The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 15th, 2022

richwmn

10 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all,

Thank you to Rich for the lists.

I am not sure what Acadia Day is but I am sure it is a day of celebration for our Canadian friends.

I am always one for relaxing.  I spent a good part of yesterday getting rid of a lot of clutter.

I always celebrate my friends.  They are what keep me going.

The quote makes more sense after the explanation.

I will pass on the meal.  Too many carbs. Don’t drink hard liquor so that goes too.

The wine is a bit on the pricey side.

Have not been to the port.

Today is also the Feast of the Assumption on the Catholic Calendar and usually a Holy Day of Obligation.  However, because it falls on a Monday there is a dispensation from attending Mass.

In Italy it is also Ferragosto.  A day when the Italians begin their Holiday.  Everything closes down for the remainder of August.

I am finally starting to sleep better and I think that once this Prednisone is completely out of my system, it will keep getting better in time. One can only hope.

The morning is busy with our annual termite inspection in an hour or two.  Let’s hope there are no problems.  

Prayers for everyone on the Cares list—especially Tana and @smitty34877, her caregiver,  @kazuas she figures out what her next steps are with Shadow.  And all those who are suffering from Covid.  

Graham, @grapau27take it easy after PT.

Cheers to those celebrating special events and cruising.  @aliaschiefyou deserve a day of relaxation after all the touring you have been doing.

Have a great day everyone,

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Screenshot_20220815_141521.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

It has been a busy week here. We have been on baby watch since Friday with my younger daughter,  The baby had remained breech so a C-section was scheduled for this coming Thursday (18th).  But the baby decided on its own schedule!

We were awoken at 2:50 am with a call that they were on the way to the hospital. My daughter was having contractions. We had a hard time trying to fall asleep again but finally did. Then Sam decided to be hungry at his usual 6:20 am. Shook off being tired and got up anyway. At 7:17 am we received the call!  "Lilly London ...) had been born at 5:01 am and is 17 inches at 6 pounds 13 ounces. Both mother and baby (and father) are doing well. We will be driving over the mountain later today to meet my new granddaughter. In the meantime, here is a photo after being born. She already is fighting to take her cap off!

We are also happy that they recently purchased a new townhome that is only a four minute drive away from us. It should be completed sometime in November. Almost built-in babysitters!  ☺️

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

have a Grand Cayman question, I know most of you cruise to more exotic places, but has anyone just gotten on the bus, and ridden around Grand Cayman?

Hi Ann.

I used to own a timeshare in Grand Cayman so I think I can answer this question fairly accurately.  There is bus service,  it doesn’t run on any schedule.  Unless things have changed in the last few years, the buses consist of vans that stop along the road and pick you up.  I would not count on them.  I would take a taxi to where you want to go and then either have the taxi come to pick you up when you are done, or have the establishment call one for you.   

We always rented a car when we were there so I am not familiar with taxi rates. But I do know that the bus service is sporadic.

When you get off the tender there will be plenty of taxis that will be willing to take you where you want to go.

I also suggest going to the Ports section of CC to get more info on Grand Cayman.  If you have a specific place where you want to go, send me an email, I may be able to help.

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

It has been a busy week here. We have been on baby watch since Friday with my younger daughter,  The baby had remained breech so a C-section was scheduled for this coming Thursday (18th).  But the baby decided on its own schedule!

We were awoken at 2:50 am with a call that they were on the way to the hospital. My daughter was having contractions. We had a hard time trying to fall asleep again but finally did. Then Sam decided to be hungry at his usual 6:20 am. Shook off being tired and got up anyway. At 7:17 am we received the call!  "Lilly London ...) had been born at 5:01 am and is 17 inches at 6 pounds 13 ounces. Both mother and baby (and father) are doing well. We will be driving over the mountain later today to meet my new granddaughter. In the meantime, here is a photo after being born. She already is fighting to take her cap off!

We are also happy that they recently purchased a new townhome that is only a four minute drive away from us. It should be completed sometime in November. Almost built-in babysitters!  ☺️

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Congratulations!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Congratulations Jack on the birth of your granddaughter.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin TerriThanks.  The problem is I don't know where I want to go.  We have been before, we wandered the town, visited the museum, took the submarine to see the corals, and snorkeled off the coast.  DH and I just don't really have any plans for our upcoming trip.  We might just get off and get our passport stamped, if that service is still available, but other than that?  There are not even any just beach excursions, and I have no urge to kiss a sting ray.  We just wanted to ride around on the cheap.

I keep reading everyone's stories of people here just getting on a bus, and seeing the sights and was hoping to do that.  All the ship excursions are all about stingrays, and turtles.

