Mariner check in procedure port canaveral

I will be driving to Florida on Friday to board mariner on Saturday. 

I’m not new to cruising but new to the procedure of checking in with scheduled times and procedures. 

there will be 6 adults and a child. 
taking separate cars. 

I know the family with the child will have to be tested. So do they arrive earlier then their scheduled time? . Do they test before you drop the luggage off? How long does it take to get results?

For the other 2 couples how early should we arrive?  How long did it take you to get to the area to drop the luggage off?

want to make sure we have enough time to drop luggage park the cars and be on time for our check in. 

i read today that someone said it took them an hour to get into the terminal. 

just trying to figure out how to do this. We all have the same check in time. 11:30

can anyone who has done this give me some information?

thank you!

Edited by mommao729

You will get everything from the aforementioned hour to right in.  It all depends on how many are arriving at the same time you are.  My opinion (which is like an unmentionable body part - everyone’s got one!) would be to arrive around 11am.  Drop off luggage & park.  If you are 10 minutes one way or the other, they’ll still let you on the ship!  I have no experience with testing at the terminal so have no opinion (though I still have that body part!) on that.

Don’t sweat it too much and enjoy the cruise

Edited by poocher
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mommao729 said:

I’m not new to cruising but new to the procedure of checking in with scheduled times and procedures. 

taking separate cars. 

I know the family with the child will have to be tested. - Yes, Correct.

So do they arrive earlier then their scheduled time? - No. .

Do they test before you drop the luggage off? - No, it is actually just a table setup just past the area where you drop off the luggage.

How long does it take to get results? - Not sure, I just observed it going on, not actually experienced it. I do know that they put you in a waiting area while you wait for the results to come in.

For the other 2 couples how early should we arrive? Really makes no difference. They don't really check your time anymore.

How long did it take you to get to the area to drop the luggage off? Not sure what you mean. You actually pull your vehicle up to the terminal, drop off your luggage and/or passengers and then just go park your vehicle. Very easy and convenient..

want to make sure we have enough time to drop luggage park the cars and be on time for our check in. - Shouldn't be an issue (see above).

i read today that someone said it took them an hour to get into the terminal. - Yes, depending on how full your sailing is and the itinerary it could take a while. When we sailed her back in May we were going to "Bermuda" and that had a whole list of other check-in requirements. It took a long time to get to the check-in counter and be approved to sail.

just trying to figure out how to do this. We all have the same check in time. 11:30 - I suggest that you all plan to be there around 11:00 - 11:30. It will take whatever time it takes to get everybody checked in.

I hope that this helps. Remember that this was our experience in May. It might be different now.

I know the family with the child will have to be tested.

Only the child will have to be tested at the pier.  Make sure the other members of the family are aware they still have to provide their own test and that the child also does their test as per the guidelines

taking separate cars. 

I know the family with the child will have to be tested. So do they arrive earlier then their scheduled time? . Do they test before you drop the luggage off? How long does it take to get results?

For the other 2 couples how early should we arrive?  How long did it take you to get to the area to drop the luggage off?

want to make sure we have enough time to drop luggage park the cars and be on time for our check in. 

i read today that someone said it took them an hour to get into the terminal. 

just trying to figure out how to do this. We all have the same check in time. 11:30

can anyone who has done this give me some information?

thank you!

I know many cruisers do not like to wait, but when I travel, however I travel, I am always 3 hours early, waiting does not bother me a bit.

55 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm onboard now and there were very long lines outside the terminal and it wasn't very organized. It did take some an hour to board. 

I’m also onboard now & there were long lines for our shuttle to stop and drop bags to porters.  Lots of vehicle traffic at terminal 5.

If you are in a suite you will move through checkin quickly.  I cannot speak for the others lines though.  Our checkin time was 11 and we were onboard by 11:45.  We had most all our materials pre printed which helps speed things up rather than searching through phones.  Hope that helps.  

Got this for our 7/4 Mariner cruise:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard tomorrow!

