Carnival/Guy Fieri announcement on June 27

tidecat

mz-s:   I agree, so much food wasted.  When I sailed on the Horizon in April this year, they ran out of bananas on the 3rd day and cartons of chocolate milk by the second day.  I asked a team member if he could find me a chocolate milk carton and he came back with chocolate milk in a pitcher, don't know where he got that from but it tasted funky.

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh good it does have pico and jalapeño.

And tortilla strips. Not big on the beans. 

2D98C3F6-DE54-488A-8C3A-A37E9D46DBFD.jpeg

Is this how they serve it or do you build it?  I was on the Horizon back in 2019 and it was just cheese or no cheese and it was no where near melty.  

1 hour ago, Kanyon71 said:

I was actually expecting like an impossible burger patty. 

The Deli has a Veggie Patty that you can order, and then go back to Guy's condiment bar to spruce it up. It's not an Impossible or Beyond burger and more of a "Gardenburger" style, at least Pre-Covid, but it's not bad when you throw condiments on it. 

1 minute ago, gopackgo21 said:

The Deli has a Veggie Patty that you can order, and then go back to Guy's condiment bar to spruce it up. It's not an Impossible or Beyond burger and more of a "Gardenburger" style, at least Pre-Covid, but it's not bad when you throw condiments on it. 

like bacon!

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, tattoos said:

mz-s:   I agree, so much food wasted.  When I sailed on the Horizon in April this year, they ran out of bananas on the 3rd day and cartons of chocolate milk by the second day.  I asked a team member if he could find me a chocolate milk carton and he came back with chocolate milk in a pitcher, don't know where he got that from but it tasted funky.

Yeah I have had too many sour milk cartons I don't even try them anymore. I guess they sit on the dock too long waiting to get loaded and get hot maybe? They're never out of date, just sour.

6 minutes ago, Ladyintheheights said:

Is this how they serve it or do you build it?  I was on the Horizon back in 2019 and it was just cheese or no cheese and it was no where near melty.  

super melty has been my experiences

42 minutes ago, Ladyintheheights said:

That's how Guy shows it in the video I posted. The cheese he uses in the video is melted cheese. What they actually use on the burgers I think is regular cheese slices.

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's how Guy shows it in the video I posted. The cheese he uses in the video is melted cheese. What they actually use on the burgers I think is regular cheese slices.

Yup....It has nacho cheese instead of sliced cheese.

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

But is it real melted cheese or Velveta?

1 hour ago, Ladyintheheights said:

You can order any of the burgers listed on the menu and they will come as they are described (including this one I'd guess). I don't think everyone realizes that and the people making the burgers sure don't tell you. They'll just hand you one off the line unless you specify you want a special one (like the chilius maximus, ringer, etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopackgo21 said:

Ya impossible has been making a lot of headway. Figured they might be trying them out. 

1 hour ago, Pyxie said:

You can order any of the burgers listed on the menu and they will come as they are described (including this one I'd guess). I don't think everyone realizes that and the people making the burgers sure don't tell you. They'll just hand you one off the line unless you specify you want a special one (like the chilius maximus, ringer, etc.)

Ah, good to know.  

On 6/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, Saint Greg said:

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to add chicken sandwiches to guys than it would be to add Shaqs to all of the ships. You just need the chicken. You already have the fryer for the fries.

Absoluteyl!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Sea Dogs on Mardi Gras is underrated. I don't think anyone has eaten there other than me.

Make that TWO people 🙂

What they lack there (amazingly) was onions and chili - at least when I was there. They indicated that they never offer chili (I'm not even sure if he understood me, or understood what chili was). What self respecting hot dog place doesn't have chili? I asked for yellow mustard, and was directed elsewhere. But, they did have what appeared to be gravy... hmmm...

i-SV9MXXL-XL.jpg

i-FW6wdpj-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, Saint Greg said:

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to add chicken sandwiches to guys than it would be to add Shaqs to all of the ships. You just need the chicken. You already have the fryer for the fries.

That's a good point but my worry about expanding anything Guys-branded is everything from there lacks quality.  Shaq's chicken sandwich is actually good - not Chik Filet good, but good.  I'll never understand how anyone likes Guys burgers with places like WholeFoods Burgers, Smashburger around.  I keep giving it a chance just because so many cruise critic friends rave but I'm beyond disappointed every time.  The fries are ok.

14 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

That's a good point but my worry about expanding anything Guys-branded is everything from there lacks quality.  Shaq's chicken sandwich is actually good - not Chik Filet good, but good.  I'll never understand how anyone likes Guys burgers with places like WholeFoods Burgers, Smashburger around.  I keep giving it a chance just because so many cruise critic friends rave but I'm beyond disappointed every time.  The fries are ok.

Well I don't know what kind of Guy's we're getting. Guys on Splendor was really bad. Even with the lack of alternatives I only ate there once. And I didn't really eat it. But you can't compare ship food to their land equivalent. I wouldn't buy any of it here. Is anyone really getting a blue iguana burrito over chipotle or moe's? I like the shaq chicken but if they were selling them down the street I wouldn't go there. I'm going to popeyes or chick-fil-a or canes. I wouldn't go to Guys if Whataburger or In-N-Out burger were next door.

Edited by Saint Greg

11 hours ago, Kanyon71 said:

I was actually expecting like an impossible burger patty. 

Not surprised, considering it's impossible to make a burger without beef. It's not a burger without beef, it's a veggie sandwich. You could already get a grilled cheese and then top it with veggies/other toppings from the self-serve toppings bar. Soy does not a burger make.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Not surprised, considering it's impossible to make a burger without beef. It's not a burger without beef, it's a veggie sandwich.

What's this, common sense?  You mean you don't fall for the marketing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

One of my friends operates a Chick-fil-A and I often joke with him that both Shaq's and Popeye's chicken sandwich are better than theirs - the thing is, I actually feel that way!

Tom