• Like 15

Sorry about not including the photo of my new granddaughter. I can't seem to get the Edit function to rotate the photo on my phone, plus the 10 minute edit function on CC ran out. I will try again.

1887771549_image000000(2)2.thumb.jpg.6551fa2dee08da547cfac618246c97fe.jpg

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Sorry about not including the photo of my new granddaughter. I can't seem to get the Edit function to rotate the photo on my phone, plus the 10 minute edit function on CC ran out. I will try again.

Congratulations!She is beautiful.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  I dragged myself out of bed at 6 (a little late for me) to do the treadmill after being away from it for a while.  My leg kept me up several times last night.  Got that finished, ate breakfast then DH said let's go to Kroger now before it gets busy so I am late getting here too.  I think I should look for the survey address on the reciept and let them know of a few things we observed at the store.  One was an employee pushing items in the dairy refrigerated section to the back of the shelf and putting new stock in the front.  No rotating of stock at all.  Another is an item in the ice cream department that isn't on the shelves and hasn't been for almost 2 months.  They only have one flavor and the rest of the shelves in that section are bare!  I'd like to know if it is out of stock or no longer will be carried.  The only flavor in stock is so blah!  One thing I was happy about was the bonus fuel points I got for clicking on a digital coupon on my app.  That will help.

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report today.  I would love to have relaxation today but am catching up on weekly chores, and have to make some phone calls today.  As for best friends day, it just so happens it's my friend's birthday from way back when we both moved to Northern California for our hubby's jobs in 1979.  They now live in Texas.  It would be nice to see her again.  We should arrange that.  Cheers to the Acadian day celebration today in Canada.  The menu suggestion looks good.  Dili, East Timor was our port of the day on March 20, 2021 which can be found on page 57 of Rich's posting activity.  We have not been before.  I didn't check to see if anyone had photos back in March of last year but hopefully we will see some today.

Thanks to Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all especially Jacqui and Little Shadow.  Never forget to pray for the Ukraine and the people who have been displaced, and died for their country.  Cheers for the celebrations taking place, as well as the cruisers.  Safe travels home today Debbie @dfish.  Thanks for the great pictures and recipes today.  Also much appreciation to the rest of the food and beverage department.  @seagarsmokerthat is the prettiest picture you've every posted!  Thanks for sharing!  Graham @grapau27I hope the knee appointment was worthwhile and you are doing well in that department.  Hoping Gerry @ger_77and her DH are feeling a little better today.  And glad to hear the help for Tana will remain for a few more weeks so everyone can get their strength back.  Continued prayers for your household as well.

Since I have no photos of East Timor how about a recent photo of Sadie?  DD says this spot in the upstairs hallway is especially cool with the AC coming out under that door behind Sadie, so she parks herself there quite often.  She loves the AC!  We had quite a time with Sadie while visiting DD.  That pup refuses to obey "NO" when she jumps up on you.  And that would be every time she sees you walk by.  Thank goodness puppy kindergarten starts this week!  Everyone needs training apparently.  Plus when she's 6 months old she will be spayed so that may calm her down a bit.  Gracie was so laid back so it's quite a surprise to see Sadie zooming around the house or yard.  She's a real wild child!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKclccAcpNuQ0msyYVB7s9w4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1660415933

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

39 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Love the photo, Jack!  She's just precious!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin TerriThanks.  The problem is I don't know where I want to go.  We have been before, we wandered the town, visited the museum, took the submarine to see the corals, and snorkeled off the coast.  DH and I just don't really have any plans for our upcoming trip.  We might just get off and get our passport stamped, if that service is still available, but other than that?  There are not even any just beach excursions, and I have no urge to kiss a sting ray.  We just wanted to ride around on the cheap.

I keep reading everyone's stories of people here just getting on a bus, and seeing the sights and was hoping to do that.  All the ship excursions are all about stingrays, and turtles.

Do you want to go to a beach?  Contact the Westin and see if they offer a Day Pass.  it is a really nice beach there and you could get lunch and then they will call a taxi when you are ready to return to the ship.  If you don’t want to buy a day pass, there is a path next to the hotel where you can get on to the beach.  Just bring your towels and sit on the sand.  Have a nice lunch at the Westin.

Give me a bit of time to think,.  I may come up with some other suggestions.  When are you going?  

Terri

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Oh my, how precious!

And, with our youngest DGC just turning 'double-digits' (as the now 10yo likes to say) and the oldest DGC turning 20 later this week, we envy the sweet baby times you're about to enjoy. Treasure every minute!

Congratulations,

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

And another question from the BFF -regarding Anchorage- (he called last night) when you dock at Anchorage, what is near the dock to check out.  We are taking a morning excursion, and have several hours after we get back before we need to board  and he wants to do as much as he can while there.

