On board coral Princess now

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

I will plead ignorant, as there is no way I would have watched that movie anyway. Lets rephrase to people using the shazam app on their phones to tell them what songs and artists are being played for music trivia questions. All for a ship on a stick or a luggage tag, trivia is getting lame.

Agreed, it is not using your personal knowledge if using the internet 

My observations on formal night.

I love to dress up for formal night and love to see men in suits. I think the crowd in the elite lounge had all made an effort  to dress up. Not alot of dinner suits but mostly  well dressed people.  The dining room was probably  90 percent  well dressed. The theatre, went to see encore, a few more casuals.

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We will be joining you for the last of your b2bs.

Shame that others are not wearing their masks properly  or at all. Keep safe

Hope to catch up with you guys on the Coral cruise,  we on b2b from 22nd...will look for you...have missed the cruise get togethers in Canberra,  cheers.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

....... people using the shazam app on their phones to tell them what songs and artists are being played for music trivia questions. All for a ship on a stick or a luggage tag, trivia is getting lame.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Agreed, it is not using your personal knowledge if using the internet 

Yes, cheaper(??) & reliable wi-fi on the ships has sure led to cheats at trivia. For music ones, the cheats give themselves away when they request repeatedly to "play #3 again" at the end as they struggle to get the device to recognise the song/artist.

Some 'quizmasters' have used a less well-known artist's version of a song at times, and this often will catch out the app 🙂 

Anyway, we play for our own entertainment & interest - scores by others are irrelevant in that instance.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We are also onboard. At embarkation we were asked to show photos of our negative rats.

They may be doing random spot checks. I've heard of other people being asked for them as well but not many.

• Like 1

Tender to Airlie Beach today.

They used a ship tender and a local large cat ferry.

All the local volunteers  were very friendly and helpful. They put on $5 shuttle bus  that drops you at a beach, the markets and the main street shopping. It's walking distance  really. But mum wanted the ride. What a lovely  town. Very busy at the moment  with a sailing race on for a week. 180 yachts competing.

We managed to buy a few things from a market stall and a shop. Nice walk along the beach  path.

Back on board now. Had lunch from the grill above the pool. Think we ordered  the  wrong thing. Tacos were  poor and mum had a hotdog which looked awful. The cheesy bacon chips are definitely a miss. Very gritty cheese sauce. Great way to not overeat on board. Everyone around us ordered the classic burger which looked lovely.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Back on board now. Had lunch from the grill above the pool. Think we ordered  the  wrong thing. Tacos were  poor and mum had a hotdog which looked awful. The cheesy bacon chips are definitely a miss. Very gritty cheese sauce. Great way to not overeat on board. Everyone around us ordered the classic burger which looked lovely.

At least with Princess you don't have to pay extra for burgers etc from the grill. So if you don't like something just leave it and go get something else 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The burgers were very good. Even better when washed down with a vanilla malted milkshake ($2.50).

$2.50 for a milkshake? Our last few Princess cruises they were free, drank way too many on our round Aus cruise.

27 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The burgers were very good. Even better when washed down with a vanilla malted milkshake ($2.50).

The burgers make a great lunch with a cold beer.

Do they still have Draught beer on board?

33 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

$2.50 for a milkshake? Our last few Princess cruises they were free, drank way too many on our round Aus cruise.

Not sure if they were ever free but they were included in the UKP, along with soft drinks, juices, and mocktails.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

At least with Princess you don't have to pay extra for burgers etc from the grill. So if you don't like something just leave it and go get something else 

Don't all cruise lines do free burgers by the pool and in the buffet?

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure if they were ever free but they were included in the UKP, along with soft drinks, juices, and mocktails.

I always have the soft drink package, maybe that’s why, but Mrs G doesn’t and she got them free too.

Maybe it was just my good looks and sparkling personality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The softserve was free. There was also real icecream in the buffet at dinner.

And some of the ice creams in the MDR have been divine, one cruise 1st night the6 had Macadamia ice cream, asked second night “sorry sir I think it is all gone” after I got my desert he bought out a small bowl of Macadamia, next night “Ice cream man, make small batch today” it wasn’t on the menu again, but I got it every night”.

• Like 1