Kummelweck sandwich

On 7/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you kiwigal117, and I am eager to give it a try.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:53 PM, JOHN 57 said:

not sure yet, did watch the video   Never had one before, will on our cruise, 15 August on Grandeur of seas.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you Jerseygirl1416, looking forward to trying it out.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:22 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you livingonthebeach and yogimax, it is something to try.  Just depends on how it is cooked.  still looking forward to trying on 15 August.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you reallyitsmema, looking forward to trying out 15 August.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you for the info, just have try the sandwich to see, what it is all about.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, JOHN 57 said:

defintely will try it out.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:56 PM, JOHN 57 said:

hello and thank yo mcgore83.  I am eager to try sandwich out on 15 August

On 7/15/2022 at 8:10 AM, JOHN 57 said:

I am eager to try out on 15 August.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:52 AM, JOHN 57 said:

Looking forward to lunch after embarkation day

On 7/15/2022 at 11:33 AM, JOHN 57 said:

waiting till the 15th of August, to try it.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:07 PM, JOHN 57 said:

yes, something new to try out.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, JOHN 57 said:

thank you both, I will defintely give it a try.

15 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

the sandwich looks good, eager to try out 15 August.

2 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

so many people have commented, I defintely have to try out 15 August.

11 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

BecciBoo sounds like good advice, but I have to try on 15 August, to see for myself, so I can say, that I tried.

Be sure to mark your calendar so you don't forget.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Be sure to mark your calendar so you don't forget.  😄

Lol I noticed that too.  Somebody is very excited!  On 15 August.

I just hope it's not a terrible letdown if it's not good.  On 15 August.

Edited by time4u2go

23 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

BecciBoo sounds like good advice, but I have to try on 15 August, to see for myself, so I can say, that I tried.

The reviews seem to be split 50-50.  I suggest you try it 3 times, best 2 of 3 wins the taste test. Or loses depending on how you look at it.  

Edited by HBE4

48 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@neverbeenhereI really enjoy reading what you have to say but sometimes I can’t because your spinning icon really makes me sick. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?  😊😊😊

I find it a lot less annoying than the animated gif ones that bounce up and down every second or so.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I have gotten this roast beef sandwich on every Oasis class ship except Harmony and Wonder and as subjective as food is, I can honestly say.....just meh!  I wouldn't waste another lunch on one.  They were all really grisly, not even good roast beef.  Go up to windjammer, find the right roll, go to the carving station and get really good beef and au jus and make your own!

Get the roll and take it up with you to the Windjammer.

• Like 1

This reminds me of my muffuletta experience. I had never even heard of one until we were on the Carnival Mardi Gras and went to Emeril's Bistro. There was a surcharge for it (perhaps $5-6?), but over the two weeks I was on the ship, I wanted to try as many things as I could. I REALLY enjoyed it:

i-dxrWsqh-XL.jpg

After returning home, I found a local deli which supposedly had a great one (even implying it was a specialty of theirs). Well, it was very light on the meat and had almost a CUP of olives on the sandwich:

i-G3tbwnD-XL.jpg

i-Ws8xNWC-XL.jpg

Last ditch attempt at getting one which was as good (or better) than on Carnival - I ordered an "original" one through Goldbelly:

i-9KdhLLj-XL.jpg

It was just OK - nothing to write home about... Oddly, the ship still ranks as #1. No doubt, whenever I get a chance to try another (probably on the Celebration) it probably will be one of those situations where you can't step into the same river twice!

Tom

On 7/14/2022 at 9:44 PM, Markmom18 said:

I had one a long time ago on the Oasis (2018).  My 1 experience … the beef was tough thick slices on a ehhh roll.

My Mom (86 now) grew up in Grand Island, NewYork. All my relatives live there. Now, there’s one of the BEST Beef & salty top roll!  

Back in around 2016/2017 I went on a cruise out of Jacksonville. My cousin joined me.The night before the cruise we had the most delicious beef ‘n wick. She brought it on the plane … 😋😋😋😋

P.S.

I don’t know the proper spelling. Is it Kimmelwick, Kimmelweck, Kummelwick or Kummelweck ?? 😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Kümmelweck

22 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

Of course you do....here's another strategy, go and just get the bun, take it up to the carving station in Windjammer...yum....I think it's really the bun than matters.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, Billy Baltic said:

Can’t understand the fascination with these. It’s beef in a roll 🤷‍♂️

Agreed!!  I tried it once.  The roll was good, but stuffed inside was one measly slice of very fatty roast beef.  Hard pass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Agreed!!  I tried it once.  The roll was good, but stuffed inside was one measly slice of very fatty roast beef.  Hard pass.

The issue is it's YMMV depending on ship, staff, time of day, phase of the moon.

It's not really fair to base it on one experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

The issue is it's YMMV depending on ship, staff, time of day, phase of the moon.

It's not really fair to base it on one experience.

I guess I should be more specific.  I tried it once, but have seen it the looking same on many other plates and pictures over the years - before and after my one sample tasting. To be fair, though, I prefer more condiments on my sandwiches - lettuce, pickles, mustard, etc.  Personal preference, I guess.

• 2 months later...