Elite Merchandise Discount

karatemom2

One of the Elite Perks I enjoy is the 10 percent discount on merchandise. It’s nice to have and generally encourages me to spend. We just boarded the Emerald today for our British Isles cruise and I decided to treat myself to a bracelet for my medallion. I hate wearing lanyards - makes me feel like I’m at work. On this ship they are selling the medallion wear items at the photo desk. When I asked about my discount she first said there isn’t a discount on the medallion items. This isn’t true in my experience as we bought a band for my daughter on our Royal cruise and she was given a discount. Then she said they don’t discount items sold in photo - but this isn’t a camera - it’s really just merchandise. It’s not really the money just frustrated with the inconsistency. I went ahead and bought the bracelet at full price and I’m debating following up with Guest Services. But it’s only $5 so not really worth my time. It’s more the principal I guess. Just wondering if any other Elite level cruisers here have experience with purchasing the medallion gear. Did you get your discount?? 

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

One of the Elite Perks I enjoy is the 10 percent discount on merchandise. It’s nice to have and generally encourages me to spend. We just boarded the Emerald today for our British Isles cruise and I decided to treat myself to a bracelet for my medallion. I hate wearing lanyards - makes me feel like I’m at work. On this ship they are selling the medallion wear items at the photo desk. When I asked about my discount she first said there isn’t a discount on the medallion items. This isn’t true in my experience as we bought a band for my daughter on our Royal cruise and she was given a discount. Then she said they don’t discount items sold in photo - but this isn’t a camera - it’s really just merchandise. It’s not really the money just frustrated with the inconsistency. I went ahead and bought the bracelet at full price and I’m debating following up with Guest Services. But it’s only $5 so not really worth my time. It’s more the principal I guess. Just wondering if any other Elite level cruisers here have experience with purchasing the medallion gear. Did you get your discount?? 

I went to buy merchandise, not medallion  accessories though, in the shops and asked about the 10% discount and they said it has to be $100 dollars or more.  Lol  No thanks.

We went to the desk, near the photo shop for the wearable Medallion products and we got free bracelets from the young lady selling the items, because it was both our birthdays during our cruise. 

I would have never thought to ask for an Elite discount, but pre covid, they DID sell the bracelets at the gift shops.  (2018 & 2019)

Again, ships vary in what they do. I think after the restart there are so many new, inexperienced crew. They will catch

on, I hope. 🤔

6 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Just wondering if any other Elite level cruisers here have experience with purchasing the medallion gear. Did you get your discount?? 

On the Enchanted Princess in March I didn't receive the elite discount on the medallion bracelet and, to be truthful, it never occurred to me to ask about it. I'm not a big shopper and in almost 30 cruises I can count on one hand the number of items I've bought on board.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:47 PM, capriccio said:

On the Enchanted Princess in March I didn't receive the elite discount on the medallion bracelet and, to be truthful, it never occurred to me to ask about it. I'm not a big shopper and in almost 30 cruises I can count on one hand the number of items I've bought on board.

We were told there was no elite discount on the medallion bracelet I bought. It would have been nice, but not a problem as far as I was concerned. We appreciate the discounts we get in other areas.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

10% off in The Shops at Princess.

I was given discount for less then $100 purchase.

and I asked before making the purchase on Discovery in May 

You beat me. Was just looking at Princess' PDF file with the benefits. The 10% as you say is in the Shops at Princess, it's not applicable to anything already discounted and there's no mention of the purchase having to be over $100.

captains-circle-loyalty-benefits-2.pdf

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

You beat me. Was just looking at Princess' PDF file with the benefits. The 10% as you say is in the Shops at Princess, it's not applicable to anything already discounted and there's no mention of the purchase having to be over $100.

captains-circle-loyalty-benefits-2.pdf 2.24 MB · 1 download

We have always received 10 percent off non/sales items and have heard of this $100 issue.

I got the 10% discount on a $30 watch. That was in Nov., so maybe there's a new policy. If so, I don't like it. I just looked at the loyalty tier benefits. It says elite status gets 10% discount at the shops. It makes no mention of a $100 minimum purchase. 

Edited by 1965
  • Like 1

I noticed that the photo department does have a 10% off (of photos).  It doesn't mention cameras and accessories.  If the Medallion accessories are being rung up on the photo department register...wouldn't you think????   

I was on the transition cruise in November.  Sales clerks still gave 10% of everything in the shops...since they really didn't know.  By the spring, sales clerks were looking at documents as to what could and could not be discounted.  In one of the specialty shops (next to the make up one), they randomly gave me "unadvertised" discounts.  No rhyme nor reason.  Add this to the Princess inconsistent list.  

So I will toss out a thought.  According to some online discussions it appears that Apple Air Tags and the Princess Medallions are the same size.  There are many inexpensive holders (of all types) for Air Tags that you can find on e-bay (where we bought our holders for our Air Tags).  You might ask, why on earth would anyone want to wear an airtag?  It turns out that folks will put them on their children or perhaps an elderly parent with dementia.

Hank

• Like 2

A company called Jilzarah makes key chain bracelets that you can attach your Medallion (in it's plastic holder) to.

That's we we did.

They come in regular and small sizes (for smaller wrists) and lots of colors and are also available on Amazon.

I got the idea from a thread on here last year so am passing it on.

https://jilzarah.com/collections/keychains

https://www.amazon.com/JILZARAH-Wrist-Keychain-Nautical-Blue/dp/B096T7QY73/ref=asc_df_B096T7QY73/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=570192966175&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9460287528901433439&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016367&hvtargid=pla-1596224187344&th=1

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1999/7573/products/801-063_PROP-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1599768145

26 minutes ago, chamima said:

A company called Jilzarah makes key chain bracelets that you can attach your Medallion (in it's plastic holder) to.

That's we we did.

They come in regular and small sizes (for smaller wrists) and lots of colors and are also available on Amazon.

I got the idea from a thread on here last year so am passing it on.

https://jilzarah.com/collections/keychains

https://www.amazon.com/JILZARAH-Wrist-Keychain-Nautical-Blue/dp/B096T7QY73/ref=asc_df_B096T7QY73/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=570192966175&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9460287528901433439&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016367&hvtargid=pla-1596224187344&th=1

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1999/7573/products/801-063_PROP-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1599768145

I have a bracelet that has elastic inside made out of Swarovski Crystals. Nice & easy to take on & off. I get many compliments when I attach the crystal airtag case to it.  I don’t like anything around my neck.