a price protection and moved to January 2023.

Love this itinerary sailed it many times until RCI left us...so happy to be doing these sailings again.

Quite a contrast to last year! Early last December I spent a week on Navigator, solo in a 1D-2D, for $800 including port fees. Splendid ship, but $6k is a bit much.

• Like 2

Okay. Forget everything I said. :classic_rolleyes: Sept. 18 on Navigator has been released for booking, so no longer a charter. I don't know when it was released. But I'm not paying $2,000 for a 5-night Junior Suite on Navigator. We will just stick with our 7-night sailing. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Okay. Forget everything I said. :classic_rolleyes: Sept. 18 on Navigator has been released for booking, so no longer a charter. I don't know when it was released. But I'm not paying $2,000 for a 5-night Junior Suite on Navigator. We will just stick with our 7-night sailing. :classic_biggrin:

Our October 21, 2022 sailing on the Navigator was canceled...chartered by Atlantis. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Recently I was looking at future cruises and a 14 night Arctic cruise from Copenhagen to Boston came up.  I chose a suite room to check out the pricing and a "Guarantee Suite" popped up (which I don't believe I've ever seen before in a suite category).  So, for a "We" pick your room it was $ 2907.00 per person but if "You" pick your room it was, get this, $ 8241.00 per person.  WHAT!!!!!!!! 😬😲

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

So, for a "We" pick your room it was $ 2907.00 per person but if "You" pick your room it was, get this, $ 8241.00 per person.  WHAT!!!!

WS GTY offerings are fairly common. High pricing for the westbound TA via Iceland has been the norm for a few years, though the price diff between the GTY rate and the pick your own cabin rate is usually not that high. In the European market the pricing is much closer together - the current inventory shows one GS and OS left.

Edited by Biker19

Thanks Biker for the clarification; I've just not seen a Suite guarantee before.  I realize I'll probably end up with a JS which is fine but one can dream for the GS or the OS.  LOL  I just looked at Royal's site and it's showing nothing available in the "suite category" anymore.  It amazes me how fast rooms come and go.