The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 30th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning, all!Like many, the Daily and FB are my social media outlets. I found the Daily in 2020 while visiting the 2020 Grand World Voyage Roll Call. That Roll Call persisted for some time after it all ended in Perth, as we tracked each other making it home safely. Then we used it to track our luggage, which continued to sail the world for another seven months without us.

After sailing the world for seven more months, ‘resting’ in Florida for a few weeks, and then flying across North America, our luggage made it home. We last saw it on the Amsterdam in Fremantle in March 2020, and welcomed it home in Chilliwack in November.

4FC66678-1A08-4657-B2CD-4B6077D6B759.thumb.jpeg.91b68ae2bc47af6f771bfe85108857dc.jpeg

By then the contents were a mystery. It was like opening Christmas presents!

DF308533-BA63-4C3B-8E6E-148373E9B2BD.thumb.jpeg.3e12f513736f0ed87b471a066b4a6316.jpeg

DH loves chicken tikka. We have company coming for dinner tomorrow, and that might be a good meal to try then.

Yesterday we got the eves cleaned out. From the state of them, I suspect we may have missed the fall cleaning. And I swear they get a little farther from the ground every year! Today looks like a hammock and R&R day. The neighbour is coming over for a hot dog roast later, but no real work is involved in that.

@1ANGELCAT I’m so sorry about for your loss of Jaguar. Sweet memories and healing for you.

@kazu I’m glad you’re safe home. Those peonies are beautiful! Peony leaves print very well, especially from plants with dark flowers. Those have a deeper pigment.

@ger_77 I love the hamburger cut out idea for littles! DD sent me a picture of a tornado near Watrous. That’s a little close for comfort, but you would have mentioned if Saskatoon was gone.😉

@rafinmd Roy, have a wonderful trip!

Happy Thursday, everyone! Even without the floor mats, I’d rather be on a BHB!

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Ego Bodegas 2019 Goru Verde Monastrell (Jumilla)

Another grape variety with which I am unfamiliar.

Perhaps not, @cat shepard.  Monastrell is a Spanish name for the grape that in France is called Mourvedre.  Interestingly, in different regions of Spain, the same grape is called Mataro.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Perhaps not, @cat shepard.  Monastrell is a Spanish name for the grape that in France is called Mourvedre.  Interestingly, in different regions of Spain, the same grape is called Mataro.

Well by golly! You are correct.  I am a huge fan of GSM blends! Thank you. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Today is my DH's 74th birthday. We will have a nice dinner with the group tonight to celebrate. 

A very happy birthday to your DH 🎂 🥳 

65604629-EAFB-4A75-B1CE-F2A3531D3D25.gif.f7ca2df2f8cd39bd697b499fb9861890.gif

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

On the way. Train 182 dead on time!

Roy

Woo Hoo !!!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Our first cruise was in 1996 to Alaska on the old Noordam.  By 2009 we had cruised about 20 times, mostly on HAL.  But had not heard of CC.  In 2009 we booked a 49 day cruise from Miami to San Francisco around South America.  Less than two weeks before the cruise our DD told me to check out CC, particularly the roll call for our cruise.  I looked at it and they were discussing getting a visa for Brazil.  We had been told by our TA that a visa wasn't necessary.  Took a couple of days to sign up for CC to be able to post but I was able to ask if we really needed a visa.  The reply was that we wouldn't be able to board without one.  Got back to the TA and she apologized, saying she got her info from Carnival and if we express mailed our passports to the Brazil embassy in Miami she would cover the extra cost.  We did and received them back in time.  When we boarded there were a bout 100 passengers who had to stay overnight in Miami for their visas and board the ship at the next port.  That was when I learned the value of Cruise Critic and have been a member since then.

Ray

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, busy time here.  Pat is having a serious nosebleed, probably stress-related 😉, but at least his sciatica is better, and the physiotherapist gave him exercises and told him he must have bruised his hip bursa?  He cancelled the doctor's appointment.  I have sent him back to bed, and DD is roaring around getting ready for a dentist appointment to have stitches out (5 teeth pulled).  I have a haircut this afternoon.  and then hopefully,  we are ready to leave early Saturday.  Now there is a pilot strike looming in Denmark!

