The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 31st, 2022

richwmn

49 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Train leaves at 5pm (you must check in your car by 3) arrives at 10 am.  They are currently having a sale $89 coach fare plus the cost of your car.  You can book a roomette for an additional fee.  It takes 3.5 hours to drive from Sanford to Port Everglades.  It's about an hour to Port Canaveral and 2 hours to Tampa from Sanford.

I have taken the auto train. (I have a friend who works on the train.) I prefer to fly to FLL.  Quicker, don't have to pay to park the car, cheaper.

Tina, just to be factually correct, that quote in your last post was from Roy and not me.  I know no details on the auto train, but think it sounds like a good idea for some of us.

• Like 5

Hello everyone,

Just checking in.  i had an Eye Doctor appointment this morning and a Dentist appointment this afternoon.  The Dentist is very close to Barnes and Noble on Hilton Head so I decided to make a stop there so that we both will have some books to read during our upcoming vacation to Barbados and then our Christmas cruise.

I had a pretty bad night last night due to pain.  I thought that the prednisone would kick in and lessen the pain.  So I will have to have some patience and hope that the medication will take care of this autoimmune disorder.  i am so disappointed that it decided to show its ugly head again.

Tomorrow is my birthday.  DH wants to take me out dinner but I feel so bad that I am not sure I want to go. We shall see.  If we don’t go out, we will order in.  One thing I know, I will not cook tomorrow.

Enough of the whining.

Thank you to Rich for the Fleet report and the Daily.

I have not read the posts but will do so as soon as I can.

i just looked at the collection of days.  We cannot eat outside.  We have had nothing but rain everyday.  Don’t eat trail mix, and as for memoirs, two friends of mine have written theirs and they were quite interesting.

Will pass on the meal an the drink.  Maybe the wine.  Since I have not read the posts, I don’t know how much the wine will set me back.  DH promises a bottle of champagne for tomorrow anyway.

I have been to Manta, Ecuador when we did the repositioning cruise on the Veendam from Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale/New York.

I like the quote.

I received a good report from both the dentist and the eye doctor.  I was due for something good.  So I am grateful.

I promise to read the posts now and maybe post after that.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Sorry I am so late.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersI’m sorry my post quoted you, not Roy.  My apologies.  I agree that the Auto Train is an option for people in the DC area who do not like to fly.  Also,  I know people who take it to FL when they are planning to stay for more than a week to avoid the cost of a rental car.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I have taken the auto train. (I have a friend who works on the train.) I prefer to fly to FLL.  Quicker, don't have to pay to park the car, cheaper.

This is NOT from @StLouisCruisers; It's from @0106.  It's a quirk of Cruise Critic that when you highlight text inside a quote and then click "Quote this Selection" that it is attributed to person doing the quote, not from the person who created the text.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

But, can Carolyn afford us?  😉  

Lenda

She has no idea how much wine I can drink.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Tomorrow is my birthday.  DH wants to take me out dinner but I feel so bad that I am not sure I want to go. We shall see.  If we don’t go out, we will order in.  One thing I know, I will not cook tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

419409342_HappyBirthday2.jpg.cfd2ea026cf393eed659b4f3cf9e00b2.jpg

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I hope no one is painting after the wine 😉 😂 

We paint with the wine.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Could I pay you in wine?  Of course part of the deal would be I  get to drink with you. 😉  😂

Join in the painting with us.   If we're drinking wine, we won't mind painting.

55 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sounds like a plan,  wouod we get the wine while painting?  That would be more fun, but probably even messier.  😉🍷

Lenda

Lenda, we don't need wine to be messy.  I don't think it would make me any messier than I was today.

35 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Maybe messier, but also maybe we wouldn't care?  😄🤷‍♀️

These conversations make the painting worth the effort.  Now I'm glad I'm painting.  Maybe I'll do the last two rooms by myself.

Time for dreamland.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Sounds like we're getting a plan.  With wine, we'd probably take rwice as long (at least) per room.  I imagine we all would drink more wine than Carolyn expects.  Of course, the more we'd drink, she could probably substitute cheaper wine as the painting progressed.

After seeing all the typos in my last post after less than two glasses of wine with dinner, I just might be messier, if that's possible.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Good evening, all! I’m so late to the party today all that’s left is helping stack chairs and do dishes! It was hot here today, so no eating outside for us! There is a big wildfire at the US end of Chilliwack lake, and the smoke is funneling up the valley. It’s getting heavy here. Not much fun, and I’m glad we’re off to visit DS and DBIL tomorrow.

@rafinmd Roy, thank you for including me on the care list, but I can come off it. The arthritis pain is chronic but low level, not nearly what so many here are dealing with. The turmeric episode gave me what I’ve wished for so often: one day completely pain free. Then the side effects kicked in, disaster struck, and the rest is history. But I got my one day, so it was all with it in the end.

Today I applied for our New Zealand and Australia visas for the 2023 Grand World. They both came through in less than 30 minutes. All the other visas are handled on board, so we’re all set!

