What happens if husband/wife/couple have different check in times

• sunlover2 changed the title to What happens if husband/wife/couple have different check in times
7 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

From what I have read, check in is per person, not per cabin.

What happens if they get different check in times?

Thanks!

Change times to agree if you are worried 

• Like 2

We've always checked in as a family. Usually just my wife and I, sometimes with the kids. On my most recent cruise in March, we traveled with another couple. Our reservations were linked. We had different check-in times. When I completed the on-line check-in, it said to arrive at our assigned time with our entire traveling party. All four of us showed up together and had no questions asked. We went to different agents at the counter but, we all checked in at the same time.

This is very helpful.   I sent my passport in for a renewal.  It should be back with plenty of time to spare for the cruise, but might not make the day that check in opens.  I will check my husband in and try to get an early time.  I won’t worry if mine is done later and I end up with a different time. 

3 minutes ago, robsmom said:

This is very helpful.   I sent my passport in for a renewal.  It should be back with plenty of time to spare for the cruise, but might not make the day that check in opens.  I will check my husband in and try to get an early time.  I won’t worry if mine is done later and I end up with a different time. 

You should be able to use the app for check-in and go right to the boarding time to pick a slot for both of you.  You can come back later to enter all the other info (passports, vaccines, etc.).

• Like 1

Just now, rudeney said:

You should be able to use the app for check-in and go right to the boarding time to pick a slot for both of you.  You can come back later to enter all the other info (passports, vaccines, etc.).

Thank You, I did not realize this.  Will do.   

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Is it even possible to have different check in times?  Don't everyone on the ticket check in at same time?   I guess it's possible if not linked together but I don't think it would be possible.

Yes of course.  I always check in both my DH and myself and you walk through each individual one at a time.  We've had the same times so far on our cruises mainly because I check in around 730 am on check in day so times are all wide open.  I got 10 am for both of us for our EN cruise this Friday.

• Like 1

I am sailing on August 7. I have family of 5, across 3 cabins. I have them all linked.  When I went to check in, all three cabins were there for me to click on, and check in at the same time. No worries. Just link the reservations before check in through your travel agent or Royal, and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, robsmom said:

You have to enter some form of ID in order to get a check in time  I didn't have my passport when I checked in online so I put in birth cert and then went back and changed it when my passport arrived

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are sailing with a group of friends that consists of four adults in two different cabins. If I linked the reservations together for dining and entertainment purposes will this also include check-in? Will I be able to select early check-in for all four of us since we will be traveling together?

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes.

Thank you!  I had visions of someone standing around for a few hours and hoped it wasn’t me, lol.  I will definitely be prepared to select a boarding time for everyone. What information will I need to do that? Just the booking numbers for both cabins?  Also, how will I know when it is time to select our boarding time?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What information will I need to do that? Just the booking numbers for both cabins?  Also, how will I know when it is time to select our boarding time?

Check in usually starts at 45 days out. If you are linked, all of the bookings should show up in the app, just go into each name and pick the check in time - no other info is needed for that. You'll need all of the rest of the info to complete the check in.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Check in usually starts at 45 days out. If you are linked, all of the bookings should show up in the app, just go into each name and pick the check in time - no other info is needed for that. You'll need all of the rest of the info to complete the check in.

Perfect, thank you!