When did this change?

In the past - I have been able to move cabins if in the same category with no additional charge.

I asked my TA to move me from deck 8 to deck 10 - same category.  Royal wants to charge for the move.

I understand if it is a different category, but it is not.   When did this change?

I noticed when checking for price drops that Royal would have "Included" when selecting a cabin in the back 3rd of the ship, then "+$xxx" for the middle 3rd and/or front third.

Any chance your request changed locations?  Although now that I think about it, that should change room category I'm guessing. 

Wanted to move category 4D mid ship deck 8 to 4D forward deck 9 or 10.  They wanted to charge $250 .  I'm fine where I'm at - but I do like forward - usually quieter in the halls.  Motion doesn't bother me.  Oh well - guess they need the $$$.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crilski said:

Wanted to move category 4D mid ship deck 8 to 4D forward deck 9 or 10.  They wanted to charge $250 .  I'm fine where I'm at - but I do like forward - usually quieter in the halls.  Motion doesn't bother me.  Oh well - guess they need the $$$.

If you are sure it's the same category have them call again.  You should be able to move with no charge  What ship?

Ovation of the Seas . . . . .  I hate to bother my TA again - since there is always a long hold.  I just wondered if I missed something.  Maybe I'll email Royal - I am a Diamond+ - not like they already don't get plenty of my money.

1 hour ago, crilski said:

Ovation of the Seas . . . . .  I hate to bother my TA again - since there is always a long hold.  I just wondered if I missed something.  Maybe I'll email Royal - I am a Diamond+ - not like they already don't get plenty of my money.

Royal won't change cabins without it going through your TA.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crilski said:

Mid ship cabins are 2D.

4D are basically 10+ cabins forward (front) or aft (back) of the elevators.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

I’ve noticed as much as $129 difference in decks recently, pricing a JS. Some decks are preferred over others.

There is no difference in pricing of junior suites by deck unless it is a different category of JS.  Lots of times there will be J3 and J4 that can be booked by 2 guests and the J3 can also be booked by 4 guests.  It is the cabin classification that determines the price not the deck.  In your case it was a coincidence that one JS category was on a different deck than another JS category. 

• Thanks 1