Last Minute Question while Packing

32 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH and I did dress for dinner- we didn't wear evening gowns or Tux's, but decent CLEAN long pants and collard shirts.  I cannot understand why people have issues dealing with pants?  In the evening the ships are typically cool.  

No issue dealing with pants.  When on vacation I just choose to be as comfortable as possible.  I don't wear a tie either on vacation........not even with my shorts.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Oh the days of packing the tux for formal nights............those days are gone and happily soon to be forgotten.

Naw, there are people who like dressing up, and they don't bother anyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH and I did dress for dinner- we didn't wear evening gowns or Tux's, but decent CLEAN long pants and collard shirts.  I cannot understand why people have issues dealing with pants?  In the evening the ships are typically cool.  

Well, we've been cruising for a long time and noticed the gradual allowances of people slipping through even when the rule was still active. I prefer wearing shorts to the MDR. So now you have an understanding that, some people, incredible as it may seem - may host differing opinions. I cannot understand why you have issues with me wanting to wear shorts to dinner. That is YOUR problem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I never heard of this rule. Nope men are wearing shorts even on dress your best night.

It used to be a rule and they enforced it.  In fact, they used to make people go change if they weren't dressed appropriately (dress code).  The current info on the website still says "shorts are welcome at breakfast and lunch".

For the MDR dinner my DH brings a couple of pairs of khakis and a pair of dressier slacks with one tie, dress shirt and polos.  I wear capris (not denim) or dresses every night.  All just as easy to pack as shorts.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Because one has a personal preference, does not make it an "issue".  I cannot understand why other people care what someone else is wearing.

• Like 4