Happy birthday to @smitty34877's DH!  Lovely peonies, @kazu, mine are pretty well past, I will go out today and trim off the last dead heads for the gardeners to remove. Geraniums are blooming, and then there's pretty much just annuals for the summer, I didn't plant many this year, knowing we would be away.  Bon voyage, @rafinmd, keep in touch!  

DD gave us  Apple AirTags for Mother's and Father's Days and we now have them set up in our suitcases and I put one in my carry-on.  We will be able to tell if our bags make it onto the flight with us - not that we will be able to do anything about it if they don't!  You can probably tell I am feeling fatalistic about this whole expedition - "Que sera, sera!"  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Meteors are interesting; I have a watch whose dial is from a meteorite. Handshakes are out since the pandemic. Social media has it pluses and many negatives, especially for young adults. I'm on FB where I mainly play games and don't post much.

Poe's quotes are often strange.

I like the meal; I've made chicken tikka masala. I also like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Port Lincoln.

It's starting to get hotter here. Already 81F and sunny. 90's tomorrow. I'll mainly be indoors. By last night I thought I couldn't tolerate the leg wraps, as my leg was hurting. As expected, it's better today and I go back in tomorrow for the re-wrap.

@rafinmd Bon Voyage!

@kazu The peonies are lovely. 

@0106 Wow!

@marshhawk Great story on how you found the Daily!

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday to your DH!

@Vict0riann Oh no, on Pat's nosebleed. Good to hear the sciatica is better. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone and wear your mask if need be.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It will be hot today. I am always surprised by the many dogs and owners I meet at 5:30 every day.Our two are always so happy to visit with other dogs and I get to talk to the humans.A win win.

It looks like the executive  chef has voted for the vegetarian  version to make for tonight.I even have the right spices.

I have seen meteor showers  when visiting DS in  New Hampshire. We no longer shake hands but old habits die hard.I mostly stay on this thread with CC as I find some other threads not so nice.FB is used to see pictures of babies in the family.

Today is my DH's 74th birthday. We will have a nice dinner with the group tonight to celebrate. 

Terry

Happy birthday to your husband Terry.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning (as we pull into Sitka) and thank you for the dailies. Will have to have a Mojito today (LOVE Tikka). Blessings to all who need and cheers 🥂 to everyone else!

I hope you have a wonderful day in Sitka.

Graham.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It will be hot today. I am always surprised by the many dogs and owners I meet at 5:30 every day.Our two are always so happy to visit with other dogs and I get to talk to the humans.A win win.

It looks like the executive  chef has voted for the vegetarian  version to make for tonight.I even have the right spices.

I have seen meteor showers  when visiting DS in  New Hampshire. We no longer shake hands but old habits die hard.I mostly stay on this thread with CC as I find some other threads not so nice.FB is used to see pictures of babies in the family.

Terry

Terry Happy Birthday to your dear husband!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I eventually called the doctor's office about Pat's nosebleed, really heavy and lots of clots (sorry! TMI?), and was told to take him to the hospital, so we went to the General where there was a lineup out the doors to Emergency, so we turned around and made for the little hospital near us, which I always forget about, the Saanich Peninsula Hospital, and  I just dropped him off there.   He has the newspaper to read and I will  wait for his call to pick him up.  If I am at my hairdresser, DD will have to go to get him, and hopefully she will be back from the dentist and feeling okay...  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11

Good day and thanks all!   Love meteors, one of my favourite memories was watching the Pleiades meteor shower off the back of BHB Off of a Greece.  We had a crazy start,  no water!  Finally back on, yikes! 
lovely flowers Jacqui, I’m still waiting for my peonies to open!   
@smitty34877 happy birthday to your DH,  it is also my DHs birthday today.  

754B2FCC-021E-4D82-BC07-59AA149FD6F3.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

We will be having Tandoori chicken for supper along with Jasmine rice, garlic naan bread, chana masala and mutter paneer.   I will be using "boil in bag" options for the chana masala and the mutter paneer.  The chicken was from Costco earlier today with a  bottle of tandoori cooking sauce poured over "most" of the chicken and heated up for supper. 

