The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 11th, 2022

richwmn

56 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  It's 3pm and 103F.  We will be inside the rest of the day.  At least, at my doctor visit and DH's PT session, both places were nice and cool inside.  It was just getting to and from the car, and the hot car that was the problem.  DH said that several of the exercises are getting easier, but some others are increasing in difficultly.  I'd say the PT is showing results.

@dfish  Debbie, that's good news you decided to call about your flights again.  Glad you have the ticket numbers and that the problem seems to be resolved.  Now, you and relax and get ready for your flights and cruise.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy. It soumds like you and your sister are having a lot of fun.

@cruzn single  Mary Kay, just look at your temperatures as a way to begin to acclimate for your trip.  I hope everything goes smoothly and that it doesn't get too hot for you.

Lenda

I would agree, but my DSis just told me it was 113 in Sun City West.  Guess I need to start walking outside - NOT! 🤪🤪

@rafinmd, my condolences on your loss. What a long life to have lived.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had sad news today.  A cousin just north of the New York/Quebec boarder passed away today.  It was not terribly expected and I think she was almost 90, but it still a loss.

Roy

I am sorry for your loss Roy.  Prayers for her and for her family.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good late afternoon. It is cloudy and hopefully we will get some rain. There are showers around us... so far nothing in my area. Roy -I am sorry to hear about your cousin. And Jacqui.... sounds like you are planning on some canine company. Glad your dog sitter could help out. For all those having health issues, by most positive thoughts. 

Today was banking and checking on shelter progress. I have gotten little done at home. Hope for a better day tomorrow.

Susan

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I would agree, but my DSis just told me it was 113 in Sun City West.  Guess I need to start walking outside - NOT! 🤪🤪

@rafinmd, my condolences on your loss. What a long life to have lived.

That's why we don't spend summers in Quartzsite.  This year, it's almost as bad here, but hasn't gotten in the 110s, but at this rate, I hate to think what temperatures August will bring.

Lenda

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had sad news today.  A cousin just north of the New York/Quebec boarder passed away today.  It was not terribly expected and I think she was almost 90, but it still a loss.

Roy

I'm so sorry, Roy.  May  your cousin rest in peace after a good, long life.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well I was seen by one of the PA's at my doctor's office this morning.  He agreed we should do an ultrasound which he couldn't have done there.  So I had my choice of the imaging facility two blocks away or the hospital next door.  I chose the imaging facility (had gone there for a bone density test once), they called and got me an appointment for three hours later.  So I went home and had lunch and waited around to go back.  I hate doing that with gas prices so high but that was too long to just goof off somewhere.  It's only 20 minutes drive back or forth.

I had the ultrasound done on both legs, not just the right leg, and am waiting for them to call the PA, and then for him to call me.  From what the technician was saying I think there was nothing she could see on the ultrasounds, but will have to wait for confirmation.  So we wait.

I'm glad you were seen by the PA and had the ultrasound.   Now, to just get the report back!

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  It's 3pm and 103F.  We will be inside the rest of the day.  At least, at my doctor visit and DH's PT session, both places were nice and cool inside.  It was just getting to and from the car, and the hot car that was the problem.  DH said that several of the exercises are getting easier, but some others are increasing in difficultly.  I'd say the PT is showing results.

That is good news about DH's PT sessions.  As long as you are getting positive results it is worth the effort.  It is amazing how much physical therapy can accomplish.

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  Debbie, that's good news you decided to call about your flights again.  Glad you have the ticket numbers and that the problem seems to be resolved.  Now, you and relax and get ready for your flights and cruise.

Now I have to call about my friend Donna's reservation.  There seems to be a glitch there as well.  Grrrr.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Okay not a blood clot according to the PA call.  But no real idea what it is.  Said to make an appointment in a few weeks with my usual PA and see how it goes.  Could improve before then.  Said I could take warm baths at bedtime.  Said perhaps I could see an orthopedist in the future.  Not sure why. I am frustrated with this. Maybe I'll take a pain reliever before bedtime, try a heating pad.  Or perhaps ice?  This is the confusion that results from no real diagnosis...

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 10

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay not a blood clot according the the PA call.  But no real idea what it is.  Said to make an appointment in a few weeks with my usual PA and see how it goes.  Could improve before then.  Said I could take warm baths at bedtime.  Said perhaps I could see an orthopedist in the future.  Not sure why. I am frustrated with this. Maybe I'll take a pain reliever before bedtime, try a heating pad.  Or perhaps ice?  This is the confusion that results from no real diagnosis...

Sometimes I rub in a little Aspercreme.  It doesn't have a medicine smell and works well.  I'm relieved to hear it isn't a blood clot. 

Edited by dfish
  • Like 15

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

Sometimes I rub in a little Aspercreme.  It doesn't have a medicine smell and works well.  I'm relieved to hear it isn't a blood clot. 

Yes, that is a relief.  But when I'm up walking the house at night to relieve the pain I'd like a little more help.  Maybe I could try something like Aspercreme.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay not a blood clot according the the PA call.  But no real idea what it is.  Said to make an appointment in a few weeks with my usual PA and see how it goes.  Could improve before then.  Said I could take warm baths at bedtime.  Said perhaps I could see an orthopedist in the future.  Not sure why. I am frustrated with this. Maybe I'll take a pain reliever before bedtime, try a heating pad.  Or perhaps ice?  This is the confusion that results from no real diagnosis...

Good news on no blood clot. But it's always frustrating when it's not known what the issue is. Take it easy and try to rest some.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Made it to Sea/Tac and the airport Marriott. Definitely the most beautiful day of our trip. Enjoyed the beautiful scenery along the way. Stopped for lunch at a local Fish and Chip and enjoyed some superb fried oysters at the Oyster Capitol Of The World. Such a beautiful day and Mount Ranier was showing her beauty along the way.