It’s extremely important to arrive during your pre-selected arrival time on boarding day, in terminal 5. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific amount of guests, it is critical that you adhere to your arrival time! Those who arrive sooner will be turned away to avoid an overcrowding of guests at the terminal and asked to return during their scheduled time. If you haven’t already selected a time yet, we kindly ask you to please visit our appand select a time.

Keep these on hand when arriving:

Travel documents

Vaccination record

Negative Test result or Certificate of Recovery + your positive PCR test result

You'll need these items from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Got this for our 7/4 Mariner cruise:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard tomorrow!

It’s extremely important to arrive during your pre-selected arrival time on boarding day, in terminal 5. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific amount of guests, it is critical that you adhere to your arrival time! Those who arrive sooner will be turned away to avoid an overcrowding of guests at the terminal and asked to return during their scheduled time. If you haven’t already selected a time yet, we kindly ask you to please visit our appand select a time.

Keep these on hand when arriving:

Travel documents

Vaccination record

Negative Test result or Certificate of Recovery + your positive PCR test result

You'll need these items from the moment you arrive to the port all the way to boarding the ship.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

And how did boarding go yesterday?  Did they enforce boarding times?

46 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We had most all our materials pre printed which helps speed things up rather than searching through phones.  Hope that helps.  

Having everything printed definitely speeds things along…..

6 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

We ended up cancelling this one a while ago, but they still sent the email. Apparently their systems don’t link with each other.

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Not at 10:30. They did have someone come out to the long line outside asking for suite guests and people having the key and they took them inside 

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Not at 10:30. They did have someone come out to the long line outside asking for suite guests and people having the key and they took them inside 

Well poop.  

Hoping they get it together in the next two weeks, but not holding my breath.  

1 minute ago, FLConnie said:

First time sailing from PC.  Can you drop off your "checked" bags and then go park?  Or is it just as easy to park and roll them with us? 

Yes. Very easy to drop off the luggage (and passengers) first and then go park your vehicle.

• Like 2

Last week at main Royal terminal (1?) Cape Canaveral there was a single line to get into the terminal except for suites/key.  Line was a zigzag maze going out to the end of the garage, wrapped back near door and then back to the end of the garage.  No checking of boarding time and no separate queues for times.  Groups with kids that needed testing were pulled where the line got closest to the terminal so they didn't have to go back out again and through the maze.  Not sure if Mariner will use this terminal or the one across the bay for OPs cruise.  Taxi/Uber dropoff was on the side next to the line.  Buses were on the inside and were closer to the end of the actual line.

2 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Last week at main Royal terminal (1?) Cape Canaveral there was a single line to get into the terminal except for suites/key.  Line was a zigzag maze going out to the end of the garage, wrapped back near door and then back to the end of the garage.  No checking of boarding time and no separate queues for times.  Groups with kids that needed testing were pulled where the line got closest to the terminal so they didn't have to go back out again and through the maze.  Not sure if Mariner will use this terminal or the one across the bay for OPs cruise.  Taxi/Uber dropoff was on the side next to the line.  Buses were on the inside and were closer to the end of the actual line.

So is it easier to just park first and take our luggage rather than deal with a crowded drop off and then try to park? We are in a suite, so not worried about the line.  I know at some ports, it's hard to drive in, drop off and then get back to park.

The parking garage for Terminal 1 is attached to the terminal.  Royal also often uses a terminal 5 for Mariner.  According to the port their parking is adjacent, but we haven't been there.  My guess is that unless you have problems walking a few steps it would be better to park first.

18 hours ago, FLConnie said:

So is it easier to just park first and take our luggage rather than deal with a crowded drop off and then try to park? We are in a suite, so not worried about the line.  I know at some ports, it's hard to drive in, drop off and then get back to park.

It is very easy to loop back and park. 

On 7/5/2022 at 12:48 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

We left Monday and our boarding time was never checked once. 

We got there at 11:25 for 11:30 boarding time and were on the ship by 11:40.

The other part of our group arrived at 12:40 and and they got on at 2. The lines were insane at that point. 

• Thanks 1