Happy Wednesday, everyone, at least what’s left of it. The smoke makes a beautiful sunset, but not as nice as a BHB does!

• Like 13

I’m thinking the wine will improve our painting.

My worst painting session was some years ago when I kicked over a quart on the shag carpet in my condo. I was able to wash it down pretty well and rinse with lots of water. There was no crunchiness left. 😮

Typically when I touch up paint in our house I have to go back and cut a few drops that dried on the carpet.🤭

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Oh God Why Do I Even Get Drunk Funny Meme Image

I was hoping to find a good picture of drunk painters, but think this will do.

But when you need to go get paint, give me a call, cause you need a sober driver!

Welcome to the party.  A designated driver is probably the best idea yet.

52 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Can I join the painting party? I can bring my own brush, a roller handle that extends to sixteen feet, and several bottles of wine!

You would be welcome even without the wine, but we wouldn't refuse it.  Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy your  visit.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening from Icy Strait Point, 

We've had a good day today. 

Roy - could you add my friend Wayne and his wife Karen to the Cares list? I taught with him for 18 years, he's beat melanoma for 13 years but got Covid, then pneumonia twice, and is now on hospice. They say 2 days to 2 weeks. His wife Karen has done a super job of giving him a wonderful quality of life. He's a very special person and was a wonderful 5th grade teacher.  Thank you.

Here's the sunset tonight from our balcony.

P1050073.thumb.JPG.81cbd2d7ed5c427633f0bf13e35ecc26.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

Just checking in.  i had an Eye Doctor appointment this morning and a Dentist appointment this afternoon.  The Dentist is very close to Barnes and Noble on Hilton Head so I decided to make a stop there so that we both will have some books to read during our upcoming vacation to Barbados and then our Christmas cruise.

I had a pretty bad night last night due to pain.  I thought that the prednisone would kick in and lessen the pain.  So I will have to have some patience and hope that the medication will take care of this autoimmune disorder.  i am so disappointed that it decided to show its ugly head again.

Enough of the whining.

Thank you to Rich for the Fleet report and the Daily.

I have not read the posts but will do so as soon as I can.

i just looked at the collection of days.  We cannot eat outside.  We have had nothing but rain everyday.  Don’t eat trail mix, and as for memoirs, two friends of mine have written theirs and they were quite interesting.

Will pass on the meal an the drink.  Maybe the wine.  Since I have not read the posts, I don’t know how much the wine will set me back.  DH promises a bottle of champagne for tomorrow anyway.

I have been to Manta, Ecuador when we did the repositioning cruise on the Veendam from Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale/New York.

I like the quote.

I received a good report from both the dentist and the eye doctor.  I was due for something good.  So I am grateful.

I promise to read the posts now and maybe post after that.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Sorry I am so late.

God Bless,

Terri

@Cruzin Terri.

Happy birthday.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

About trains: if you don't need a car at the port, regular Amtrak trains go from NYC, DC, etc., to Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.

I've done that several times  and will again when I do a repo on Vision of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale to Baltimore.  I wish Amtrak could get their new Miami station by the airport open as it's nice to board the train leisurely right at the beginning.  There's a nice hotel right across the street but they can't open it because there is a crossing right where they would be staging the train.

Roy

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Can I join the painting party? I can bring my own brush, a roller handle that extends to sixteen feet, and several bottles of wine!

You certainly can!

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sounds like we're getting a plan.  With wine, we'd probably take rwice as long (at least) per room.  I imagine we all would drink more wine than Carolyn expects.  Of course, the more we'd drink, she could probably substitute cheaper wine as the painting progressed.

After seeing all the typos in my last post after less than two glasses of wine with dinner, I just might be messier, if that's possible.

Lenda

Hey, none of that cheap stuff for me.

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Oh God Why Do I Even Get Drunk Funny Meme Image

I was hoping to find a good picture of drunk painters, but think this will do.

But when you need to go get paint, give me a call, cause you need a sober driver!

You're hired!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 8/31/2022 at 6:10 AM, 0106 said:

I am also a flip flop girl from April to November.  During the winter I wear boots.  Sneaker are only for the gym.  

My favorite brand of walking shoes is Allbirds.  I have also worn Sketchers; they have a line called GoWalk.  I like the slip on versions of both brands.   I have friends that wear the Hoka brand for comfort and my mom likes Dansko and Vionic.  You can check them all out online.  I frequently order several pairs on line from Zappos or DSW, get free shipping and returns and just keep the ones that are most comfortable.  

I love Allbirds and have 4 pairs of their flats. I have very small, narrow feet and usually can’t wear a regular width shoe, but these meld to your feet. They are the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever owned. And they are washable!  And you can buy replacement insoles too. 

When I was on an excursion to the Etruscan tombs another woman was wearing a pair. We looked at each other and both said, these are the most comfortable shoes ever. 

• Like 4