Luggage Tags Wrong C & A Status

I just printed the luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on Adventure of the Seas. It has the correct cabin number but it's showing a gold C & A status and it should be emerald. This might sound like a weird question, but just making sure this will make no difference. I'm assuming the Cabin Stewart will know my correct C & A status (since it's correct on the app) and the luggage tags are literally just for the luggage? If that's the case as I suspect, obviously I will leave it as is. Does anyone know if it makes any difference? Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

I've always wondered why it's even there in the first place. It sort of implies that they will treat your luggage differently depending on CA status. Do they get P & D+ to the rooms faster than gold? DO they stack them on the top of the luggage cart instead of the bottom?🤣

It doesn't make a difference as far as the delivery of your luggage, but I would verify that all the C&A numbers and statuses are correct on your booking.  When our cruise docs came through with the luggage tags, it had my DH with no status and mine was correct.  I called and asked why there was no status, they found that there were two C&A numbers for my DH and an audit had deleted the one that I have been using for him for almost 20 years.  The number was corrected in the booking and his luggage tags were fixed.

43 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Luggage tags are issued with the status of the lowest tiered passenger on the reservation.

That would explain it since the person I'm traveling with has Gold C & A status. I wonder why they would use the status of the lowest tiered passenger. Based on the responses it appears the C & A status on the luggage means absolutely nothing (apparently except Star Class) as I suspected. But of course that begs the question, then why put it on the luggage at all? 

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I've always wondered why it's even there in the first place. It sort of implies that they will treat your luggage differently depending on CA status. Do they get P & D+ to the rooms faster than gold? DO they stack them on the top of the luggage cart instead of the bottom?🤣

Seems the  higher the category, the longer it takes to get luggage. I speak from  experience. 😄

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Probably depends on how much you tip the porters loading your luggage 🤣😂🤑

It literally makes no difference to your room steward either.  They deliver whatever they are given to deliver by the LA who just works off a list of cruisers.  So, verify with the LA, but otherwise, luggage tags and stewards are a non-issue in terms of your status.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChC said:

It was not the case when I cruise with lower tiered friends in the same cabin (few times already in the past). The luggage tag always showed my tier.

My guess is who is the named first passenger matters. If the OP is booked as the second passenger, it is likely OP's companion (Gold) was booked as the leading passenger (i.e. the First named passenger).

Apparently it's one of the many Royal IT "enhancements".  🙄

My experience was 1st & 2nd passengers were Diamond, 3rd was Platinum.  All of us were issued Platinum tags.

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually I don't think my C&A status was even listed on the last couple of tags I printed out.  Not something I would pay attention to anyway.  😉

We got back 8 days ago and I didn't check and honestly don't remember either way.  As long as I get my luggage the tags can say just about anything and I wouldn't care.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The porters will not care one way or the other.  They will deliver them late, damaged or to the wrong room regardless of your status.

Agree. Even when one of the suitcases is wrapped in duck tape. 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Garycruz said:

I just printed the luggage tags for my upcoming cruise on Adventure of the Seas. It has the correct cabin number but it's showing a gold C & A status and it should be emerald. This might sound like a weird question, but just making sure this will make no difference. I'm assuming the Cabin Stewart will know my correct C & A status (since it's correct on the app) and the luggage tags are literally just for the luggage? If that's the case as I suspect, obviously I will leave it as is. Does anyone know if it makes any difference? Thanks in advance.

I always write pinnacle on our luggage tags.😇 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChC said:

It was not the case when I cruise with lower tiered friends in the same cabin (few times already in the past). The luggage tag always showed my tier.

My guess is who is the named first passenger matters. If the OP is booked as the second passenger, it is likely OP's companion (Gold) was booked as the leading passenger (i.e. the First named passenger).

I was the first passenger booked but they used the C & A status of the second passenger in my case. So it does not appear to be consistent in this regard which I guess isn’t too surprising.