SECOND ArriveCAN APP Required Before Cruise!!! Alert!

nini

44 minutes ago, rim140 said:

When you did the ArriveCan second time for the cruise, did you have to create a new account? Is there a link to add another one using the same account? I just completed and received a receipt for flying into Canada, but can't seem to locate where I can enter and submit 2nd time for the cruise.

Only one submission can be active at a time. Once you use it, you can enter another, the system will retain passport and vaccination data so only trip details need to be entered.

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

Only one submission can be active at a time. Once you use it, you can enter another, the system will retain passport and vaccination data so only trip details need to be entered.

Thanks 🙂 

On 9/10/2022 at 8:58 PM, retird said:

The ArriveCan policy is a pain and should be done away with.   Im fully vaccinated but at some point we have to declare these pandemic travel restrictions over.  It is like a flu now and will be around for a long tome, requiring periodic boosters.   We have to start living.   

President Biden said today that the pandemic is over, although COVID is still around, just not like it was before, especially with the vaccinations and continued boosters.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, westcoaster said:

You do not need to upload Covid test results into ArriveCan, since a Covid test is not required for entry into Canada.  The purpose of ArriveCan is to confirm vaccination status.

Since my husband misplaced his CDC vaccination card, I called Princess asking if we can take a screenshot of his CA.gov Smart card for ArriveCAN that shows all 5 of his jabs.  The agent said yes.  I hope that’s true.  I don’t know why they WOULDN’T take it since it’s an official document from the government. 

52 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

There have been stories in the news recently indicating that the Canadian government is likely to drop the mandatory requirement to complete ArriveCAN before entering Canada.   This could happen as soon as the end of September.

The Order in Council providing authority for mandatory ArriveCAN submissions expires at the end of September. It's been widely speculated that it will not be renewed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, broberts said:

The Order in Council providing authority for mandatory ArriveCAN submissions expires at the end of September. It's been widely speculated that it will not be renewed.

Do you have any insights or have you heard recent speculation about eliminating the testing requirement for cruises that visit a Canadian port?  I saw some posts about a month ago that indicated any change would probably not happen before next spring. The theory was the season is almost over so why not wait a few months before making a decision. 

Just now, Jersey42 said:

Do you have any insights or have you heard recent speculation about eliminating the testing requirement for cruises that visit a Canadian port?  I saw some posts about a month ago that indicated any change would probably not happen before next spring. The theory was the season is almost over so why not wait a few months before making a decision. 

I don't have any special insights. Mandatory cruise ship testing requirements are authorized under ministerial authority granted by law. The specific ministerial order can be found at https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-september-8-2022.

6 hours ago, broberts said:

There's an article in today's Globe & Mail confirming September 30 as the end date for mandatory ArriveCan: 

Canada to make ArriveCan optional, drop COVID-19 vaccine requirement at the border by Sept. 30

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, westcoaster said:

There's an article in today's Globe & Mail confirming September 30 as the end date for mandatory ArriveCan: 

Canada to make ArriveCan optional, drop COVID-19 vaccine requirement at the border by Sept. 30

"The changes, for arrivals at land, air and sea ports of entry, are planned for Sept. 30, but have yet to be finalized by cabinet, according to four sources."

If I remember correctly, the ArriveCan rules had different requirements for arrivals at sea ports and arrival by cruise ship, the former mainly applying to arrivals by ferry.

So, any confidence that the changes at the end of September will also apply to arrival by cruise ship?

5 hours ago, caribill said:

If I remember correctly, the ArriveCan rules had different requirements for arrivals at sea ports and arrival by cruise ship, the former mainly applying to arrivals by ferry.

So, any confidence that the changes at the end of September will also apply to arrival by cruise ship?

If mandatory ArriveCan is dropped, then it will definitely apply to all entries, including those arriving by cruise ship.  

Pre-cruise testing is an entirely different issue, and I assume would be dealt with independently from any changes to ArriveCan requirements.  The testing is not based on entry into Canada; it's for cruise ships operating in Canada.  There seems to be a lot of confusion about that difference.

ArriveCan is under the authority of the Canada Border Services Agency, since it deals with entry into Canada.  The pre-cruise testing is under the authority of Transport Canada, since it deals with regulating a mode of transportation operating in Canada.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, westcoaster said:

If mandatory ArriveCan is dropped, then it will definitely apply to all entries, including those arriving by cruise ship.  

Pre-cruise testing is an entirely different issue, and I assume would be dealt with independently from any changes to ArriveCan requirements.  The testing is not based on entry into Canada; it's for cruise ships operating in Canada.  There seems to be a lot of confusion about that difference.

ArriveCan is under the authority of the Canada Border Services Agency, since it deals with entry into Canada.  The pre-cruise testing is under the authority of Transport Canada, since it deals with regulating a mode of transportation operating in Canada.

Yes, and in News they have mentioned removing vaccination requirements, & other travel restrictions.

we have to wait until September 30 th to find out what will change.

I am a Canadian and just heard on the news the Arrive Can app is going to be optional to do .( Not sure who would even bother with it). Also vaccinations  will not be mandatory to enter Canada. Hopefully this will ease some of the total  craziness at our airports. Perhaps it is to do with the MLB  playoffs. Who knows.  

20 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

I am a Canadian and just heard on the news the Arrive Can app is going to be optional to do .( Not sure who would even bother with it). Also vaccinations  will not be mandatory to enter Canada. Hopefully this will ease some of the total  craziness at our airports. Perhaps it is to do with the MLB  playoffs. Who knows.  

That has not been made official yet, I don't think so.....let's see what happens

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

A lot will depend on what happens if you DO complete it. If submitting  it allows privileged/faster crossing of the border or easier transit through CBSA when flying home, especially if combined with NEXUS, you'd better believe we will do it. I've done many submissions, only takes a minute or two

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awinte2 said:

Some might prefer to use it as you can do the CBSA declaration using it which could save some time at reentry.  I don't think MLB are the initials you want... it seems to be more JT, our Karaoke PM, being forced into it by circumstances.  Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

Fyi in st John today we just walked off the ship not showing anything to anyone.

As did we. Since we had all submitted our ArriveCan docs before boarding, the Canadian gvt knew we were coming and so did not need to inspect us as we left the ship. We were all "in the system" and were cleared to disembark.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:14 PM, nini said:

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal.
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel.

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

So if I fly into Vancouver to cruise to Alaska I complete 2 ArriveCAN apps? 1 for 1 terminal / 1 for ship??? And complete both together?

Edited by Ombud

31 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So if I fly into Vancouver to cruise to Alaska I complete 2 ArriveCAN apps? 1 for 1 terminal / 1 for ship??? And complete both together?

At the moment, one submission to fly into Canada. If the Alaska cruise is round trip, a second completed after you have used the first. ArriveCAN allows only one active submission at a time. Since it retains passport and vaccination data, creating subsequent trip submissions is trivial.

If the cruise is one way, GOC does not require ArriveCAN. Testing and vaccinations are required to cruise.