There is absolutely NOTHING "near the dock" in Anchorage.  The ship berths in an industrial area.  A free shuttle is provided to Egan Center in downtown Anchorage.  Many private excursions depart from there.  However, if BFF just wants to hang out in town there is an AWESOME museum just a few blocks from Egan Center.  I can happily spend the WHOLE DAY there! When you want to return to the ship you return to Egan Center for the shuttle.  Hope this helps.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Beautiful baby! Congratulations!!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I dragged myself out of bed at 6 (a little late for me) to do the treadmill after being away from it for a while.  My leg kept me up several times last night.  Got that finished, ate breakfast then DH said let's go to Kroger now before it gets busy so I am late getting here too.  I think I should look for the survey address on the reciept and let them know of a few things we observed at the store.  One was an employee pushing items in the dairy refrigerated section to the back of the shelf and putting new stock in the front.  No rotating of stock at all.  Another is an item in the ice cream department that isn't on the shelves and hasn't been for almost 2 months.  They only have one flavor and the rest of the shelves in that section are bare!  I'd like to know if it is out of stock or no longer will be carried.  The only flavor in stock is so blah!  One thing I was happy about was the bonus fuel points I got for clicking on a digital coupon on my app.  That will help.

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report today.  I would love to have relaxation today but am catching up on weekly chores, and have to make some phone calls today.  As for best friends day, it just so happens it's my friend's birthday from way back when we both moved to Northern California for our hubby's jobs in 1979.  They now live in Texas.  It would be nice to see her again.  We should arrange that.  Cheers to the Acadian day celebration today in Canada.  The menu suggestion looks good.  Dili, East Timor was our port of the day on March 20, 2021 which can be found on page 57 of Rich's posting activity.  We have not been before.  I didn't check to see if anyone had photos back in March of last year but hopefully we will see some today.

Thanks to Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all especially Jacqui and Little Shadow.  Never forget to pray for the Ukraine and the people who have been displaced, and died for their country.  Cheers for the celebrations taking place, as well as the cruisers.  Safe travels home today Debbie @dfish.  Thanks for the great pictures and recipes today.  Also much appreciation to the rest of the food and beverage department.  @seagarsmokerthat is the prettiest picture you've every posted!  Thanks for sharing!  Graham @grapau27I hope the knee appointment was worthwhile and you are doing well in that department.  Hoping Gerry @ger_77and her DH are feeling a little better today.  And glad to hear the help for Tana will remain for a few more weeks so everyone can get their strength back.  Continued prayers for your household as well.

Since I have no photos of East Timor how about a recent photo of Sadie?  DD says this spot in the upstairs hallway is especially cool with the AC coming out under that door behind Sadie, so she parks herself there quite often.  She loves the AC!  We had quite a time with Sadie while visiting DD.  That pup refuses to obey "NO" when she jumps up on you.  And that would be every time she sees you walk by.  Thank goodness puppy kindergarten starts this week!  Everyone needs training apparently.  Plus when she's 6 months old she will be spayed so that may calm her down a bit.  Gracie was so laid back so it's quite a surprise to see Sadie zooming around the house or yard.  She's a real wild child!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKclccAcpNuQ0msyYVB7s9w4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1660415933

Thank you Sandi.

I learned quite a bit from the x-ray.

I wished she hadn't asked if I could squat just on one leg as it was a little painful.

Sorry to hear you are still having pain in your leg which is affecting your sleep.

Sadie looks absolutely adorable.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

Happy Acadian Day to our Canadian friends.  My French ancestors on my Mother's side settled in Acadia from France in the 1800's. I think they stayed in Canada for a generation or two before moving down to the states. 

Relaxation day is perfect today, I'm ready for that and hope to spend the day gardening (my way of relaxing).  I will let my BFF know that this is best friends day!

I like Debbie's last recipe, but will pass because we had pasta last night (4-Cheese Ravioli take-out made by our favorite Italian chef).  Will pass on the drink, the wine would be good but pricey.  Have never been to the port.

Terry @smitty34877I'm glad that you decided to keep the extra help for another couple weeks.  You need the rest.

Debbie @dfishsafe travels home!  

Jack @Heartgrovethank you for sharing the photo of your beautiful new grandchild!  Congratulations!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 67°F and sunny.

I had a physio appointment this morning analysing my knee and hip joints.

It was interesting to see the x-rays and having them explained to me.

Thank you Rich for today's daily and fleet reports.

Thank you Roy for today's lists.

I am resting now after doing the exercises recommend at the physio session earlier.

Nice food but not sure about the drink.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Take care...

Graham.

Hope  everything turn out  good  for  you with  the physio.

Jim.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Congratulations! So precious! Enjoy every minute!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1