Early flight home and Wednesday we start packing for Scotland and Norway. Oregon and Washington State are beautiful.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Okay not a blood clot according to the PA call.  But no real idea what it is.  Said to make an appointment in a few weeks with my usual PA and see how it goes.  Could improve before then.  Said I could take warm baths at bedtime.  Said perhaps I could see an orthopedist in the future.  Not sure why. I am frustrated with this. Maybe I'll take a pain reliever before bedtime, try a heating pad.  Or perhaps ice?  This is the confusion that results from no real diagnosis...

Do you have any Voltaren? If so, rub it on the back of your knee.  Also some advil may do the trick.  So don’t aggravate it and take it easy.   Listen to Dr. Terri. LOL.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Do you have any Voltaren? If so, rub it on the back of your knee.  Also some advil may do the trick.  So don’t aggravate it and take it easy.   Listen to Dr. Terri. LOL.

Terri

Thanks for the advice.  Yes, I have Volataren gel and will try that.  I do listen to the doctors here!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice.  Yes, I have Volataren gel and will try that.  I do listen to the doctors here!

Voltaren is good as well.   Sometimes I wake up and my legs don't actually hurt hurt, but they have a heavy feeling to them and need to be moved.  I end up getting up and walking the house in the middle of the night.  Voltaren gel or Aspercreme do help that.  I think my problem is coming from my back.  I do back stretches right before I go to bed and that seems to help.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Greetings on a very wet cool Tuesday, temperature expected to  reach 8 C, more rain is forecast. Raining throughout the country, snowing in the high country. 

Thanks for all the daily reports.

@rafinmd Roy, so sorry to read of the death of your cousin , we send you our sincere condolences. 

@StLouisCruisers pleased that the ultrasound  shows no blood clot.

@smitty34877 sorry you are unable to visit Camilla and family due to Covid, hope that  they have mild cases.

Covid case numbers  continue to increase.  

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

To those of you going to Europe.  A word of advice from my Mayo Clinic orthopedic doctor.

Go to a pharmacy in any country. You can get a higher strength Voltaren over the counter. Just ask for Voltaren Forte.  

It costs about 20 Euros.  i have two tubes at home.  Must more effective than the OTC you can get in the US

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I have just gotten word that my older DB is suddenly down very, very sick with Covid. He's been a long distance racer all his adult life and was scheduled to sail his final race starting this Saturday in the 98th BYC Race to Mackinac. My DSIL says DB's too sick to be disappointed that his competitive career will end without him.

@marshhawkThanks for mentioning that you add blueberries to Jiffy cornbread mix. With Jiffy being a Michigan company, it's a family tradition and my pantry is never without a mix or two. Until tonight, I had never added anything to their cornbread. Blueberries! Magical! And, the blueberry cornbread muffins were the perfect accompaniment to our pork chops and sauteed broccoli plus a much lighter summer side than the sweet potato I'd usually serve. Thanks!

@rafinmd  Please add my prayers and condolences on the loss of your cousin to those of the other Daily-ites.

-Melisa

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I have just gotten word that my older DB is suddenly down very, very sick with Covid. He's been a long distance racer all his adult life and was scheduled to sail his final race starting this Saturday in the 98th BYC Race to Mackinac. My DSIL says DB's too sick to be disappointed that his competitive career will end without him.

@marshhawkThanks for mentioning that you add blueberries to Jiffy cornbread mix. With Jiffy being a Michigan company, it's a family tradition and my pantry is never without a mix or two. Until tonight, I had never added anything to their cornbread. Blueberries! Magical! And, the blueberry cornbread muffins were the perfect accompaniment to our pork chops and sauteed broccoli plus a much lighter summer side than the sweet potato I'd usually serve. Thanks!

@rafinmd  Please add my prayers and condolences on the loss of your cousin to those of the other Daily-ites.

-Melisa

Melisa, I'm sorry you DB is so sick with Covid.  Sending positive thoughts that he improves quickly and makes a full recovery.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Now I have to call about my friend Donna's reservation.  There seems to be a glitch there as well.  Grrrr.

Yikes! 😱  Debbie, I can't believe you now have to do battle about your friend  Donna's reservation too.  Good luck, and hope this time, with your experience today, it will be easier to straighten out.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd My condolences.  It doesn’t matter the age,  its still a loss even when it’s expected.   We’ve loved those older people even longer.  Sending prayers!  
@StLouisCruisers sorry you have no definitive diagnosis,   The ships DR had me elevate my leg and use ice when it wasn’t a blood clot.  That seemed to help me.  
@HAL Sailer prayers for your DB

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That is a big relief it is not a blood clot Sandi.

It might be a trapped nerve or a bursitis but I understand why you want a proper diagnosis but hopefully the pain might go away on its own.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

I'm sorry to hear your brother is very sick with Covid.

Prayers 🙏 he makes a quick recovery.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear the recent news about Roy’s cousin and Melisa’s brother.  Sad news. At least a bit of good news that it’s not a DVT, Sandi, hope you do get a proper diagnosis pdq.

I feel silly complaining about temps in the 90’s when others are way up in the 100’s!  But this is a dirty old city, there seems to be no fresh air anywhere.  I had a really bad time on the busses yesterday, I could hardly breathe with a mask on, eventually had to take it off, no one else was wearing one, although there were signs up to wear them.   I did cancel our outing to the Tower, DC agreed, but said she would go in anyway, just to see Superbloom.  We’ll meet up for dinner.  It was very pleasant last night for dinner along the river, outdoors. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

So sorry to hear about your DB and how bad his case of Covid is.  What a shame he can't continue on with plans for the race.  Prayers for his quick recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1