Nieuw Statendam departing an hour earlier 11/19 & 11/26

FlaMariner

For whatever it is worth.....

We are boarding the Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades for the 11/19 & 11/26 B2B sailings.  

We got an email today for both departure dates.....The email says "due to operational reasons" we will depart at 3pm instead of 4pm.  All aboard is 2pm. 

Work for us.....get the party started earlier!

Probably with so many ships in port those days, they are attempting to start "the parade of departing ships" as early as possible.  It is difficult to get everyone off the ship and then reboard the new guests as well as all the provisions, fuel and crew changeovers in less than 8 hours at the dock.  Late arrivals adds to the mix.

Got that as well for the 12/23 sailing.  We are also swapping Grand Turk for the DR.  I heard an October sailing on the NA is also dropping Grand Turk.  They are picking Key West up instead.

I wonder if there's an issue with Grand Turks.

Edited by TravelingCartwheels
Wrong ship cited.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, FlaMariner said:

For whatever it is worth.....

We are boarding the Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades for the 11/19 & 11/26 B2B sailings.  

We got an email today for both departure dates.....The email says "due to operational reasons" we will depart at 3pm instead of 4pm.  All aboard is 2pm. 

Work for us.....get the party started earlier!

Hello North Florida. We will join you on these B2B cruises. Not sure what operational reasons means, but it is not a problem if you drive to the port.  

23 hours ago, TravelingCartwheels said:

Got that as well for the 12/23 sailing.  We are also swapping Grand Turk for the DR.  I heard an October sailing on the NA is also dropping Grand Turk.  They are picking Key West up instead.

I wonder if there's an issue with Grand Turks.

I’m on the Nov 5 sailing and Key West has been dropped - now going to Bimini. Would prefer KW

I'm wondering if this early departure is even possible in many cases.  With Celebrity Apex Class ships docking in the Intercostal Waterway and many HAL ships using terminals 26 and 29 I suspect HAL ships will often be unable to get out of the port until Celebrity leaves.

Roy

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Suncoastsailors said:

Hello North Florida. We will join you on these B2B cruises. Not sure what operational reasons means, but it is not a problem if you drive to the port.  

Yep....no issue for us as we are driving down the day before go time.....It would be fine with me if they set sail at noon......so 3pm is just fine....

See y'all onboard.....Thanksgiving at sea and then another week onboard!

53 minutes ago, rocksteady27 said:

I’m on the Nov 5 sailing and Key West has been dropped - now going to Bimini. Would prefer KW

Our 11/26 sailing is calling at Key West.........So far, no news is good news....and we do hope it calls there.....We've got our Mother onboard (81) who is a life long Floridian and has always wanted to see Key West......

Key West was switched out for Bimini on a cruise last year and I hate to tell you but Bimini was, in our opinion, a waste of a port day.  

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Our 11/26 sailing is calling at Key West.........So far, no news is good news....and we do hope it calls there.....We've got our Mother onboard (81) who is a life long Floridian and has always wanted to see Key West......

Key West was switched out for Bimini on a cruise last year and I hate to tell you but Bimini was, in our opinion, a waste of a port day.  

yeah I’m not excited about Bimini - would much rather visit Key West. I’ve never been and really was looking forward to it! 

bummed 

We received notification that our December 20th departure from Port Everglades has also been moved up an hour, from 4pm to 3pm.  My first thought was that it was due to several ships being in that day but everything I can find shows we're the only one that day so no idea why they changed it.  No other changes to the 16 day itinerary.  

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'm wondering if this early departure is even possible in many cases.  With Celebrity Apex Class ships docking in the Intercostal Waterway and many HAL ships using terminals 26 and 29 I suspect HAL ships will often be unable to get out of the port until Celebrity leaves.

Roy

Good point. I am on NS in December, Key West out, Bimini in. Sign of the time. Celebrity canceled KW on two of my cruises in 2021. Hate to miss my favorite in KW, chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick with oysters on the half shell as a chaser 😀

• Like 1