Our Costco was so busy, the parking lot was like Christmas Eve, with parking spots  being filled as soon as they were vacated.  I needed to pick up some  medication for dh, otherwise I wouldn't have gone anywhere near a Costco on the day before they are closed for a holiday. 

• Like 22

26 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!   Love meteors, one of my favourite memories was watching the Pleiades meteor shower off the back of BHB Off of a Greece.  We had a crazy start,  no water!  Finally back on, yikes! 

@bennybear.

Pauline and I wish your husband a very Happy Birthday.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Brenda

Happy Birthday to your DH. May his new year be filled with love, laughter, great health and a cruise or two!

FB0638BE-40DD-4FF0-83BA-6ED5FA445F1E.jpeg.a12db38b0928ac7b561476a5a4958b74.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Please wish your DH 🎂 A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

It's been a busy day.  DH had a follow up appointment with the PA and later another PT session.  We got back home in time foe me to get to my haircut appointment.  It's amazing how much lighter I feel after a haircut even if the bathroom scales don't always agree.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Meteors are interesting; I have a watch whose dial is from a meteorite. Handshakes are out since the pandemic. Social media has it pluses and many negatives, especially for young adults. I'm on FB where I mainly play games and don't post much.

Poe's quotes are often strange.

I like the meal; I've made chicken tikka masala. I also like the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Port Lincoln.

It's starting to get hotter here. Already 81F and sunny. 90's tomorrow. I'll mainly be indoors. By last night I thought I couldn't tolerate the leg wraps, as my leg was hurting. As expected, it's better today and I go back in tomorrow for the re-wrap.

@rafinmd Bon Voyage!

@kazu The peonies are lovely. 

@0106 Wow!

@marshhawk Great story on how you found the Daily!

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday to your DH!

@Vict0riann Oh no, on Pat's nosebleed. Good to hear the sciatica is better. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone and wear your mask if need be.

Vanessa, I glad your leg feels better today.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I eventually called the doctor's office about Pat's nosebleed, really heavy and lots of clots (sorry! TMI?), and was told to take him to the hospital, so we went to the General where there was a lineup out the doors to Emergency, so we turned around and made for the little hospital near us, which I always forget about, the Saanich Peninsula Hospital, and  I just dropped him off there.   He has the newspaper to read and I will  wait for his call to pick him up.  If I am at my hairdresser, DD will have to go to get him, and hopefully she will be back from the dentist and feeling okay...  

Ann, I'm sorry about Pat's nosebleed.  I hope he got help at the hospital.  That is good news that Pat's siatica is better.  I hope your DD is fine after the dental visit.  Sending good thoughts that tomorrow is better and that all your flights are a go and are on time.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Cruise Critic is the only social media site I am willing to use.  However, I frequently get emails from people on Linked In who think I am still an instructor at Olympic College, our local community college.  That was 20 years ago.  Tried to use our battery operated LG vacuum cleaner this morning and it quit working.  Checked our storage room and I still had the box and the Costco receipt on it from August, 2020.  Spent half an hour putting it back in the box and took it back to the store.  They happily took it back and refunded me more than $400.  Now I have to look online and see if there is a better one than that.  I like the idea of a cordless vacuum.

Just sent an email to my online TA asking him to cancel one 14 day Westerdam cruise around Japan and replace it with another 14 day one.  Also noticed two existing cruises have decreased in price, so asking him if he can do anything about that.  Of course the real question is whether or not we will be able to cruise around Japan this coming Spring.

Ray

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, time for a cup of coffee and a check-in here.  Our family is on their way and should arrive around 8 this evening.  I can hear DH "resting up" in front of the television, in anticipation of needing extra energy for the littles tonight. 

@smitty34877wishing your DH a very Happy Birthday!

@bennybearwishing your DH a very Happy Birthday as well!  I hope both gentlemen have many happy returns of the day.

@Vict0riannsorry to hear about DH's nosebleed; hopefully they can get it stopped and he won't have a recurrence of it.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday afternoon!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3