Current dress code in Blu for dinner

warmwinds

The policy has been that the Chic night dress code is for MDR only and officially does not apply to Specialty Dining, Blu or Luminae.   Saying that usually Chic night people throughout the ship dress a little to a lot better on that night.     Even the MDR Chic is so encompassing that it would include what most people consider casual -

We were just on the Reflection and we dined in Blu every night.  We noticed several men dining in Blu with short pants on and no one told them anything.  I guess the rules have changed and you can wear whatever you want while dining in Blu.

2 minutes ago, kebrown said:

We were just on the Reflection and we dined in Blu every night.  We noticed several men dining in Blu with short pants on and no one told them anything.  I guess the rules have changed and you can wear whatever you want while dining in Blu.

If your are saying that shorts were worn in the evening in Blu on Reflection. All that is saying is that maître d was not doing their job. I have not heard of any changes to corporate policy. 

• Like 3

Just walked off  Equinox.  The sign outside basically says no shorts.  That’s about the extent of it.  We saw a little bit of everything this last week including tank tops and graphic tees.  The maitre’d was basically non-existent all week so I don’t imagine him enforcing anything.  

We had a lovely time.  Service was excellent but dress code wasn’t a thing really. Most people had nicer clothing on but even chic night was toned down. 

33 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

If your are saying that shorts were worn in the evening in Blu on Reflection. All that is saying is that maître d was not doing their job. I have not heard of any changes to corporate policy. 

Yes.  Men were wearing shorts in the evening in Blu and no one told them anything.  I was very surprised to see this.

• Like 1

When we were on APEX in March - one man came down in a nice dress shirt and shorts - nicer shorts, but shorts none the less.  The girl checking people in told him sorry, he had to go change into long pants - which he did and returned shortly thereafter.  I guess it depends on who is managing check in at Blu?  Or could vary by ship?? Which it should not.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:29 AM, bigbenboys said:

Technically it should be the person(s) manning the host stand as the M'D is usually visiting tables yet I've never seen any dress codes really enforced on X other than hats whether the MDR, Blu or specialty (never stayed in a suite).  My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is this because they have determined a negative interaction is a risk to their surveys marks and tips.  A hat comes off right then and there while changing from shorts to pants would require one to walk back to the room.  Also on my last sailing at the two top right next to me I heard a conversation between a couple and their waiter.  Couple went on a minute long rant of how the food quality has really gone down hill the waiter replied with he's sorry they felt that way but then brought up the survey and stated food quality and service are two different questions and was basically begging them to put a ten for service even if they put a one for the food quality.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, kebrown said:

The rules have not changed. 

Dress code has certainly relaxed but going into Blu last night on the Infinity the hostess quietly informed the group standing behind us in line that the men could not enter in shorts for dinner.

So I guess it is hit or miss which ship is enforcing the dress code.

• Like 2

Response to wineoclock - we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale on Apex - back to back - eastern and western Caribbean  - we were seated right near podium check in and overheard - staff was polite in their request - not demeaning or anything like that - he simply kept same shirt on and came back in long pants

• Like 1

You need to remember there are "special" people on every cruise.  They seem to go out of their way to challenge rules and guidelines of all sorts.  One also needs to remember that a Caribbean cruise is likely to be more casual than one in the Mediterranean.  Also that covid changed lots of behaviors such as the passengers in Blu on Summit who went on a rant about his wine service.

I just got off Eclipse. For the most part people were dressed at or above the dress code.

But we did see shorts, jeans, lots of t-shirts and some baseball hats. Many men wearing short and long sleeve t-shirts or rash shirts.

I wore dresses most nights and was in the minority. Most women wore nice pants with anything from t-shirt to dressy top. Men ranged from sport coats to t-shirts and jeans.

Edited by broker1217

We were on the Edge and were behind a couple going to Luminae for  dinner on the 1st night. The  guy had shorts on and hostess nicely told him he needed long pants in the evening.  As they walked away he turned to his wife and said “ I told you this was nicer than Royal or Carnival”.

I’m old fashion and if a go to a restaurant where the servers wear shorts, jeans, tank tops, then that’s fine for the patrons.  But when I go to a  restaurant I feel like I should be dressed as well as those serving me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, broker1217 said:

I just got off Eclipse. For the most part people were dressed at or above the dress code.

But we did see shorts, jeans, lots of t-shirts and some baseball hats. Many men wearing short and long sleeve t-shirts or rash shirts.

I wore dresses most nights and was in the minority. Most women wore nice pants with anything from t-shirt to dressy top. Men ranged from sport coats to t-shirts and jeans.

I often wear dresses in the Mediterranean as I just find it easier to sling on a loose fitting dress. That way I can eat desert! 

2 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I often wear dresses in the Mediterranean as I just find it easier to sling on a loose fitting dress. That way I can eat desert! 

Funny how so many of us like loose fitting or elastic waist dresses on cruises…

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Funny how so many of us like loose fitting or elastic waist dresses on cruises…

Just to let you know that we didn’t get either the PH or R/S I the move up process despite having both bids at the maximum amounts. I don’t think there are many empty cabins on the whole ship. We will still enjoy ourselves as the CS cabin is one with the larger balconies.

Apologies for a stray post in this thread. 

Edited by Gordoncruickshank